Crazy Cat People Only!

Options

Replies

• meldins0831
    Options
    I have 2 cats. Remmy is my oldest, he's solid white with blue eyes and weighs about 15 pounds. On Jan 15th he'll be 12. Gizmo is my baby, he's a seal point himilayan and he's almost as big as Remmy. He'll turn 6 on Sept 30th. I am def a crazy cat lady! I love em to death!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I have 5, yep. 5 lil bundles of torment an aggrivation.

Joey, 13 year marble colored (predominantly black though) short haired mix FEMALE. We got her at 8wks from someone who swore she was a male and helped us name "him" Joey. I took Joey home, and showed everyone that we have a lil girl to take care of and the name stuck - Joey (Josephine) She is the queen of the brood.

Heidi, 12 year old black short haired. Found her on the side of a busy highway at 3 months old (estimated) feeding off swampy water and whatever a young kitten could find to eat. Hubby rescued her, brought her home, we rehabilitated her (showed her what REAL food was) Vetted her up and through the course of the years have decided she is a bit pf a schitzo, which I won't elaborate on more than that. She is attached to hubby, for obvious reasons. She is afraid of her own shadow. Literally, she jumps sideways if she notices it.

Isis, 8 year old black medium haired. Rescued through a mutual friend who found her and her kitten abandoned/feral. The others from the litter were a loss and the kitten died shortly after we took them in :( Isis is easy going, chatters non stop, and isn't as social unless she wants something. She is content to let Joey be the queen, as long as we let her outside once in a while. She is the only outdoors cat we have, atm. Typical cat.

Marco, 6 year old long haired tuxedo who thinks it is our job to let him out any day, any time, regardless of what we are dong and pitches a fit if we do not comply. He vanished from our household shortly after Thanksgiving last year, and as we live next to a forested park we assumed the worst. He came home 7 months later and behaves like he wasn't gone an hour. He has since been grounded indoors for life. He demonstrates his protest peacefully by plopping down on my laptop keyboard when he notices I am busy writing more than 1 sentence at a time.

Felix, 2 year old long haired tuxedo with a stub tail. Obnoxious, whiney, wimpy bundle of adorable who thinks irritating the other cats is the best sporting event in history and has seriously ticklish tootsies which is so much fun to take advantage of ^,^ Rescued at 8 weeks from "the great outdoors" in the middle of November when temps here were far too low for a young kitten to survive for long in. No one claimed him after a month so we kept him. Jury is still out on it it was a good idea >.> (j/k)

All my cats are UTD on shots, spay/neutered, spoiled rotten pains in my butts who each have their own obnoxious personality. The year we got Felix was the same year I lost my oldest, and my favorite male- Handsome. tiger, 13 at the time we had to put him to sleep due to some serious health issues that compromised his quality of life. The vet suggested there were things we COULD have don but the cost was enormous and it wouldn't guarantee an improvement on Handsome's suffering, just prolong the inevitable.

I love cats, and would love to have more, but 5 is my limit, and probably once the brood starts thinning out I will not be taking in more- but I said that before we rescued Felix, lol..
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    I have three babies: Coal is a black Maine Coon that picked me to be his Mommy. He scaled the cage at the Humane Society and stuck his paw out and grabbed my shirt. We've been stuck on each other ever since. Butterbean came reluctantly at the same time. He's part Orange Tabby/part Siamese. He has eyes that are really too big for his head and jack rabbit feet. He has the muscle mass of a Siamese and the pudge of a Tabby so when he steps on you, you know it. The third one is Little Bit, who only has three legs. He's a Champagne Tabby. He was attacked by another animal when he was a baby and climbed a tree to survive. He's my hero. He looks at the other two cats like they have something wrong with them for having four legs. He runs faster than either of them put together. My cats are my sanity.
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    I grew up with dogs so its kinda funny that I went in the other direction. I love kitties. 12 years ago I got my first one. He was a black short haired that I adopted from my ex boyfriend. His name was Sam aka Sammybear. He was by my side up until a few months ago. I had to put him down due to a growing cancer tumor.

rims008.jpg

My second kitty was Sam's companion and I lost him in April 2009 of old age. His name was Ricky but he was a Blue point Himalayan and was so regal so I called him MR. Ricky.

newcats008.jpg

When I lived in my apartment, there was an orange stray kitty that showed up around 2004 during one of the hurricanes. I named him Garfield and fed him for several years. Sadly, he passed this winter.

newcats002.jpg

BUT....I'm happy to report that I am a kitty mommy once again. My brother's friend notified me of a kitty that was recently abandoned and needed a home. He was very affectionate and I just couldn't say no. He is a British Short-haired and I have named him Loki.

376645_4647867958876_1112277769_n.jpg
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have 2 babies, both 1.5 years old.. They are brothers, one is grey striped, he is Timmy Tebow :happy: and the other is black and white and his name is Dominoe, but my family and I call him MeMoe. He looks like a mini version of my mom's cat Moe so we started calling him Mini Moe, but then it got shortened to MeMoe. My babies are spoiled rotten and I realllllllly want another, but my house is too small for 3 babies :grumble:
  • Khymera
    Options
    Beau is a 9-year-old domestic longhair with a black top coat and white undercoat. He also has a rather severe case of cerebellar hypoplasia that has not slowed him down even a little bit.

He's rail-thin despite the fact that he has food available 24/7 and eats like a horse. He's very loud and demanding. He's mischievous and loves to sit in my lap when I'm working on the computer so that he can swipe things off the desk and watch them drop to the floor. His arch enemy is a piece of wadded-up copy paper that he'll yell at for several minutes before attacking. Total wack-job, that cat.

I couldn't love him more.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mo is my profile picture. This hansome guy came to us when my neighbor's daughter was moving back home. She had 3 cats & could only take 1 so I lucked out and got Mo. He is very vocal and loves to steal the warm spot on the sofa when someone gets up.

Lilah is my ticker. We adopted her from a shelter after my cat of 17 years passed away. I did not want another long hair but I'm so glad she picked me. She is the cutest cat ever. Everyday when I get home she runs to the kitchen and flops onto her back showing her white belly, mittens and boots. She is a big flirt, we call her a hussy because her favorite position to sleep is spread eagle on her back.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have George and Lucas (yes I am a star wars fan) George is a brown tabby and weighs in at a whopping 26 pounds. Lucas is white and black and weighs in around 6 pounds. Love them both!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    <-- That is my kitty Miaka (Mia for short). Mia is my adorable little blue! I don't know what I would do without her sometimes. She's a little miracle worker who turned my husband into a cat person! She's 6 years old. I had another kitty named Neeko, but he passed away 2 years ago from cancer. Mia was there to console me while I was grieving. To this day she won't let me sleep alone even if it's a nap on the sofa while my hubby is at work!
  • grandmagege
    grandmagege Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HI I have a grey tabby that I rescued as a 3 month old from outside. Her name is Rosie and got that name because she as pretty as a rose but she had nails like a thorn. she 2 years old now and still so pretty and loveable . Just recently she started being bad and not using her litter box. So yesterday I went out and bought 2 more litter boxes and 3 different kinds of litter. she started using the new litter box with the cheapest litter 98 cents a bag YEAH love my cat :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    We have three cats, all boys, all right around two years old, a diffuse (i.e. pale) orange tabby, a Siamese tabby mix, and a Maine Coon mix who is a mix of white and brown tabby (i.e. the colored areas have tabby markings, the rest of him is white). I also have two formerly-feral foster kittens, they're 4months old, and grey tabbies--a boy and a girl. And right now we have an orange tabby kitten I just trapped, his mom is a local stray cat I feed, she's coming inside as soon as I trap her other kitten. Yes, I'm the crazy cat lady.
  • tastywhalebacon
    Options
    i have a 4 year old mainecoon, munchkin mix (i wanna say she's a mix of the 2), named toaster. she's fat.

i also have a 3 year long hair black cat named beanie. he's special. he's also a leap year kitteh.
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2q20rc4.jpg
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    I love my 5 kitties!! I have 3 rescues, and 2 kitten adoptions..my oldest adopted us 15 years ago, a shorthair calico with a strong mothering instincts, she raised her "kittens"(my son and daughter) with a firm but guided paw.My 12 year old is a b/w longhair girl, I have 3 more in my insane asylum, mY Maine Coon werewolf(black) Bo, a grey and white tux, and a white shorthair that has the biggest attitude evar born in a cat!! I love them all and can't imagine my life without them! =3
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    HI I have a grey tabby that I rescued as a 3 month old from outside. Her name is Rosie and got that name because she as pretty as a rose but she had nails like a thorn. she 2 years old now and still so pretty and loveable . Just recently she started being bad and not using her litter box. So yesterday I went out and bought 2 more litter boxes and 3 different kinds of litter. she started using the new litter box with the cheapest litter 98 cents a bag YEAH love my cat :)

Ive read in cat books that they can act out and not use the litter box for several reasons. The current location is too loud or busy...plus they say that there should be a litter box for every cat in the house plus one extra so they have several to choose from depending on their moods and the box locations. They can also act out sometimes if its a medical issue. Bladder or urinary infections etc.

Glad to hear your kitty is using it again. Our furry little felines can be so picky sometimes! :smile:
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Another cat lover chiming in - we have four (down from six): Sugar (white longhair), who is mother to Mallory (B&W female) and Tumbleweed (Orange male), plus unrelated to the three of them is Fantasy, a tabby/white bicolor shorthair. All are 12 yrs old or older, so much kitty-sleeping is done in our house, hah!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Introducing Ms. Kat Von C

mskat.jpg

don't let the curvy girl fool you..weighing in at 25 lbs..she still jumps straight up in the air to my daughters shoulders when she comes out of the shower..it's something about her shampoo...Kat will chase her down until she lunges and is on top of her shoulders.

Can also catch flies in mid air. Will drag my heavy fleece blanket OFF my bed. Can kill a mouse with one slap of her massive paw. I have had cool cats all my life but this one def has proven to be the most talented.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My fur son is Alessandro ( Sandro for short.) He will be three in December and he had a history of being sickly when we got him, but my hubby said he was perfect. He is in absolute perfect health now and he is sitting on my lap now watching me type. He is my emotional support animal, though he doesn't have a badge, but he has helped me with so much.

On his paperwork it says he is a domestic shorthair, but after doing some research we think he looks closer to a Bombay. He has the temperment and the look for sure.

I had never had my own pet before and my hubby said that kitties are miracle workers at helping people fight depression and anxiety and he was right. I don't know how I ever lived without him. His favorite activity is waiting until I"m in an intense yoga pose and then walking under me or licking my face to see if I can hold it! LOL
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    cats.jpg

I have FIVE cats. Here are two, Keppen, the tilty-headed tuxeo cat with an insatiable appetite for mischief and his buddy Tilly, a tiny three-legged ball of fluff and fun. We also have a tabby girl who is the most cat-like cat in the world, a big orange man cat who owns the house, and a little old black cat who lives in our bedroom because she hates cats.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<My little beauty is in my profile pic. He is a himalayan and rules the house, expects to be treated like a king. Hates walking on grass and walks on side foot paths as proud as punch. He also likes his bacon half grilled and milk lukewarm. He has a bit of a sweet tooth like his owner and loves sweet cakes especially. Now he is on a diet through no fault of his own but does like sugar free jelly with ice cream. He also likes fish and sausages grilled and won't eat them raw. He also hates men which is a good thing lol. It took him 6 months to get used to my husband and he is still weary of him. When I had a miscarriage he was very comforting and sat on my tummy as if he knew something happened. Great to see so many cat lovers out there