Morbidly obese, need support on my long journey

Options

Replies

• Lisarky
    Options
    I just sent you an add request. So happy to see you here. I really liked what you said on your page about wanting what is inside you, your soul, to show on the outside. I think it already does just based on your picture :-) but I know what you mean.

Right now I am doing a lot of swimming and this week I am going to start doing some cardio work seated and see how it goes. I can't do it standing/moving on my feet due to some leg and knee issues so it's kind of hard to get good cardio workouts. We'll see what we can do! I've got some big arms so lifting them over and over again real fast might work! The staff at the YMCA is helpful to the extreme, so...

Anyway, best of luck to you, and so glad to see you've joined this place. ((HUGS))
  • cdavis5000
    Options
    Wishing you the best!!! Feel free to add me Been battle diabetes and fluctuations in weight for a while now...Feel free to add me
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    ill be your friend. all i ask is that you stick around and give support as good as you get it. glad you are on the path to a new life. it works. it doesnt even have to suck. i like MFP, its not a diet to me.
  • FreshStart244
    Options
    Hey Everyone :)

Just came across this site and it looks wonderful, such a great thing to have people being able to support you along the way.
    For me personally i have to learn how to eat properly again and stay healthy. Weight is always on my mind and i am finding i cannot even enjoy a meal anymore.

Feel free to add me, i would love to chat with you all :)
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,
    I'm not in the same position as you but admire you for seeking support on your journey. Feel free to add me and I promise to support you all the way! No matter what our struggles are in life we all needs friends :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Believe me, if I can do it so can you. It's been a long, hard journey and I'm still struggling every day but believe me, it is well worth it.
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Not got that much too lose but I have found MFP so helpful and got some great advise. Feel free to add me and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Girl, just remember that this isn't a diet you just need to change your eating habits.....There may hiccups alone the way but don't let it get you down, just look at it as a bump along the way to the new you.....:drinker:
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    You're a beautiful girl! You can do this!!!! :smile:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a friend request so that we can help each other on this. Anyone else can feel free to add, too.
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just quit chewing tobacco myself and trying to get the rest of me healthy too! You can do it.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together. Sent u a req. anyone can add me :flowerforyou:
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I still have a long way to go.
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    this is a great site, we are all on this journey together, good days and bad:)
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. You'll find supportive, motivating people with great advice. I'm on the forums as much as possible giving and receiving support. You can do this. Friend request is on it's way.
  • iwork4pepsi
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've began this journey myself at the beginning of May of this year. So far, so good! Having the support of those here on MFP really helps me keep it up! I'm also proof that giving up soda, eating right and counting calories really works! I wish you luck, I know you can do it if you set your mind to it!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been fat since I was a kid too and I'm determine to be done with it even if I have a lot to lose. I've also quit smoking 25 days ago after 15 yrs! You can do it!
  • StevenLongtin
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

Just popping in to say add me if you please. I don't comment often, but I post daily and have an open Diary. Shoot me a message and I'll be happy to answer any questions if I know the answer. I'm no professional when it comes to fitness or health but I know enough that it's working for me!

Cheers!
  • FL_SportsFan
    Options
    I recently quit smoking too. Exercise is definitely important at this point, because as I'm sure you know quitting makes you want to eat EVERYTHING.
    Think about it like this though: the more you weigh the quicker the lbs drop, so if you stick with it you will see a lot of early progress. Been using MFP for a month now and I've lost 22 lbs so far. Add me if you like. Anyone can add me.
  • percilia11
    percilia11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    am wishing you the best of luck on your journey add if you would like moral support is alway a good thing and keep your head up