What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I always got the "At least your face is pretty!" Um, thanks?
  • carabela
    Options
    well..I let someone know that I bought a skirt the next size up b/c I like to have it tailored to my shape instead
    of wearing the smaller, tighter size. & he says "ohh now you're shopping at the Big Girls Store""
    btw I was supposed to go to a function w /him but he changed his mind when he found out.. Idiot!
  • Sanduh36
    Sanduh36 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Last winter I was walking across the parking lot at work after a shift and it was icy. One of our pressmen who was walking toward the building said to me... "you be careful on that ice... take care of that baby!" I haven't been pregnant in 5 years... LMAO!!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    "Patient has large, heavy, pendulous breasts, difficult to examine..." :noway: Pendulous. Okay. All I could picture was a cow with a full udder swinging LOL

(My old GP would speak into a tape recorder in the exam room while he checked me out. This was during a gyno exam.)
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's not because you got fat that I didn't recognize you. It's just that you were so skinny before.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Wow--beautiful hair--:flowerforyou: ----but is ALL THAT--YOUR hair ----or is it a weave?:noway:
  • Teraseta
    Options
    "You look good today"
    Really? What about the other days?
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been getting this one a lot

"You look great for your age"

:grumble:

Ouch!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My mom keeps hitting me with "I guess you do look like your dad" and then adds that I no longer have as many curves and I should wear more dresses so they know I"m a girl.
    :ohwell:
  • Kippie1985
    Kippie1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    -client reaches out to shake my hand- "It's so nice to see young women taking business co-ops!"
    Me: Thank you, but I have completed high school, and this is my job
    Them: Oh! You MUST be on a work semester from University?
    Me: Graduated from there too.
    Them: how old ARE you?
    Me: 27
    Them: You'll be thankful when you're grown up!

.................because 27 isn't grown up............................ hahaha
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    Options
    Whenever I tell people how much I weigh (which isn't much) it is typically followed by "Wow I would never have guess you weighed that much!"

omg all the time
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oopsie here.
    I'm a wedding photographer and I like to know how my people are related. Usually I just ask what the relation to the bride is. Not this time. The sister came in and I said, "And you must be the mother!" "..........I'm the sister."
    Smoking ages you badly, people!!
    Amen -- I have identical twins in my family, in their 50s. One lived fairly decently, the other did way too much drugs & smoking. They look related, but NO ONE has any difficulty whatsoever in telling them apart these days.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    "Patient has large, heavy, pendulous breasts, difficult to examine..." :noway: Pendulous. Okay. All I could picture was a cow with a full udder swinging LOL

(My old GP would speak into a tape recorder in the exam room while he checked me out. This was during a gyno exam.)
    lol! wth?!
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Once at work I was up on a ladder and a little kid about 4 came in and pointed up at me and said "Mom why is that lady so fat?" It was pretty funny the mom almost dropped dead lol
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    "You don't look as big as you are, though."

and I just gave a look like. "thank...you...?"

yep, this is the one I hear most often. apparently I also look decent for being old (ripe old age of 35).

Oh, and also my soon-to-be MIL made a comment that she wishes she could be as honest as me sometimes but she doesn't like being rude...okay, just keep on talking about everyone behind their back and being passive aggressive instead of working through problems with people. If that's rude, whatever. I'll just have to own that.
  • flannelbug
    flannelbug Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "You look great, for a lesbian."
  • mvasallo
    Options
    I'd say "You have such a pretty face you can get away with your weight." was up there.
  • mvasallo
    Options
    It's not because you got fat that I didn't recognize you. It's just that you were so skinny before.

I hope you punched them.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    "You look like Grandma" - from my son..... (He's 12)
  • brooke432
    Options
    bump