HEAVY METAL

Options

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Coal Chamber, Wumpscut, Korn, Manson, Zombie, Cancer Bats, Combichrist, Fear Factory, Godhead, NIN, Raised Fist... The list goes on.

Not really metal, I guess industrial and hard rock mostly. Zao is a cool metal band.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I enjoy every band that you listed.. wow. I loooove metal (within most sub-genres as well) but if there's pig squealing or "-core" in the title then definitely NOT!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Look at all of these Happy Metal Fans! I have Metal Sunda Mornings at my house. Nothing is better to work out to!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    meshuggah
    between the buried and me
    gojira
    lamb of god
    slayer

hardcores good too
    hatebreed
    sworn enemy
    madball
    full blown chaos

the lists go on and on
  • tritepoet
    Options
    I enjoy every band that you listed.. wow. I loooove metal (within most sub-genres as well) but if there's pig squealing or "-core" in the title then definitely NOT!

I'm pretty open minded, but this right here spells it out for me. I'm a vocalist myself, so it particularly bugs me when I hear pig vocals. The closest I get to "core" I think is Killswitch Engage and early Black Dahlia.
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love metal - old school and the new stuff - I've got a ton of Maiden, Disturbed, Metallica, Megadeath, Five Finger Death Punch... \m/ I don't know how people workout to other kinds of music. If it's "softer" than Three Days Grace how can you push it? XD

I was supposed to go to a Disturbed concert a while ago, but it was cancelled due to David Draiman's throat problems. I was sooo disappointed!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Get to see Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson in October! Can't wait!!

I am as well! I can't wait!

Always gotta have the Metallica on every playlist... no matter what it's for!! haha At my wedding, my fiance and I are having the last song played be "Nothing Else Matters".
    And Volbeat has become a new favorite after seeing them at Orion Music Fest this summer. We are doing our cake cutting to "I Only Want To Be With You". I know it's a cover, but their version is amazing!

Other favorites:
    40 Below Summer
    A7X
    Black Label Society
    Godsmack
    Sevendust
    Ill Nino
    311 - I know they aren't metal, but they are one of my all time favorite bands.
  • jynxxxed
    Options

I'm pretty open minded, but this right here spells it out for me. I'm a vocalist myself, so it particularly bugs me when I hear pig vocals. The closest I get to "core" I think is Killswitch Engage and early Black Dahlia.

I'm sure I have some random bands I enjoy that most people would consider '-core' to some extent.. but I still stray pretty far from it.

I have been to many shows in which they attempt to mix heavy metal with hardcore bands and it gets pretty ugly. People wanting to mosh vs. the fools jumping around swinging their limbs 'hardcore dancing'. Makes for good entertainment though. :)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

I love my "core" and actually consider a lot of the bands listed in this thread to simply be "hard rock." To each his own.
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    Get to see Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson in October! Can't wait!!

I am as well! I can't wait!

Always gotta have the Metallica on every playlist... no matter what it's for!! haha At my wedding, my fiance and I are having the last song played be "Nothing Else Matters".
    And Volbeat has become a new favorite after seeing them at Orion Music Fest this summer. We are doing our cake cutting to "I Only Want To Be With You". I know it's a cover, but their version is amazing!

Other favorites:
    40 Below Summer
    A7X
    Black Label Society
    Godsmack
    Sevendust
    Ill Nino
    311 - I know they aren't metal, but they are one of my all time favorite bands.

Ill Nino is /amazing/ live. Literally the best show I've ever been to.. and I've been to a lot.
  • jynxxxed
    Options

I love my "core" and actually consider a lot of the bands listed in this thread to simply be "hard rock." To each his own.

Yup.. everybody always has different ideas of what's categorized as what. Can get a little ridiculous at times with a zillions of sub-genres :P
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Yup.. everybody always has different ideas of what's categorized as what. Can get a little ridiculous at times with a zillions of sub-genres :P

Ugh, you're not kidding! You know how many times I've had to explain my music to people?! LOL
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the movie. Sadface.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Metal head over here. I listen to all types of music but the first love is always metal!
    How else am I supposed to lift heavy ****?
  • jynxxxed
    Options

Ugh, you're not kidding! You know how many times I've had to explain my music to people?! LOL

I know :laugh: and people get extremely offended if you feel that something is more 'industrial' than 'black metal', etc etc. None of the bands you listed are too off-putting in my opinion (as someone who isn't much into hardcore). I used to love Atreyu a few years back though, good stuff! :drinker:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rammstien, Cradle of Filth, Opeth
  • Injurymachine
    Options
    I like how at least two of the band names are from Tolkien.

Love me some Apocalyptica, especially 'heavy metalizing' Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King.
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Respect to all metal genres! \m/ \m/

Love the classics: Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, Forbidden, Sepultura
    and some of the newer bands: Slipknot, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I'm going to the Zombie/Manson Twins of Evil tour next month. Can't wait!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about the movie...

heavy_metal_movie.jpg