Do you have THOSE friends...

Options
1235»

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when i work 12hr shifts I don't respond or comment to anyone. However on off days I sit with my morning coffee and do the good jobs and way to go's on almost every wall post. I've found that only 10 or so people consistently respond and have another 2 or 3 I message regularly. That's fine with me, anymore and it would be hard to keep up.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have those in real life. Lol

for a minute that's who i thought the OP was talking about! HA!! i have those friends.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Maybe they think you're needy and whiny.

They KNOW it now! :cry: :sad: :cry:

Uh, no...that im not. I have never complained about comments or lack there of. I very rarley even post statuses that are not my exercise or diary.

Ive been cleaning all day and just got back on here, suprised at the response! Ive never made a post before...my first one! And thanks for the abundance of friend requests from people needing/wanting support! I have accepted everyone and will probably be deleting the inactive unsupportive ones!

And to clear up one thing that a few people mentioned, I know people are busy and have lives, if you would read my post properly I said I dont expect comments all the time but at least one a week or something! Yes I come here for support...if I didnt want support I can just log my cals on my own without being on a diet site. I dont need this site to log cals, i got on it for support and encouragment because i havent been able to loose my baby weight since giving birth and I thought friends might keep me motivated!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Wildly inappropriate pics is all I ask for. Everyone else got deleted.

Me too. That's why she's on my FL. :wink:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Maybe they think you're needy and whiny.

They KNOW it now! :cry: :sad: :cry:

Uh, no...that im not. I have never complained about comments or lack there of. I very rarley even post statuses that are not my exercise or diary.

Ive been cleaning all day and just got back on here, suprised at the response! Ive never made a post before...my first one! And thanks for the abundance of friend requests from people needing/wanting support! I have accepted everyone and will probably be deleting the inactive unsupportive ones!

And to clear up one thing that a few people mentioned, I know people are busy and have lives, if you would read my post properly I said I dont expect comments all the time but at least one a week or something! Yes I come here for support...if I didnt want support I can just log my cals on my own without being on a diet site. I dont need this site to log cals, i got on it for support and encouragment because i havent been able to loose my baby weight since giving birth and I thought friends might keep me motivated!

There might be a group here for women specifically trying to lose baby weight??! Might be worth looking into!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I very rarley even post statuses that are not my exercise or diary.

Maybe it's this.
    I usually interact with people who do more than just post about exercise or diet. What if you just tried posting some fun stuff too? Sometimes ppl on here need to 'get to know you' a bit more.
  • nikinonsense
    Options
    I only get mad if they aren't supportive in real life. I think sometimes people just miss stuff on MFP.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    This is why I'm kind of indifferent to the "friends" feature on this site. This isn't Facebook. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to lose weight. I track my food, get advice and encouragement when needed from the message boards, and go on my merry way. I don't really need someone checking my food diary or patting me on the back because I made it to the gym.

Encouragement from others is great, but I've learned I'm much more happier with myself and my progress when I motivate MYSELF. Because my opinion of who I am and what I'm doing is really all that matters.

^^^ THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!! *where is that doggone LOVE button at?*
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Delete them. Honestly if they don't post any comments to you, they probably won't even notice you deleted them.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Some of these replies are kinda harsh and that's ok but something some of you need to realize, when people are mothers, students, workaholics, or just plain introverts because of a weight issue it is hard to have friends. I manage a business with two other employees, I do not go to school, and most of my clients are older ladies whom I wouldn't get a great relationship from. When it comes to really close friend I have one female and a few guys. I was NEVER compatible having girl friends, they drove me insane with their whiny high school bullsh*t. Now that I am 23 years old I realize holy cow, I have no friends. I have no one to brag to about how I am doing and although I am not doing this for anyone else it feels good to scream it to the world. I have met so many wonderful people on this site that give me encouragement, even in the hard times. Anyone who has had any weight loss, especially as big as mine, would know that this isn't an easy journey and without a wall of support behind you it is tempting to give up.

It especially bothers me when someone who was quite small to begin with, and only has to lost 10-15 pounds to be in "perfect bikini condition" can have an opinion about a woman who needs to lose more than that and needs the support. You don't know what it is like to be on a huge journey like this and what it feels like to need that support.

Boom, this is my word.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    All I heard in this post was "What about me???"
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    All I heard in this post was "What about me???"

Whiny and needy. Check!