Broken Hearted :-(

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds cliche but time does heal all wounds! Just honestly try to vent through working out, blogging, hanging out with girlfriends etc! Hope you feel better hon!:flowerforyou:

how long does it take???

Until you're an independent woman.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Not to be harsh, but if you have a child, no money, no job, no car, and no place to live I think you have bigger things to worry about than your "broken heart." I'd start with finding a longer term place to live and a job.

uh ya I am asking advice cause i have no where to start... hours and hours and hours of job searching since we have been back in town and I onloy got one interview and that is not even guaranteed... :-/

i would start flipping burgers then. you do whatever it takes. be emotional later. you dont have time for that right now. ever stop to think your kid is probably feeling a little insecure right now.
    i dont mean to sound harsh but you have no choice at this point.
    the hurt and pain will go away eventually.
  • parrotlady66
    Options
    ok Girl.. sorry to hear about your situation .. He ain;t much of a man throwing you out with nothing to go on ..
    any how you have taken your weight loss in control and made things better for your self that way ..so YOU CAN do this
    this is a set back yes but you will move forward and realize that you don't need him any way .. take care you your son and yourself
    there is lots of good information out there and alot of good people that will help
    take care and good luck ..
    oh yes the angry work out may help too ..lol
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    How long do these things last?? I've been crying for a few weeks now leading up to this and the relationship ended last night. I just don't know how to get over this! My guy of 4 years and I ended it and he threw me out and has absolutely no emotion over it. I have no job , no money, no phone, no car. We just got back into town two weeks ago. luckily an old friend said I could stay a few days but that is it... I also have my 14 year old son with me.. I am so f'd I don't know what to do... I am emotional, worried, scared, hurt, I can't eat and I feel like someone died.......... Anyone.....

Right now you need to worry about your son and figure out a way to work and provide a home. I know it's hard and it hurts really bad BUT you are going to have to NOT think of you right now. Your emotions will always be there to turn back to right now, pull yourself up by the bootstraps get out there and find a job NOW before you get in to a deeper mess.

In the end, please dont let yourself get to a point where a man can leave you destitute. Stand on your own and be a survivor in the end you will prosper.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? He can't kick you out of your residence that easily.

true!

She posted in an earlier thread that they had been living with his parents for about 2 weeks now.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Where do you live? He can't kick you out of your residence that easily.

true!

She posted in an earlier thread that they had been living with his parents for about 2 weeks now.

Have you received any mail at that residence?
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Get a Job, Money, Phone and Car - You will feel much better.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    :( welll ocus on your basic needs if you are focused on that it will make everything else much easier that is really though :( being broken up with isn't something I know anything about but I bet it hurts like hell I really wish you the best
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine what you're going through. I really hope things get better.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    OK dear.
    You've posted numerous threads about this man and this situation. It sounds like you are much better off without.
    Turn on some Fiona Apple, eat a great big steak and some ice cream.

THEN GO HAVE AN ANGRY WORKOUT!

You are much much much much better off.

forget fiona....put on some Alanis Morrisett- Jagged little pill! or some Rhianna
    Im so sorry to hear that your ex is a loser. but you will survive. Time is the key, let it all out, soon you wont even know why you were with him in the first place.:smokin:
  • tx5512
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live but their are some government agencies that you can go to that help in emergency situations and get you into some temporary housing. I would recommend you do that first so that you can begin to process the loss of your relationship. You have too many stressors right now to cope with all of them at once.

One place she can look into if she hasn't already is an organization called Housing Hope based in Snohomish County. A quick look on their website shows that they offer housing and service programs to those in need.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds cliche but time does heal all wounds! Just honestly try to vent through working out, blogging, hanging out with girlfriends etc! Hope you feel better hon!:flowerforyou:

how long does it take???
    it doesnt take too long once you realize how much of an a-hole he has been to you! get angry get mad! be who you once were and stand on your feet
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have no job , no money, no phone, no car.

That may have something to do with it. Get some independence.

AMEN to that! Seriously, you have a kid to support, you have made a lot of foolish, foolish mistakes. It's time to grow up and get your *kitten* together!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

how long does it take???

I have a 14 year old son (and a 13 year old daughter), and forgive me but it really irritates me that after ALL the good advice on here about pulling yourself together for your SON you are still focused on yourself with this 'how long does it take' trivial BS. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and take responsibility! There is no answer for this 'how long' question you keep asking. Once you get off of MFP and get started on all you need to take care of, your broken heart will eventually heal itself. You are way too focused on your hurt feelings, and not focused enough on the enormous responsibility ahead of you. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, and this is way out of character for me, but you have a CHILD and NOTHING matters more than him.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's tough .... I remember those days well. But you are better off without him. You know you can do this, your child is the most important thing...... I was single mum at 19 and finally met the right man at 46, after I stopped looking. Get through this, move onwards and upwards, you have a future ... it takes time
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Aw... it'll take as long as your heart decides it needs. Which isn't very helpful and I'm sorry to not have a better answer for you. I mean, I could say it will end next Friday at 3:05pm, but then you might come and hunt me down. I'm actually on my third marriage, third times a charm, right? First one ended with a divorce after 10 years of marriage and the second ended with a death and it had only been a year long marriage. Both had serious and life-changing impact to me. I suspect that anyone who puts their heart at risk and then has it damaged will feel that pain. And emotional pain in sometimes worse than physical pain.

I'm sorry that you are hurting and that you are crying. I'm sorry that your life is where it is right now. There are those who have felt similar to what you have felt and they are able and ready to support you and let you know that you will feel differently eventually and you will be a better, stronger person for the struggles you have conquered.
    How long do these things last?? I've been crying for a few weeks now leading up to this and the relationship ended last night. I just don't know how to get over this! My guy of 4 years and I ended it and he threw me out and has absolutely no emotion over it. I have no job , no money, no phone, no car. We just got back into town two weeks ago. luckily an old friend said I could stay a few days but that is it... I also have my 14 year old son with me.. I am so f'd I don't know what to do... I am emotional, worried, scared, hurt, I can't eat and I feel like someone died.......... Anyone.....
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry that you are hurting, this will hurt for awhile, but being a Mom you have to put on your big girl panties and put your son first.

However, I've read some of your posts..and you are 33? You sound like a very YOUNG 33. I think it's really time to stop crying over some jerk who threw you and YOUR SON out of his home leaving you with nothing. This is not a man..this is a child who is selfish and immature.

I hope that you can find the help you need and that you find a home and a job.

Good luck.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes I know some of you think I am not putting my son first.... He is at his dads house until this weekend sometime... SO this is my me moment to cry and act like a baby or whatever it is some of you think I am doing... I have never been put out like this. Also there are reasons I have not worked the last few years. NO I was not mooching off of him. He makes 2 thousand dollars a week and when he got this job he said he wanted me to stay home that I did not need to work if I did not want to........
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 95% confident that it will take six months +/- six months. But given your current situation it would be best to be toward the zero end of the equation - that's if you can control your emotions... Get up every day and see the sun shine.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm 95% confident that it will take six months +/- six months. But given your current situation it would be best to be toward the zero end of the equation - that's if you can control your emotions... Get up every day and see the sun shine.

yes your probably right and it will proibably also take that to get my life on track