I love/hate them. :bigsmile:
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    cuz they're frikken hard!!

THIS!! lol :)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    cuz when I'm on the floor doing sumpin' I wanna finish and not have to jump up and do sumpon' else. lol!!!

I guess in a way, I'm lazy when I exercise. I like to sweat but in an orderly fashion. lol!!! jumping up and down quickly is not my forte.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why do burpees have such a bad rep? I can think of several other exercises and lifts that are worse.
    Clean and press, deadlift, thrusters and power jumps for example, make me want to vomit and pass out much worse than burpees.

I always head rush when I do them - - even when I pause before the jump up. I have no idea why - but my trainer keeps making me do them (in small sets, since he doesn't really "like" it when I pass out LOL)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    They are just really hard. But, I like 'em because they help with my surfing. I mean, that's pretty much what you do when you surf. Except, you do a lot more than that. Paddle, then burpee, then paddle more, then burpee, then paddle, then burpee. LOL.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    i like them :)
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    For me it kills my wrists (which are very weak)
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love burpees! I especially love it when I am forced to do more of them than I think I can.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have Morton's Neuroma in my feet and I can barely walk if I do them. But I actually like them and am sad I can't do them anymore.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    They used to be almost impossible for me, but they are bearable now (at 30 second intervals). Someday I might learn to love them. <3

Okay, I just watched a youtube video showing burpees...and I obviously am doing a "modified" version!!! Guess I can see why they aren't most people's favorite!!!!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I hated burpees at first. But now they're no big deal. :D
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Because my stomach is in the way.... :smile: .....hopefully for not too much longer.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Takes me back to high school where we'd have to do burpees for messing up in practice lol I have PTBD (post traumatic burpee disorder).

After every football game we would have to do "Owl reminders" (our mascot was the owls). They were burpees and I have never recovered from the few games we lost lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I think most people hate them because somehow you always have to do a ton of reps. No one ever says "I did ten burpees". It's always a part of a fit test, or the punishment for something in sports, or an obstacle penalty in a race... You always have to either do a ton of them or do them when you're already really tired, or both.
    QFT
  • luvsbks
    Options
    What are burpees?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I actually like burpees. If I hate anything it would have to be jump squats and knee tucks. I'm not a big fan of snatches too
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have low blood pressure so they make me lightheaded and sick...but sometimes I do them anyway...and try not to black out ;)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I like that I can do them, because once a upon a time, I couldn't do them. And I was MUCH younger then! So I love the feeling I get when I can do as many as they do on ChaLEAN Extreme. It's a great feeling. I don't particularly love putting my head that far down when my heart rate is up so if I have a day that I'm having vertigo, which I get from time to time for no known reason, I kinda take it easy on them.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    For me it kills my wrists (which are very weak)

I have wrist issues too...try turning them out slightly when you get into the plank position. That helps A LOT!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am getting better at them....
    BUT
    My glasses always start to fall off of my face -- and that's not fun.