iPhone 5?

Options

Replies

• PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    personally i'd get the Samsung S3.

I agree with this. The minute I read that they integrated the touch sensors into the actual screen (instead of it being two layers) I said "h*ll no". The 'spiderweb app' they are prone to getting would render your touch input useless. No thanks. I'll stick to my HTC and Samsung phones that have been indestructible for the last 2 years /knock on wood.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    i ordered mine last week and cant wait to pick it up on friday!!!!!! It is going to blow the Samsung S3 and all the others out of the water! Lighter, Better Screen, Bigger screen, Better Battery, Better Camera, Better Ear Phones, whats not to like other than the new cord?

Actually the S3 wins over the iP5's specs in nearly every category
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Same phone as the 4s, just a bigger screen..go for the Galaxy S3 aka "the iphone killer". Love mine
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I ordered it! I currently have the iPhone 4, not 4S, so it will be an upgrade to me! I LOVE my iphone. I HATE my husbands droid, he's switching to iPhone too. One of the reasons we ordered is because we want to change service providers anyways. I use it for working out, run c25k, runkeeper, and music all at the same time. I find that a droid is too crazy, too much stuff going on and nothing seems simple. The apple software is very simple and easy to learn.
    I like to have different things than everyone else, but when something is done right why worry about being different? Plus everything is catered towards the iPhone, most apps are perfected for it first, accessories, etc. I've personally never seen an android speaker dock... I think it gives you the most versatility and you get more out of it other than it just being a phone.
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Mine was pre-ordered last week just a few minutes after midnight - A white 32GB one to replace my aging white 16GB 3GS!

I freely admit to belonging to the Cult of Mac and worshipping all things Apple :love:
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    there is nothing new in an iphone 5 that others don't have already (except for the micro sim, and a locked in eco system), and apple are very very good at marketing, save your cash and go for an android phone, not as hip or cool I suppose but it does the job well enough if you don't have money burning a hole in your pocket. I call it the iSheep! :laugh:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to spend too much money on a new smartphone, the Galaxy S2 is still available. I got one for cheap, because the S3 just came out. It does everything I want it to do without fuss.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want. There are stronger, faster phones out there, but Apple phones are designed for less tech savvy users. More power, more technical.
    Less power, more user friendly.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it's far superior to my wife's iPhone 4S, IMHO. And I'm not just saying that because I'm an Apple hater. My cell phone is just about my only electronic device that is not an Apple product. I believe their products are superior to the competition in most instances, but not when it comes to cell phones. I don't know what the upgrades are for the iPhone 5, but it would have to be light years ahead of the iPhone 4S for me to ever consider trading in my Galaxy S3.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I've only EVER had droids. I currently have the Galaxy S2. When I do upgrade, I'll go with the newest Galaxy they have (won't be elegible for an upgrade till March, I think) when that time comes.

I personally have never had problems with any of my droids (aside from the MyTouch when they did the froyo upgrade, it bricked my phone). But EVERYONE I know who has an iPhone has had problems with it.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have ordered mine, and I am not about to get into a debate about Apple. However, if you have other Apple products such as a Macbook or iMac or iPad, then the integration that is provided with having the same OS on your phone is fantastic. Everything coordinates between devices with minimal, if any, fuss.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Nope... sorry, I just got my Iphone 4S and am quite happy with it... so I think I'm just going to stick with it...
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I still have my iphone 4 and my carrier is offering the i5 for $199, hey you can return it with in 30 days if you don't like it!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i ordered mine last week and cant wait to pick it up on friday!!!!!! It is going to blow the Samsung S3 and all the others out of the water! Lighter, Better Screen, Bigger screen, Better Battery, Better Camera, Better Ear Phones, whats not to like other than the new cord?

Blow them out of the water??

Lighter? Yes... because it's smaller... much smaller.
    Better screen? Nope, S3 has more pixels (slightly lower pixel density, because it's screen is much bigger)
    Bigger screen? Nope, S3 is much bigger, almost an inch bigger.
    Better battery? Nope, hard to compare, but most sites are claiming more standby and talk time with the S3. Also note that you could theoretically buy a second S3 battery and swap it in should you need to... try that with any iPhone.
    Better Camera? Nope, Same Megapixels in the back, iPhone has a lower megapixel front facing camera. Quality of picture is purely in the eye of the beholder
    Better ear phones? Who cares... if you are really an audiophile you are buying higher quality earphones with either phone. And not sure that iPhone new headphones outdo S3's anyway.

What about memory? Oh right... iPhone you are stuck with the size of the phone you buy, S3 has a microSD slot for expanded memory...

While the iPhone5 may be slightly better than the iPhone 4s, it certainly is a step behind the current flagship Android phones, but Apple fans will buy it anyway, because 1) they don't want to think about the phone/system they are buying or 2) all their media is on Apples proprietary system and it would be prohibitive to switch it... which is too bad for them getting locked into a closed system like Apple.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I can upgrade my 4 to a 5 I broke my screen a while ago still very usable but I like the fact they finailly added 4GLTE to the phone that was the reason I was not impressed with the 4S other than the camera in 4S. But was waiting for the 4G. Im not everything apple but they do make very nice products when it comes time to replace my windows based PC I will be getting a Mac. I used to be anti-apple but I like their phones and mp3 players. And look at the prices used Macs are going for on ebay they retain their value try selling a 3 year old windows based PC on ebay youll be luck if you can give it away.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wasn't impressed by it, but then I had an iPhone 4 and wasn't completely happy, even as an Apple fan. I sold that, used an old Nokia for about 6 months and then bought an HTC Sensation XL second hand and in near-perfect condition for just over £100 (i.e. about a quarter of the price of the iPhone). Honestly, I like it better - the build and interface are really nice, and it's a great all-rounder for me. It feels glossier, sleeker and more solid than the 4 (and dwarfs it in screen size), and I haven't run into any shortages on apps.

I mean, if you're really desperate for a new phone - you could just get a brick phone, you know? Android is really nice for bumping it up a couple of levels - photos, Internet, emails, GPS - but at this stage I'm not sure what iOS has left to offer.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I just got an iphone 4 for $.99 since I was due an upgrade. The 4s is $99.00. This is through At&T. I refuse to spend money on a phone when they give them away. And since I had a dumb phone before, anything is an upgrade for me.....
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What do you mean "trust" the iPhone 5?

I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question, considering you've provided no information about whether or not you're currently an iPhone user.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Get an Iphone 4 or 4s, they will be cheap. I have the 4S for work and the 4 for personal.