June Starters - January 3rd

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies:smile: But you guys have been here for the journey...you know those 34lbs didn't come off overnight:laugh:

Yeah, we know ;) It is really encouraging to see your progress, though!! I am SO PROUD for you!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Let me just encourage you ladies to send busymom74 your before pics.... This will be a really encouraging "exercise" :laugh: Just sending in my before pic made me want to really kick my butt in gear!! I want my next pic that I post to be AWESOME!!! It will also be encouraging for us to "see" the progress of the other June Starters... A picture is worth a thousand words, right?!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Let me just encourage you ladies to send busymom74 your before pics.... This will be a really encouraging "exercise" :laugh: Just sending in my before pic made me want to really kick my butt in gear!! I want my next pic that I post to be AWESOME!!! It will also be encouraging for us to "see" the progress of the other June Starters... A picture is worth a thousand words, right?!!

YES YES...the other group I'm in started a new year challenge and we all took pics in our shorts & sports bra....if that didn't kick my butt into gear NOTHING would. You don't have to share the half naked pics but share something..then your after shots will be that much more amazing. Plus you'll want to get those after shots up as fast as you can :laugh:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I don't even have the courage to post my now pictures after putting mamakats up there. I'll be taking a new picture when I get home from the gym today. :laugh:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Whatever! :laugh: Trust me it's a flattering pic & shirt! I still have 10 to 15 more to go!!!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    If that shirt can make me look like that PLEASE tell me where you bought it. lol :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    JcPenny:wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Come on, ladies!!!! Mamakat and I are already up......who's next? :drinker:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I'll send mine this evening. Mamakat I'm so motivated to lose my last 16 after seeing those pictures. Thank you!!! :heart:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    :heart: You ladies are doing wonders for my confidence today....:embarassed: THANK YOU:flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Options
    O.k. So my goals were set to lose 1 lb a week and I was only losing .5 a week. So I re-set them to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Hopefully I'll lose 1 lb now. lol We'll see...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    O.k. So my goals were set to lose 1 lb a week and I was only losing .5 a week. So I re-set them to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Hopefully I'll lose 1 lb now. lol We'll see...

You can do it!! :) Even if you don't reach the whole 1 lbs, you'll do better by trying to hit that one pound... Sometimes we are scared to reach out there and set a 'hard' goal because we fear we won't accomplish it... BUT a lot of time, by setting and "impossible" goal, we accomplish more!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Thanks Kandyjo, i think I have my will power back. lol I've avoided the candy bowl all day. It was pretty easy once I set my mind to it.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I'll try to send some pictures this week. Well, I'll have to take a current picture and then send them :tongue:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I just found a good before picture and wow I didn't realize how much different I look now. I felt like I haven't really changed that much but looking at that pic made me realize how far I've already come.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Good Shannah! That's what it's about!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I just found a good before picture and wow I didn't realize how much different I look now. I felt like I haven't really changed that much but looking at that pic made me realize how far I've already come.

How encouraging!!! Can't wait to see it!!! When we are feeling those "LOW" times along our journey, it will be nice to go to the JS website and get some encouragement! :)
  • kandyjo
    Options
    BTW:

I started the 30 Day Shred again...

Just finished Week 1 Day 2... I am surprised at how difficult it is....makes me upset that I ever slacked up on it... I was going strong and now I'm panting for air :laugh:
    But I already feel stronger just by starting back on it... I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cardio that I'm doing at the gym, but I really LOVE Jillians 3,2,1 method of strength cardio and abs....
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I just sent my pics in! Woohoo!! It will definitely be a great reminder to look back on our awesome progress through those pics. I'm excited to see everyone's "after!" I'm weighing in tm...until then I am resting on the couch because my quads hurt from elliptical/running today :noway: It sucks that going without exercise for just a few weeks can set you back so far.

On a positive note, I did get my hrm put to good use. Surprisingly, it said I burned way more cals than the machines said, which I find hard to believe On one it said I burned 400 on my hrm and 300 on the machine. It also said my max heart rate was 204 (which is kinda scary) and my regular walking heart rate is around 110 (also scary to me). I hope I don't have some crazy heart condition! Med school has turned me into a hypochondriac :blushing:

And Kandy, I look forward to Jillian kicking my @ss tomorrow at 3pm :D
  • busymom74
    Options
    All the pictures I've gotten are up! YAY! Now I have to hit the gym and then take a "during" shot of my own. :happy: