Ex's - how long did it take you to get over yours?

Options
Skinny_minny_mo
Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
i was together with my ex for almost 4years - LONG DISTANCE!

We never thought that it wouldnt work, he even proposed, but alas, we somehow couldnt get the logistics and other crap sorted out.

i finally ended it with him in March this year but we still keep in touch. He knows and understands me like no one else and I have yet to meet anyone that comes close to him in character.

Today is his birthday and i changed my profile pic on fb to this pic of us together. sigh.

Guess i need get on top of someone else to get over him ;) (or so the saying goes!)

how long did it take you to get over your ex?

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Still day by day for me.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Negative seconds, not long at all. SEEEE YA!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    not sure how long as there's no real measurement for such a thing, but for me at least in order to do so is to remove as much as possible. Some never get over their ex's...some can do it fairly fast like me. Last ex I was pretty much over within a week completely
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hm...well I didn't. I remarried him. LOL
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Options
    guess it depends of the situation. if the person was a *kitten*-it might be easier!

@i'm kinda...i think we are on the same road :)
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    about a week
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Options
    not sure how long as there's no real measurement for such a thing, but for me at least in order to do so is to remove as much as possible. Some never get over their ex's...some can do it fairly fast like me. Last ex I was pretty much over within a week completely

a week?!!!!! :noway:

and this was a solid, long term relationship????
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Options
    hm...well I didn't. I remarried him. LOL

i love happy endings!! :drinker:
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Well, when I've dome the breaking up, then I'm usually over it by the time I get the balls to break if off (which doesn't mean I'm not sad about it but I'm ready to move on once its done), when being broken up with,..well it can take more time.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    sometimes.....it wont end :brokenheart:
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It took a long time... a few years. But in hindsight, the other girl who came in the picture helped me dodge a bullet.
  • campbum
    Options
    depends on the situation ... with one ex im really still not over it but the fact that hes passed and i cant even talk to him makes it that way. my LONGEST relationship i found a new bf in a week but that was a rebound until i found the man that became my husband ..... and the rebound lasted about 3 months untill he introduced me to my husband!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

a week?!!!!! :noway:

and this was a solid, long term relationship????

Yeah it was a 10 yr relationship, i've had several long term relationships meaning anything over a year is fairly serious. I have never broken up with anybody and never cheated and normally got blindsided with the "we gotta talk" thing. As many others I have been heartbroken and I cannot stand that feeling, so I have enough mental toughness to just get it out of my mind quickly. For the next relationship I carry no baggage in as its fresh and new...if it happens again..same mindset. I know I have a lot of good to offer and am pretty confident. I don't let others get me down but at the same time once they're done, they're done..no close friendship with an ex for me. I may talk every so often bumping into her in the grocery store or something but too much history there. So basically I know exactly how to move on and do it fast because its not a good feeling to be not wanted
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    About 15 minutes . . .
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    About two weeks, which for a four month relationship, I was surprised.

It ended on him asking me to 'get pregnant and we'll get married at the cheapest place possible- I need to catch up with everyone in Doncaster [Yorkshire]' I have to admit that we were rocky before he said that.

Since I get on with guys better it wasn't long before I was flirted with back to happiness.

I've been with my current boyfriend for nearly seven months now and I'm much happier then I was with my ex. No pressure to have a baby or get married quick. He's even relaxed around my guy mates.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    14 years of marriage and she broke it off suddenly with no warning. It's taken me about 3 years to get over it. But, I'm still kinda not in some ways. Mainly, I still don't have a reason. For me, that's hard to live with.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i was together with my ex for almost 4years - LONG DISTANCE!

We never thought that it wouldnt work, he even proposed, but alas, we somehow couldnt get the logistics and other crap sorted out.

i finally ended it with him in March this year but we still keep in touch. He knows and understands me like no one else and I have yet to meet anyone that comes close to him in character.

Today is his birthday and i changed my profile pic on fb to this pic of us together. sigh.

Guess i need get on top of someone else to get over him ;) (or so the saying goes!)

how long did it take you to get over your ex?

I've been in a few relationships, and it has varied considerably, from basically negative time, to much longer. The situation I think is maybe closest to yours was this. When I was in undergrad I dated a really wonderful young man, who was very good to me. We broke up because I moved across the country for grad school and did not intend to return to where I was from after. He on the other hand, considered this place his home, and did not want to leave. We were both young, so we decided to go our separate ways on good terms. We maintained contact for quite a while, and are still in very loose contact. We've both "moved on" by now, married other people, etc., but I admit, I still miss him sometimes, and I think part of me will always love him. I don't look at this as a bad thing though, I feel lucky to have had such a wonderful man in my life, even if in the end, it didn't "work out." All relationships end, that's just the nature of human life.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Long before it was officially over
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 1 minute to 3 years. depending on the ex.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    On or before the break up!

PS.....If you can't get over him you may want to revisit the relationship & consider relocation. Good love is hard to find.

I sacrificed a job & relocated for love 3 years ago. I still haven't been able to find work. :frown: But we do not regret our decision for one minute, for us there was no other choice, we could not spend one more day without each other. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: