Personality or Looks

Options

Replies

• Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    A good appearance is attractive, yes. But if I don't like the personality, we can never stay friends or partners. Personality trumps.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Looks reel me in and personality keeps me!

I may be shallow, but looks/chemistry is important to me, but the personality will last much longer!!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I think compatibility is what's most important, you could be drop dead gorgeous or the sweetest girl in the world but if we don't click its not going to work
  • andie2013
    Options
    Yeah, most people ask for personality but s/he won't even give you a chance to show your personality, if you don't have good looks...sooo shallow.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you are truly attracted to somebodys personality, you will find them the most gorgeous creature ever.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Obviously personailty is essential...but you need a good mix for a strong physical and mental attraction.

Luckily beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Looks....I´ve personality for both of us.....:laugh: :drinker:
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Personality....
    With looks, you can get bored easily with time. (on a different note) Imagine if you are living at the worlds most picturesque place. You will love it initially but it would not entice you for ever.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    looks have to attract you, personality keeps you

CHA-CHING! This is the winner.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    It's great to see so many 'personality' replies because I'm one ugly mother!

I assume my wife would also say 'personality'. :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Personality first. Once you form that bond, they become more attractive to you. That being said, I wouldn't discount someone if they were good looking.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you would ever have to settle for one or the other. There are tons of people with both attributes. I chose both when I picked my husband. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsC2268
    Options
    I believe it is the combination of both. I still get chills when my hubby smiles at me. :happy:
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Personality is what keeps me, so it’s more important. You can change your looks, but being a d-bag is forever, usually. If your personality sucks, you are eye candy and nothing more.

Looks will get my attention. I’m only attracted to guys with longish hair who are at least somewhat in shape (by somewhat in shape I mean “not morbidly obese” and “not stick thin”) and are well groomed/have good hygeine. Tattoos of interesting things catches my eye too.

You have to have a similar sense of humor to me and be interested in things beyond boobs and football. Don’t get me wrong, I heart me some boobs and football as much as the next person too, but there is more to life. You MUST be kind to children and animals (especially my animals), treat women with respect, and you must absolutely NOT be a controlling, jealous psycho who is unwilling to discuss problems or compromise. You must be creative. You must have a sex drive.

How you talk and present yourself will also keep (or repel) me. Certain pitches of voice make me want to fling myself off a bridge. So, if you look like Johnny Depp and have the personality of a saint or whatever, if you have the voice of Andy ****, I won’t want to be around you. Sorry.

It helps if you dress well. Men, if I can see your undies cause your pants are hanging down to your knees (either because you’re a plumber or a wannabe gang member) I will probably just think you don’t know how to dress yourself and assume you are a moron who failed the lesson in pre-school where they taught you how clothes work.

Manners matter too. Chew with your mouth closed. Get up on the bus so elderly ladies with canes can sit down. Don’t constantly spit and belch in public. Etc.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Let's be real here... someone could have the most amazinggggg personality of anyone you've ever met, but if you're not physically attracted to them, you never will be. But in general, I would say personality over looks.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Imagine if you are living at the worlds most picturesque place. You will love it initially but it would not entice you for ever.

DISAGREE!!!
    Living in paradise for 17yrs....not sick of it yet!!! :D
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Personality... Looks do you no good if you ar e complete douche bag :drinker: :tongue:
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    If we're talking about a wham bam thank ya ma'am...one night stand...*kitten* buddy...looks are important. For wife material, someone I have to live the rest of my life with? Personality is a MUST. Beauty will only get ya but so far with me. Luckily I found a woman with both.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    lol personality for sure. but he just cant be too ugly im going to want to have to wake up next to the person if im with him. lol
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Attraction for me has always been far more about personality and chemistry than looks. Looks play a part, but for me it's more about style and how that shows off someone's personality. There are certain aesthetics that I may naturally gravitate towards or away from, but personality will trump it every time. Someone I think of as good looking can ruin it in a few minutes if they open their mouths and are a jerk. My attraction and all interest will be gone. And on the other side my attraction can build for someone I may not have thought much about as I get to know them.