June Starters - January 3rd

Options

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello Friends ... Happy Thursday to you all. Well, it's quite apparent that I fell off the wagon there for a good month or more ... I have all the typical excuses ... short staffed at work, family stresses, illness, and so on and so on ... but it's a brand new game now. This is my first official weigh in for this year and I'm starting out at 184 lbs. Here we go now ... let's see where this venture takes us all in 2010. Okay ... I'm going to read through this thread and see what's been going on and I'll get back to you all soon. I'll also see if I can find some before and after shots to add. I've missed you ... have a great day!!
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Hello Friends ... Happy Thursday to you all. Well, it's quite apparent that I fell off the wagon there for a good month or more ... I have all the typical excuses ... short staffed at work, family stresses, illness, and so on and so on ... but it's a brand new game now. This is my first official weigh in for this year and I'm starting out at 184 lbs. Here we go now ... let's see where this venture takes us all in 2010. Okay ... I'm going to read through this thread and see what's been going on and I'll get back to you all soon. I'll also see if I can find some before and after shots to add. I've missed you ... have a great day!!

Happy to have you back Magg!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Welcome back Magglett!! We've missed you too! Happy New Year! :smile:

Edit: my spelling isn't the best early in the morning :embarassed:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I have very few before shots. I used the excuse of not liking the pictures because of course "I like to TAKE pictures" Right...

And most of the pictures I'm actually smiling in are me at my current weight due to my fluctuating diet success!! But then again I haven't taken a picture in a while. I post a during picture of me after losing 30 pounds up at Sea World (in bulky clothes no less). And then at fifty pounds I'll take a few and see if I can see a difference. It takes a lot more on me to see a difference then you guys! When you've got an entire person to lose you have to learn to be patient. :)
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Busymom!! You can totally see the difference!!! Congratulations!!!!
    and, BTW, you look SO much like my cousin! ;)

Hey, I might be, Let's see, I'm 22, I'm funny as all hell, My first name starts with an "S" and has "tefani" at the end and my last name starts with an "S" and has "ski" at the end. Sound familiar?:wink::laugh: :wink:

Yellowhouse, Good job!!

LOL...nope! My cousin's name is Jackie :laugh:

Dang! lol
  • busymom74
    Options
    The Ws is updated again and WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW We are looking GOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Good to have you back Maggs!! You can do it! We're here to help!

amanda, Take a now picture! I didn't think I could tell the difference and I could!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    We all look so great!!!! :drinker: It is nice to really see our progress...yay for the June Starters! Our faces look slim :)

I just finished 30 Day Shred W1D1 and it was HARD. My arms are all shaky. The leg stuff wasn't too bad, but man, my arms are like jelly. I dunno if I will be able to do it tm! I have 5 lb. weights and I think they might be too heavy (or I might just be a big wuss). Kandy, are you doing it everyday, or are you splitting it up? I want to go to the gym tomorrow and hit the elliptical. I could prob do the dvd later at night...

I was pleasantly surprised at my weigh-in today, actually kind of baffled. I weighed when I got to my apt on Monday and I was up, and now I am down to what I was pre-Christmas. Yippee! :glasses:

last weigh-in 2 weeks ago I think: 151.5
    CW: 150.5

Way to go on your weigh-in!!!

I have been doing it everyday (4 days) but today I'm going to the gym for 2 hours... (my friend talked me into going to another class before my jazzercise class)
    I switched back and forth between 2lb weights and 5lb weights... the more I used the 5lb's the more jello-y my arms felt :) I wanted to add a little somthing, that's way I was using the 5lbs... I think that they are probably using 3lb weights on the video..
    Hang in there!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Its a whole new year for us Maggs!!! I did bad over the month of December apparently :smile: but I'm back in the ballgame!
    You know you can do it!!! You get on a roll and really start losing... You were totally rockin' during the summer... you can do that again!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I have very few before shots. I used the excuse of not liking the pictures because of course "I like to TAKE pictures" Right...

And most of the pictures I'm actually smiling in are me at my current weight due to my fluctuating diet success!! But then again I haven't taken a picture in a while. I post a during picture of me after losing 30 pounds up at Sea World (in bulky clothes no less). And then at fifty pounds I'll take a few and see if I can see a difference. It takes a lot more on me to see a difference then you guys! When you've got an entire person to lose you have to learn to be patient. :)

I KNOW what you are saying!! I HATE, HATE, HATE pictures of me... Its only becuase it puts my weight right smack dab in my face! BUT, this will be good for us... post your sea world pic and like busymom said, do a now pic... I'm only down 15lbs, but I'm going to do a now pic also... I'm sure it won't be that much of a difference, but just doing it will be good for me.. and even more of an encouragment to get my butt in gear to get a better pic up in a month or two. We can do this Amanda!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just checked out the website b/a pics... LOOKING AWESOME!!!! :drinker:
    I'm about to do a during pic.... only 15lb differnece, but might as well :laugh: In the next month or two when I have another 20 lbs off, I'm sure there will be an even bigger difference and something to really get excited about :wink:
    I'm about to go take some...have to set up my tripod and junk, so it will be a few...:happy:
  • busymom74
    Options
    YAY! So, I'm wearing 5 lb ankle weights today to add a few more cals burned and holy crow! I can hardly walk in them. LOL I can feel my legs getting stronger already!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    YAY! So, I'm wearing 5 lb ankle weights today to add a few more cals burned and holy crow! I can hardly walk in them. LOL I can feel my legs getting stronger already!

That's a good idea! Great way to burn a little extra calories and strengthen those leg muscles :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Maggs!!! New year, fresh start:flowerforyou: 2010 will be a great year for us June Starters!

Amanda - Even if you see no difference now just think of the difference you'll see in 3 months! Plus I think ou might surprise yourself.

Going to check out the web - thank you so much for keeping it going!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Welcome back Maggs!!! New year, fresh start:flowerforyou: 2010 will be a great year for us June Starters!

Amanda - Even if you see no difference now just think of the difference you'll see in 3 months! Plus I think ou might surprise yourself.

Going to check out the web - thank you so much for keeping it going!!!:flowerforyou:

We should plan something AWESOME for our anniversary...in JUNE... our year anniversary :laugh: I don't know what it would be...but, sounds fun :happy:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

We should plan something AWESOME for our anniversary...in JUNE... our year anniversary :laugh: I don't know what it would be...but, sounds fun :happy:

That would be great! I have no idea either but we have time to come up with something! Can you believe we are over half a year into this??? Makes me sad how little our spreadsheet is though....
  • kandyjo
    Options

That would be great! I have no idea either but we have time to come up with something! Can you believe we are over half a year into this??? Makes me sad how little our spreadsheet is though....

Makes ME sad that I only have a 15lb loss to show for it!!
    Not this year, though. Seriously!! I have never been more serious about losing this weight. I'm going to do it!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    busymom, I just emailed you some during pics.... Let me know if you don't get them.... I emailed them from photobucket and I've never done that before....:huh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    I got them, give me 10 min. I'll be right back lol
  • kandyjo
    Options
    You know...I was just thinking after mamakat mentioned how small our spreadsheet is now... We started out with a HUGE group... I wonder where everyone went... I know that a lot of people drop off...but, it is kinda sad... I wonder if they still keep up here on MFP and just don't log in with us anymore or if they are totally off MFP.... I wish them all well...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    wow, busymom...you're quick! YOu already got my pics up :laugh: I went and dug out the same shirt...It kind of helps to see yourself in the same clothes.... It's in the teens here so its c-c-cold!!! So, no capris...I had to keep my jeans on :laugh: