June Starters - January 3rd

Options

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Wow KJ! There is a much bigger difference than I expected at 15 lbs lost. (I mean that in the nicest way possible) How many inches have you lost? I'm gonna go ahead and guess a lot. lol
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Wow KJ! There is a much bigger difference than I expected at 15 lbs lost. (I mean that in the nicest way possible) How many inches have you lost? I'm gonna go ahead and guess a lot. lol

Really?! I don't see much of a difference at all!! I have not been measuring... I know I should! But I just haven't been doing it....
    Thanks for the compliment :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Really?! I don't see much of a difference at all!! I have not been measuring... I know I should! But I just haven't been doing it....

OMG! YES big difference! I can see it! Your doing great!
  • kandyjo
    Options

OMG! YES big difference! I can see it! Your doing great!

:laugh: :laugh: ARE WE LOOKING AT THE SAME PICTURES?!!!

Thanks, ladies... In the next month or so, hopefully I will see it too :wink:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Uhh yeah your butt is way smaller and your stomach too!! That's where I see it the most. It is hard to see it in yourself bc you see yourself everyday. It takes a drastic change for you to notice. For me it took basically 40 lbs! Keep it up everyone!! And I do wish some of our old members would come back, but I'm ok with just us for now :)
  • busymom74
    Options
    KJ! You're kidding right? How can you not see it? I mean I know we're our own worst critics but it's right there! lol!

I wish we could get some of our old members back too. :ohwell: You're all such a great support system for me! I KNOW I wouldn't have stuck with it this long if I never found the JS.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    KJ! You're kidding right? How can you not see it? I mean I know we're our own worst critics but it's right there! lol!

I wish we could get some of our old members back too. :ohwell: You're all such a great support system for me! I KNOW I wouldn't have stuck with it this long if I never found the JS.

Me too.....although I have been up and down and plateued like a thousand times, this is the longest I have ever stuck with something like this! I LOVE June Starters!!! And I can't wait to share my success with you guys...I LOVE sharing your successes with you!!! We are a happy little family :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Uhh yeah your butt is way smaller and your stomach too!! That's where I see it the most. It is hard to see it in yourself bc you see yourself everyday. It takes a drastic change for you to notice. For me it took basically 40 lbs! Keep it up everyone!! And I do wish some of our old members would come back, but I'm ok with just us for now :)

Yeah, I was thinking that MAYBE my hips didn't look as wide.... I guess I'm just looking too critical at myself... I can't wait until I try on those exact same clothes a few months down the road and they fall off of me LOL....Those jeans I have on are a size 18 and the shirt is an XL...
    I think it would be fun to post during pics again in March. What do you guys think? Is that too soon?
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I counted 10 that have weighed in so far this week. Is that right? I know we started out with a big group... I have sent some messages to some of the ones who haven't logged on in a log while but never heard back from them... So, I'm thinking that they may not even log into MFP anymore...
  • busymom74
    Options
    I have 11 on the ss. Where is Datenshi?
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Yeah, that girl was on a role!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Didn't we start with like 30???
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Didn't we start with like 30???

Yeah, we had a HUGE group!!
    Datenshi was doing amazing! She was a huge encouragement to me.... I hope she comes back.... I think her and Magglett are friends (in "real" life)
  • busymom74
    Options
    On the first ss we had 29 people. :frown:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    On the first ss we had 29 people. :frown:

Wow, big change!! I just posted a comment to Datenshi's profile... I hope she is back soon. It says she hasn't logged in in two weeks :cry: I will miss her terribly if she doesn't come back...
  • busymom74
    Options
    I posted this on anoth thread so bare with me if you've already read it but I thought I'd post here too since it's very motivating.

So, I have been walking around with 5 lb ankle weights all day and this is HARD! My legs hurt and I was about to take them off. I realized that I used to weigh 30 lbs MORE that's 2 additional 5 lb weights on each ankle! OUCH! lol How in the hell was I not in more pain, more often?? So next time you don't think you've lost much weight grab some ankle weights!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I posted this on anoth thread so bare with me if you've already read it but I thought I'd post here too since it's very motivating.

So, I have been walking around with 5 lb ankle weights all day and this is HARD! My legs hurt and I was about to take them off. I realized that I used to weigh 30 lbs MORE that's 2 additional 5 lb weights on each ankle! OUCH! lol How in the hell was I not in more pain, more often?? So next time you don't think you've lost much weight grab some ankle weights!

WOW!! Now that's perspective!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    KJ, when I took them off I felt like my feet were defying gravity lol I've never used 5 lb ones before. I can't even imagine how many extra cals I burned wearing them all day. I think I'll wear them more often. If I can strengthen my legs a bit more. lol :glasses:
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I can totally see the difference too KandyJo!! Just think how awesome you'll look for our one year anniversary!

It really is too bad that we lost a few people along the way, hopefully we'll see at least a few of them again!

And busymom, I know exactly what you mean about perspective. I had the exact same epiphany when I was traveling over Christmas. I had a monster piece of luggage that weighed in at 30-some pounds and I couldn't believe that I was carrying around that much weight EVERY DAY! Yikes!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I have GREAT NEWS!!! I weighed in this morning and I was back down to 211 lbs... So, I guess that extra 4lbs was water weight... THAT IS INSANE!!!! 4lbs of water weight??!!!! But, anyway, it is gone as of this morning... I feel SO much better about that!!! I was a little discouraged that I finally got started back on my routine and I gained 4 lbs :laugh: That just shows you that eating the wrong stuff can really flucuated your scale... Too much sodium = BAD :laugh: