Why do people hate burpees so much?

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just don't like doing them! They suck. I'd rather just do push ups or cardio... why do we have to combine them all into this stupid exercise?? I don't like them. Lol.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I also hate doing lunges... ugh... and any variation of lunges...
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    They aggravate my already bum knees.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's just a matter of opinion.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My knees hate them and they make my head dizzy to the point of falling over.. Did thousands when I was in the naval reserve, never again
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    .......aaaaah because they are hard. Maybe you are advanced in your fitness....they are a challenge for me...good for me but still a challenge
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I find them challenging to say the least I am not good at jumping up quickly find it very hard. I do them but don't like them. Lunges also hurt my knees not a fan of those also.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did not know people hated them. They grow on you. I do different versions....from jumping and doing a jumping jack to 50 yards sprint and doing pull ups.
  • rg_0202
    Options
    they make my legs hurt soooo bad.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Because they are evil? Seriously, they can be hard on the knees and very challenging for people who have trouble with explosive, plyo-type movements. I'm a 50-something grandmother and it took me almost 3 months of Turbo Fire HIITs to get to the point of being able to do two in a row. They're tough, painful, and not something everyone can do. I can't stand them.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nia Shanks is my new hero - she can do the 2 exercises effortlessly that I really struggle with: burpess and pull ups. I can do 5 burpees in a row but I grunt with each press up. It's hard but I make myself do it anyway. If only I felt the same way about running.
  • don883
    don883 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Burpees and I have a love/hate relationship...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like them . I do em on a bosu ball and add pushups too along with.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options

i F-ING hate jumping lunges too. those are EVVVVVIIIIL!

Agreed. I prefer burpees to a lot of other things... and sometimes I look forward to them. Jumping lunges can take a jumping leap off a cliff, though.
  • xoyasminxo
    Options

i F-ING hate jumping lunges too. those are EVVVVVIIIIL!

Agreed. I prefer burpees to a lot of other things... and sometimes I look forward to them. Jumping lunges can take a jumping leap off a cliff, though.

Lol
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    lol I LOVE burpees and everything that makes you work hard. Freakin LOVE IT!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I do just an exercise of just burpee variations. Its an awesome body workout!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Cuz they're a pain in the *kitten*...and knees..and back.. (for me)
  • patrialuv
    Options
    I have been having problems with my knees lately as well.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    They suck when you're out of shape. I admit I hated them. Then after a year of working out I was made to do them again. Not so bad. Same with mountain climbers.