Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Huge Fantasty Fan here.
    A GAME OF THRONES
    LORD OF THE RINGS
    HUNGER GAMES (YA)
    And some one currently suggested the trilogy by Patrick Rothfuss.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Greem Eggs and Ham The Sneeches!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The Old Man and The Sea. A masterpiece. Truly.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • saudade87
    Options
    i'm part of an awesom ebook club, and by far the BEST BEST book i've ever read was The Alchemist. I'm a somewhat cynical person, but it gave me hope. Absolutely life changing.
  • glonigan
    Options
    The 4 Hour Work-Week by Timothy Ferris.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For all the people who have read
    "Life of Pi" , they are making it into a film

Another cpl of favorites of mine
    Phantom of Manhatten - Phantom of Opera sequel
    Eat ,Pray , Love
    Damn i just love to read haha actully everyone should read all the Dr.Suess and Bearnstien Bears book because they are the bees knees haha
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    Currently reading the Game of Thrones series - LOVE IT!
    Lord of the Rings trilogy
    Outlander series - by Diana Gabaldon

And many, many more! :)

Oh...and definitely can't forget The Hunger Games
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    THIS!
    so good.

also Cat's Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut) and Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury) and Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil (John Berendt)
    Depends on what you like. I like sci-fi/Fantasy. (because I get enough reality in real life- I like to eescape reality when I read)

Some of my favortires are:

C.S.Lewis's Space Trilogy (Out of the silent planet, Perelandra, Thatt Hideous Strength- they are quick reads, short books)

• TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ohh yes Hunger Games were good
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Cut by Patricia McCormick :heart:
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    Kama SUTRA...just makes your relationship a tad bit better...
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    People, people, people....Did you see him say that he's not an avid reader and gets bored easily!?! There's no point suggesting some massive literary tome just so that we can impress each other with our intellect! The whole object of the thread is to give him something he will read!!!!!

:laugh:

I'm reading Rules of Prey by John Sanford. Not a massive literary tome, but an easy, maybe guy kind of, action-thriller. Great read, and I'm looking forward to reading a couple more in the series.
  • roxxyrott
    Options
    I hated The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Read 100 pages and was just bored. A book really has to grip me in the first chapter or two in order for me to stick with it.

Loved the Hitchhiker books.

My husband and I just finished the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. We both loved it!!

The Eragon series by Christopher Paolini and Wicked were a couple of my husbands favorites.
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who has mentioned "The Book Thief"... finished it a few weeks ago and it's STILL on my mind! So awesome.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Ohh yes Hunger Games were good

Definitely the Hunger Games! Easy, fun, fast read.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter!
    It's my obsession. It's been my favourite ever since I first read it over 10 years ago. Although I'm aware that the simple writing style makes it not for everybody.

Her writing style is actually very sophisticated, especially starting in book 4. It's EASY to read, but it isn't simple. It's a very complex and well-developed story.

Agreed. I didn't read the books until I was 22. Especially towards the last 2-3 there is so much going on and so many characters, I surprised myself by keeping up.

And I fell in love.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    THE TWILIGHT SAGA>..

OH ALSO 50 SHADES OF GREY>.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't know if everyone should read him but I absolutely love Lee Child's Jack Reacher series-men and women can't get enough of Jack (not Daniels but Reacher:laugh: )