What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For me it's always "you carry your weight well." But say it back and you're pretty much the rudest person in the world.

I have had this one a bunch.. and your well proportioned ..

I get this all the time. Along with "you don't look like you weigh ____" and "you don't need to lose weight, you're not even big." My doctor and body would disagree with fervor.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My mom at my darkest hour before schooling to get my foot in the door -

"The reason no one's hired you is because you're overweight and not 'nice' to look at" - She didn't mean it to hurt me but it did .. She was just opening my eyes to how judgemental some people could be about my weight. I understand - too bad it had to come from my mother.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The other day, one of my co-workers noticed that my pants were very baggy (and they were some of my skinny(er) pants!). She came up to me, slapped my hips and told me that I need to stop loosing from my *kitten* and hips. "you should focus more on your stomach, do some crunches or something". I was shocked! While I explained to her that I do not have a choice WHERE the fat is coming off, I lifted my shirt to show her my stomach, which is now getting definition and you can see my ab muscles. "And I do core work all the time... does your stomach look like this?"

She got mad and walked away.. then later admits she should start going to the gym again.
    I think I would have kicked her in the neck!!! OMG!!!! RUDENESS!! This actually made my mouth drop and I gasped when I read this!! I cant believe there are 18 pages of these!! Some of them are horrific!!!

BTW-I always got "you have such a pretty face..." when I was a child. Then I developed into a Broad In Total Control of Herself and finally asked '...whats wrong with the rest of me??" Needless to say the conversation ends there =)
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school, one of the "pretty" girls came up to me and said, "Your so lucky!!!!!!". I looked at her and asked why. She said, "Cause you have the biggest boobs in the class". I was mortified. I legitimately thought about killing myself that night.

Ohhh that was mean. I am so glad I grew up in the UK and Africa - US school children are MEAN
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    For all the people who hear "You're so much prettier without glasses!"

I had glasses before I got contacts and I learned that a great response was, "Hey, without my glasses you look better, too!"

That pretty much shut them up.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    "You weren't big before."

or my personal fav

"You would be so beautiful if you lost a little weight."
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Some men are boob people, but other men are *kitten* people.

:drinker:
  • heathersteffensen
    Options
    "You have such a beautiful face", said the nutritionist I went to once. Yea not very motivating.
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You would look so much better if you sucked your stomach in lol. Gotta love family.
  • spangey13
    Options
    Just yesterday at work "Dude, you have massive calves".
    (1) I'm not a dude; and
    (2) WTH?

My response was "eff off, what a mean thing to say".

"No no, it's a compliment, you have runner's legs"

mmmmmmmok.
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Idk if this will count, but my bff was talking about her weight and said something like "I would never be a giant cow weighing over 300 pounds" or something like that.. I said, "I' weigh over 300 pounds.. she's like NOOOO there's noo way ur THAT big... so do I count that as a compliment or an insult? (poor thing) lol

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, my mom would pester me that I should pluck my eyebrows ("you'd be so pretty if you plucked your eyebrows"). One day, I responded that my friend (who was a beautiful blonde cheerleader with Brooke Shields thick eyebrows) didn't pluck her eyebrows. Mom replied, "But she's naturally pretty."

owwww!
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "you're a beautiful girl, even with that big bum and hips... u know after all you're Italian..."

Ugh!! How rude! And what does italian have to do with it. I'm italian and the ladies in my family were/are very athletic and fit.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The other day, one of my co-workers noticed that my pants were very baggy (and they were some of my skinny(er) pants!). She came up to me, slapped my hips and told me that I need to stop loosing from my *kitten* and hips. "you should focus more on your stomach, do some crunches or something". I was shocked! While I explained to her that I do not have a choice WHERE the fat is coming off, I lifted my shirt to show her my stomach, which is now getting definition and you can see my ab muscles. "And I do core work all the time... does your stomach look like this?"

She got mad and walked away.. then later admits she should start going to the gym again.
    I think I would have kicked her in the neck!!! OMG!!!! RUDENESS!! This actually made my mouth drop and I gasped when I read this!! I cant believe there are 18 pages of these!! Some of them are horrific!!!

BTW-I always got "you have such a pretty face..." when I was a child. Then I developed into a Broad In Total Control of Herself and finally asked '...whats wrong with the rest of me??" Needless to say the conversation ends there =)

Yeah, I really wanted to throat punch her so badly... but had to refrain... on the up side, today she told me I looked fantastic and my my tummy has disappeared....
  • Chrysopteron
    Chrysopteron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My Mom, sometime around my 18th birthday:

"You know, out of my three kids you were cutest." Pause. Then: "And you're the one who's changed the most..."

???

Bless her, she really didn't mean it in a nasty way - but I was rather shocked at first. Now I tease her about it though - she can't remember the situation and keeps telling me I'm oversensitive, LOL. When I'm in a very chipper mood I tell her, that's because sensitivity to feelings obviously skipped a generation in our family... : )
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    "Your hair is so long, and pretty, now!" :frown: Like there was something WRONG with it when it was short? My butt. Kiss it.

*typos
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    "You're one of two people I'd bang."

Just sayin.
  • Diondrea04
    Diondrea04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You have a cute face...though - Yea...and the rest of me
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought you were a lot lighter then that.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "No, it's okay, you can wear white pants now!"