iPhone 5?

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want. There are stronger, faster phones out there, but Apple phones are designed for less tech savvy users. More power, more technical.
    Less power, more user friendly.

Exactly. I prefer the Android devices over anything Apple.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i ordered mine last week and cant wait to pick it up on friday!!!!!! It is going to blow the Samsung S3 and all the others out of the water! Lighter, Better Screen, Bigger screen, Better Battery, Better Camera, Better Ear Phones, whats not to like other than the new cord?

not all true. There are some things that are better, but Samsung has a good phone, too. You don't have to convince yourself your phone is the best, as long as it's good for you.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    S3. I hate Apple after they changes their plug in. I immediately went back to my Android after hearing that. Ridiculous.

it's a problem that they update the plug they've been using for over a decade so that they can make other components fit in the phone better?
  • wolverine66
    Options
    My opinion is that Apple is one helluva marketing company and folks are going to line up and fork over mega cash for the same phone they had last year.

Get an android and use it for three years like the rest of us not-rich people.

To add to this - if you have an iPhone 4S ALL the software peeps are saying just do the upgrade on your phone and voila you have an iPhone 5!

Contrary to this belief, I actually think that people are on a 2 year cycle to coincide with their contract. And apple has done a good job to not only update the phone yearly, but not make those who bought the last model feel like they are severely out of date. so while it may not be a huge step up from the 4s, i don't think it's meant to be. It is, however, a significant step up from the 4. So people with the 4 (and previous models) can get the discounted phone.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Go for it. My son wants one and he is good at picking out the best techs and elects! lol

If he wants the iPhone 5, then he is not good at picking out techs and elects. The iPhone is not a technical phone. It is the easiest phone in the world.

All of Apple products are made for the technically challenged person. I personally believe this is what makes them so popular.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    i said it earlier today to someone on twitter, and I will say it again. I think the Samsung G3 and the iPhone are both quality products, and amazing pieces of technology. If you have had iphones in the past, you will likely stay that route, because of the aforementioned "ecosystem." the same goes for the Android phones. it's really all about what you prefer. I seriously doubt you would be disappointed in either.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I've had a couple androids and had 3 iphones too. I prefer the iphones over the androids. I've had issues with every andoid I've had. the only time I had issues with my iphones is when i jailbroke them and tried to do things with them.

The iphone 5 has some features that the 4s does not have even with the ios6 upgrade. It's bigger screen, it can use LTE (4g). It has more ram and a faster processor.

You can find andoids for cheaper but like I said I have had issues with every android I've owned. It just really depends on preference. I now have a huge itunes library so switching over now would be costly so I'm sort of locked in. there are benefits and issues with each option. Go check them out. For me I'm gonna probably upgrade to the 5 when I'm able to later this year. I have the 4 so I'm not able to utilize the new maps or the panaramic photos that you can with ios6 and the 4s or 5.

Just my 2 cents.

I had the original Android that came out November 2009. Never had a bit of problem with it. Upgraded to the Droid X and this past spring upgraded to the RazR. My work phon is a RazR Maxx.

I haven't had problems with either of these phones either. The only phone I had minor issues with was the Droid X.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Go for it. My son wants one and he is good at picking out the best techs and elects! lol

If he wants the iPhone 5, then he is not good at picking out techs and elects. The iPhone is not a technical phone. It is the easiest phone in the world.

All of Apple products are made for the technically challenged person. I personally believe this is what makes them so popular.

i think that apple products have a wide array of uses. they are user-friendly for those that may not be a tech-geek, but that doesn't mean you can't do tech-geeky things with it. the spectrum of users is wide. but I don't think they are really that different than anything else. i just think that people hate the "fanboys" and try to downplay/dismiss what apple does.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    All the people on here saying that apple and iphones suck have probably never owned one. They are the same price as the newest Droids and, in my opinion, are way better. They more user friendly, have better cameras, screen quality, and if you own other apple products the benefits are even greater. I have had quite a few smart phones, including droids and iphones, and my iphones always last longer and work better after a year of having them. Would I recommend getting the iPhone 5 tho? Probably not. You can get the 4S for half the cost now and it's essentially the same thing. I would not recommend anything with the android os tho. Personal preference maybe, but all my Droids stopped working or had to be repaired within the first year of owning them.

I do the ordering and phone support for my company. I don't see issues with the iPhones or the Android devices.

The iPhones are for people that don't know how to use technology and really don't want to know either.

The open source IOS with the Android devices is far superior to the locked down iPhone IOS.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Oh, just a point about iTunes (which I'm not a fan of). Its pretty easy to extract your media out of your itunes library or off your ipod / iphone etc with a 3rd party app (free or a couple of dollars). I know I did this with the 40gb of music I had in itunes. This is now all in RealPlayer and media player and I can export it to wherever I want (including back into itunes so that I can put it on iDevices that I own).

So dont feel you're locked in. You're not.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

i think that apple products have a wide array of uses. they are user-friendly for those that may not be a tech-geek, but that doesn't mean you can't do tech-geeky things with it. the spectrum of users is wide. but I don't think they are really that different than anything else. i just think that people hate the "fanboys" and try to downplay/dismiss what apple does.

I can say this........

No one in our I.T. Department has an iPhone. We all have Android devices. The only people that have iPhones are the same people that I always receive calls from that don't know how to do anything.

In fact, I don't know anyone in the technical community that I network with that has an iPhone.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that Apple is one helluva marketing company and folks are going to line up and fork over mega cash for the same phone they had last year.

Get an android and use it for three years like the rest of us not-rich people.

To add to this - if you have an iPhone 4S ALL the software peeps are saying just do the upgrade on your phone and voila you have an iPhone 5!

I did the update on mine, and the new software is great, and has most of the same features as the 5
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    eh we a little over due for a new phone, and were talking about getting one, prolly get the old one(cheeper)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Waiting for it to be delivered. :-)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I've had a play with one, it's much lighter, a little bit bigger screen & seemed faster than my 4, but in light on the ISO6 issues (which might be just with the update and not the 5) I think I'll wait till the creases are ironed out.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I ordered one. I'll have it when I get home tonight. I've never been on the Apple train but this time I'm giving it a try. I've had blackberry and droid phones and the LG phone I have now is a piece of crap. I literally want to smash it into a million pieces. Everyone I know has an iPhone and they all love them. I decided to buy because I was due for an upgrade and I'm hoping this phone won't suck as bad as my LG one.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My husband has a Driod. I have an iPhone. He *****es about his ALL the time. He upgraded when the new Droid came out and he still *****es. He has had more problems with that phone than I can even remember. Me? Never had an iPhone problem and I have had mine for years. I am due for an upgrade soon so I might upgrade my 4 for a 5 but I am not in any hurry. He plans on upgrading and switching to the iPhone 5.

The thing is with any phone everyone has their favorite. But what is good for them may not be good for you. It all depends on what you want your phone to do and what your intentions are. Then, go to a store like Best Buy and play with every single phone there. Because what you like might not be what someone else likes.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my iPhone 4S...just saying...I had a droid before and I'd never go back. but I'm not rushing out for the 5...
  • edpapo86
    edpapo86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what you get with the new iPhone 5... 1/2 inch bigger screen! hahaha, The only big thing it had going for it was the release of iOS 6. Which works JUST as great on the iphone generations. I have the 4S and probably won't upgrade to the iPhone 5... I'm happy with my 4S, and all the new iOS 6 updates. :)
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    eh we a little over due for a new phone, and were talking about getting one, prolly get the old one(cheeper)

The old one also is a little easier to hold according to reports. The new phone is harder to hold one handed now.

The main differences with the 5 and the 4 is that the 4 hasn't got 4G, as good a camera and is less powerful (not an issue unless you use lots of apps). Weight makes no real difference. Both have similar battery times. I've heard reports of the 5 getting warm in use (review sites mention this). The 5 also does not suffer from the "antenna blocking" problem it you hold it in the wrong place. The connectors are obviously different, so the 5 may not work in some cars now, but the 4's connector will eventually become obsolete.

I'd also get the 4S if I was going to get one. We struggle to get decent 3G in a lot of the UK, never mind 4G and I never used anything that taxing on the iphone I had that needed a really powerful CPU. Its not like they have the screen size to warrant pushing lots of graphics around.