Personality or Looks

Options
In a real world the best in both would be so good, but which is the most important to you, in yourself and your partner. I like my gf's personality and looks, she wants to lose weight and I can see that and when she reaches her goal she will look even better, but it wont change how I feel for her as I cant feel much more than I already do. I think she feels likewise. What about you people out there, be honest!

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Personality comes first! :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    looks have to attract you, personality keeps you
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Personality!
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    personality for me too!
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Personality- definitely!
    I have had great prior relationships in people I wasn't originally attracted to... attraction can come with getting to know someone.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Personality, specifically a sense of humor similar to mine.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I need a combo of both. Personality is a big part of it but personailty alone is not enough to make me want someone. You need a level of physical attraction. That is the difference between friends and partners.

My boyfriend looked good to me when we met. When I got to know him he became the most beautiful person I have ever seen. At first glance people might be like what the hell is this girl looking at. But thats the point, its the combination of both that makes me so drawn to him.
  • gusnjay
    gusnjay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with Belledonna. Looks grab your eye personality grabs your heart.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looks first to get the attention, then personality. I dont care how good looking someone is, the personaility has to be there!!! BUT!!! if they are attractive in the first place, nothing else will follow.
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    [/quote

agreed!!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

This right here
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Definitely personality.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Personality.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Looks for the initial attraction and then personality for the long run
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    Personality comes first! :)
    I think I agree, her personality stuck with me the first time I spoke to her. Thats not saying she's not attractive!!!
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Definitely personality!

Sure, if you're hawt, that's great. But if you have the personality of a fruit fly, I immediately lose interest. ^_^
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked, personality didnt catch many eyes across a crowded and noisy room. Unfortunately for some of us, attraction is the first key factor ( think peacock, here ). However, like most have said, personality is what keeps you interested well beyond looks.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'd be attracted by looks first obviously but personality is definitely more important...
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    I dont agree, her personality stuck with me the first time I spoke to her. Thats not saying she's not attractive!!!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'd spend more time fashioning my character than my looks. I won't lie: I'm vain. And I plan on enjoying my youth and I work really hard to age gracefully. That said, youth fades no matter what you do! Beauty comprises looks and personality.

It may seem a little hokey but if i learned anything from watching the Golden Girls it is this:

“When you’re young & beautiful, it’s an accident of nature. But when you’re beautiful older, you’ve earned it—THAT you’ve created yourself.”

Miles to Rose (season 7 of “The Golden Girls”)