Crazy Cat People Only!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    We have two cats. One is a 8 year old female named Taylor and the other is a 2 year old female named Zoe.
    They each have their own unique personalities but I love them both :) Taylor was my husband's cat before I met him, so she is slightly obsessed with him and tolerates me, lol. Zoe we adopted together, but I was her main caregiver in the beginning (before we introduced the two cats and had to keep them separated), so she is majorly obsessed with me.

Taylor will lick you all day if you let her, but doesn't like to be held. Zoe will sit on your shoulders like a bird, or sleep on your head and loves to be held all the time. They tolerate each other - not the best of friends but not enemies either.

People who don't like cats usually say they don't like how independent they are. But that is exactly what I LOVE about cats. They aren't dependent on you 24/7. They do their own thing, they go to the bathroom when they need to, they play when they want to. They'll eat when they're hungry. You don't have to walk them or let them out. You don't have to feed them at a specific time. You don't have to worry about them peeing in the house or eating things they shouldn't (well most of the time you don't). You don't have to worry about getting home by a certain time to let them out to go to the bathroom.

Yet, they will still love you and be your best friend.

I love being independent and doing our own thing too and not having to worry about taking care of my cat, as if it is a child (or like a dog). That is exactly why we don't have dogs (while I love dogs too, they are way too much responsibility)!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Perfect thread for me, I love cats!

I have a Tabby cat... Named Tabby.
    And I also have a black and white kitty that I rescued. His name is Blackstone
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I got two kitties. Chinchilla, who is 12 and frail, who I have to assist-feed right now because she's either got some inner problems or dental issues. A trip to the vet soon will hopefully give us answers because nothing I'm doing is helping at the moment. She could also be still depressed because her companion passed away last year. Then, there's Peanut. He's a year old as of last month. We got him when he was a day shy of being three months old. He's a terror, always attacking Chinchilla and always going up on places he shouldn't. Also, he has a problem with biting mommy, so he gets lots of time-outs as a result. Other than being in the crap-tacular adolescent stage of cathood, I love my little boy.

Chinchilla is a gray DSH, and Peanut is a tabby.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Socks- the office cat

361747445.jpg?key=16001200&Expires=1348496919&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=JMUxfOFugIttpjHDANWlh6K7UkS7L~6Bbv73KiL1v-V1wwa4qpgcthOVmxHqPD8~vc4lC3QCM2uzeO3idb5xMsltSTZwG2ULGay9tubwguhW8~24xsVkuQXps6BKLf72UX7Udl9baGzd0gXD7ZqbUcOG7QTRNUD-lVVDXQwVtxI_

Nacho- The sweetest kitty who ever lived. Chose me by tapping me on the shoulder from a cage behind me when I was trying to pick one out. Had to have him.

301813056.jpg?key=16001200&Expires=1348497079&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=akTnWhwX8pxQUj2OR2bCCnf0RBa1mx5nXzAzegiFSUvSlSB8Hf-XU5i0VdmHflnxDJdZzeZSTIrwxFLFt02yN02ZsbYt6Rn3YKcNkhzy27nTp3nuE9xV0i5Y7D3~hWWfDjCr1tqB9MnT4DG8RkB3noZv1goKNSVITF4pKSzvnpQ_

Mortimer- Partner's cat, Nacho's best friend and an avid hunter. (No worries, the bird eventually got away)

261821974.jpg?key=16001200&Expires=1348497282&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=tYvxlTdUvhnSVylhhfAASR18pX9QU0Et3G-npmwdQ9RC-A3no3fJ2ZnBPm9RV3mc4Brs~m3g3QXNkmDbcHXPR8jtc6A3LrtcezzZk~mytkqdExaehjTJiB6~1g39eiNdvntmDta8rZxZ5E7q-D5l03j-V2rC0IWL3Vu4Fa63pS8_

Where did my pictures go? They were showing when I first posted this.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Socks- the office cat

[img[/img]

Nacho- The sweetest kitty who ever lived. Chose me by tapping me on the shoulder from a cage behind me when I was trying to pick one out. Had to have him.

301813056.jpg?key=16001200&Expires=1348497079&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=akTnWhwX8pxQUj2OR2bCCnf0RBa1mx5nXzAzegiFSUvSlSB8Hf-XU5i0VdmHflnxDJdZzeZSTIrwxFLFt02yN02ZsbYt6Rn3YKcNkhzy27nTp3nuE9xV0i5Y7D3~hWWfDjCr1tqB9MnT4DG8RkB3noZv1goKNSVITF4pKSzvnpQ_

Mortimer- Partner's cat, Nacho's best friend and an avid hunter. (No worries, the bird eventually got away)

261821974.jpg?key=16001200&Expires=1348497282&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=tYvxlTdUvhnSVylhhfAASR18pX9QU0Et3G-npmwdQ9RC-A3no3fJ2ZnBPm9RV3mc4Brs~m3g3QXNkmDbcHXPR8jtc6A3LrtcezzZk~mytkqdExaehjTJiB6~1g39eiNdvntmDta8rZxZ5E7q-D5l03j-V2rC0IWL3Vu4Fa63pS8_

Where did my pictures go? They were showing when I first posted this.

Dawww those are so cute! When I was a kid I used to have an outdoor cat that would bring birds and dead spiders to our doorstep. Their way of thanking us. (Okay, so gross too, but still sweet!)

I've got to get a picture of my cat. In my teddy bear thread, someone had posted a picture of a cat hugging a teddy bear. I saved that one - cats are one of the most comforting creatures to me.

So here's my attempt at recreating that adorable picture!

?ui=2&ik=59c8be9c03&view=att&th=13dc632328c4abe8&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1431127741476896768-1&zw
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have four cats, Zulu, Koda, Ghost and Oreo and a dog called Archie. They are all totally gorgeous.
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    AHH Perfect topic!!!!!! I am such a cat lover! I have three cats myself, I'd post pictures if I knew how!

EDIT: let's see if this works:

maricat.jpg

This is Maris

mew.jpg

This is Mew

chibicat.jpg

and this is Chibi ^_^

babies.png

And this is them all sitting on my freshly washed/folded clothes!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Dawww those are so cute! When I was a kid I used to have an outdoor cat that would bring birds and dead spiders to our doorstep. Their way of thanking us. (Okay, so gross too, but still sweet!)

I've got to get a picture of my cat. In my teddy bear thread, someone had posted a picture of a cat hugging a teddy bear. I saved that one - cats are one of the most comforting creatures to me.

So here's my attempt at recreating that adorable picture!

?ui=2&ik=59c8be9c03&view=att&th=13dc632328c4abe8&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1431127741476896768-1&zw

Mortimer hasn't brought anything in since that picture. Now, every night when we are in bed, he brings us stuffed animals from the toy basket in the other room and drops them on the floor of our bedroom then joins us on the bed to be petted.
  • tarranp
    tarranp Posts: 12
    Options
    Four cats - a tortoiseshell, tuxedo, tabby and tabby-possibly-Norwegian-Forest-Cat mix.

They think they own the place. Hah!