Personality or Looks

Options

Replies

• dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Personality. Smart, funny, and sane beats tall, dark, and handsome any day (though tall, dark, and handsome certainly doesn't hurt...)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    If you are truly attracted to somebodys personality, you will find them the most gorgeous creature ever.

Definitely this!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Personality for sure.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    If we're talking about a wham bam thank ya ma'am...one night stand...*kitten* buddy...looks are important. For wife material, someone I have to live the rest of my life with? Personality is a MUST. Beauty will only get ya but so far with me. Luckily I found a woman with both.

Awww :cry: :heart:
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I think u need to fancy someone before u can want to get to know them "better."
  • pepsi666
    Options
    looks have to attract you, personality keeps you

This ^^
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Personality is probably the main thing when it comes to a long term relationship..
    But I would still have to have myself a wee cutie at that :)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    looks have to attract you, personality keeps you

This. Different people have different attraction. Just come someone is HOT doesn't mean they have a great personality. If you're HOT and have a great personality then you're the whole package.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    There has to be some sorta physical for me.. but personality is a must,, make me laugh and youre a winner :)
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There has to be something physically that makes you want to talk to the person, but after that it's definitely personality.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Personality comes first. Always. I love my husband's sense of humor, respectfulness, and loving attitude. I am ALSO attracted to him physically, which is a good sign. But it wouldn't matter anyway, I am not attracted to bad attitudes :heart:
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they're attracted by personality and will swear it til they're blue in the face. But in reality if you look around most couples are together based on looks.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Personality is #1
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In a real world the best in both would be so good, but which is the most important to you, in yourself and your partner. I like my gf's personality and looks, she wants to lose weight and I can see that and when she reaches her goal she will look even better, but it wont change how I feel for her as I cant feel much more than I already do. I think she feels likewise. What about you people out there, be honest!

If you have an ugly personality, it doesn't matter what you look like, you are an ugly person.
  • Hmmcglothl
    Hmmcglothl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say that having a good personality will make you beautiful to someone. I think a good personality can really radiate whether you have the standard "good looks" or not. People with bad attitudes usually look pretty ugly.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Personality is probably the main thing when it comes to a long term relationship..
    But I would still have to have myself a wee cutie at that :)

Nice!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Personality is much more important than looks. I've know lots of attractive people with crappy personalities. I don't care how good looking you are I don't want to spend time with someone with an undesirable personality/attitude.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they're attracted by personality and will swear it til they're blue in the face. But in reality if you look around most couples are together based on looks.

Maybe hotties... ??

I never intended to fall in love with my man, but because of his personality and mine clicking, it just happened. When you are old and gray, you lose your looks anyway. It's pretty stupid to pick a lifetime partner that is a boring conversationalist.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I only ever start to fancy men after I've gotten to know them quite a bit, so definitely personality for me.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Personality.

Beauty is more than skin deep, it really is.

I was in a cosmetics store, where a woman (she looked like she was an old leather handbag sucking a wasp, but thought herself gorgeous), was being so appallingly bad mannered to me. I told her... "lady, no amount of makeup will cover up an ugly personality".

LOL, I totally agree with this! Personally for me I never look at someone like that. My thing is I'm friends with anyone and over time I usually figure out how they are and if their personality is shallow and careless etc. I think my whole opinion changes of them. So I would say I go for personality over looks cause as she said beauty is within. If your beautiful on the inside your beautiful to me on the outside.