What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• twillis3071
    Options
    While I was jogging along a public street, a guy passing in a vehicle slowed down and pointed at me. Then he gave me a thumbs up and some words of encouragement. It was the kind of thing you would say to someone you couldn't believe had managed to run in the first place.

I know I look terrible running. I think he was pointing at my legs. He may have thought I was a double amputee!
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "You must be the smart one." This was said to me throughout my childhood and always after the person had spent several minutes fussing over my brother's beauty and athleticism. I would smile quietly and wander off looking for cake.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    My work pretty much knows i am trying to loose weigh or as i like to say it "get healthy". Well one day (after loosing 30 pounds) I said "out loud" Oh boy i just dont feel like going to the gym today, blah! One of my co-workers response was " awe well once you start seeing results im sure you will be more motivated. I choked on my coffee and said yes, i am sure you are right. :mad:
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was standing outside enjoying the sunshine on a work break. A man approched me & said " I know society doesn't think you are beautiful but I do". Great, Thanks.
  • OliLloyd
    OliLloyd Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    'You could maybe think about losing some weight? I mean, if you want to? I think you look great anyway.. but you could, you know, think about it?'
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    One that came to mind, my mom has always been putting me down since i was a kid, (7 years old)

"look! You have to go into womens instead of kids now." (age 10)
    "Ya know, just because your fat doesn't mean you're a bad person. (age 13)
    "If you ever want to get a boyfriend, you need to lose some weight and try to hide those scars." (16)

At 19 when I finally lost weight, she gained a lot. Never seen her that big. PAYBACK!!!

I didn't say anything, but my stepdad (who has always been big) got in his revenge.
    Mom: "I only have two pairs of pants!"
    Stepdad: "What? To make one?"

I had to laugh. A life time of her constant put downs, karma is good.

You sounds like you're okay with it now, Ali - but my heart hurts for you that your mom said those things to you.... ((hugs))
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Is it supposed to look like that?
  • miss_grad
    Options

Either I have a dirty mind, or this is exactly what I think it's about.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been getting this one a lot

"You look great for your age"

:grumble:

Certainly, most of us could do without it, but I'm not sure it's exactly an insult. A 40 or 50 year old man or woman does not look as good as a 20 or 30 year old person.

Sucks getting old!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Yes bent for her pleasure:noway: Don't judge me!!:angry:
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    "You look fabulous ... FOR YOUR AGE" ...

Phucker, I look fabulous for ANY age! LOL :wink:
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I've seen bigger wings on a mosquito....
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    for a while, when i wa on here last and lost 40 lbs, i was feeling good about myself, and my mother in law (the jeans one) said, "wwhne you stop thinking about the weight it will come off." neever said anything about the 40 i had lost,

It seems your mother-in-law is a very negative force in your life. I might confront her or hubby on this.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    "Oh, Beth... with a face like yours, it doesn't matter what your hair looks like!" LMAO - was said with all the love in her dear heart and she had NO idea how it came across...
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Well at least you have a pretty face"
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    You don't look as old as you really are
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    Once when I was about 16 me and my (also overweight) friend were walking through town. There were four or five guys standing outside Mcdonalds and as we walked past them one of them shouted "More cushion for the pushin!" and another one said "out the way guys, they're coming through!" We weren't even going to Mcdonalds -_-

More recently my boyfriend was taking a photo of me and said "don't TRY to smile, you look horrible" ..I cried.
  • ohkatherinewheel
    ohkatherinewheel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "You weren't that big before." or my favorite, "You're so skinny now! Stop exercising and eat a cheeseburger."

-_-

I was too fat before, now I'm too skinny. People will never be pleased.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    You'll grow into your ears someday....

I had large ears as a child

I still do :sad:
  • sexyrosey
    Options
    "you're beautiful, for a big girl" ...a variation of "such a pretty face"...but that was only said to me once.

That has been said to me all the time. I also hate when people call me ma'am. I hate that so much :explode: