Morbidly obese, need support on my long journey

Options

Replies

• shellyscott0804
    shellyscott0804 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Just quit smoking in May & just getting started here again. I have a LONG ways to go. Feel free to add me.
  • Roxsand
    Roxsand Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) We're all here for you!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey, I've found this site to be very helpful along mine. Take it one day at a time and keep focused, you will find the rewards to be well worth it.
  • nativebaby82
    Options
    My doctor told me I was morbidly obese. I have 77 pounds to lose . I have a congenital heart defect. I decided to start eating clean about five days ago. I eat nothing processed and I cut my allergens out of my diet. I recently gave up soda. It is hard but if we stick together we can do this.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I have about 70 lbs I'd like to loose, though I'd settle for 50. At 41, the weight seems to be glued to me but I'm not giving up. Just remember it's a journey of a lifetime and the journey in and of itself can be very rewarding. :wink:
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight in September 2010, I was at my heaviest at 288 pounds. I had tree trunks for legs, 3 rolls for a gut, and enough chin to make two of them. Being an epileptic wasn't helping either. So between then and April of this year, I lost 40 pounds, and brought myself up to 248 pounds. I still had a gut only not so bad, the only part of my legs that looked like tree trunks were my thighs, and my chin was just a double one, not the monstrosity it had been two years ago. Now I no longer have tree trunk thighs, my chin is shaping up into a heart shaped face (yeah!!!) and my gut is tightening up to a point where I can see the begining of an abdominal section take place!!! No kidding!!! I've worked hard to do it, but it's happened. And it can work for you too. I'll be your friend all you like, you can add me on if you want. I'm on practically every day!!! After all, we all need friends, right? :flowerforyou:
  • literaryweasel
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey! If you'd like to add me, I'd be more than glad to be friends & offer support. :) It's a really wonderful thing you're doing, for both you and your sister.
  • NewRee32
    NewRee32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined the other day and would be happy to have you as a friend here at MFP. I'm morbidly obese too and bordering on cirrhosis of the liver (and a transplant list) because of a fatty/swollen liver. It's crucial that I lose weight, but at the same time, losing weight is very hard on the liver. I can tell I'm losing weight since tracking on this site - and I'm not feeling well because of it..but I can't stay the way I am either. I'm 'high risk' for every obesity related disease... and sometimes can feel overwhelmed by how much weight I need to lose. I'll send you a friend request because I'm interested in your journey and know you can do this here with us. God bless!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I haven't got as much to lose as you do, but I could gain a friend! I'm always willing to offer support and encouragement, so feel free to add me! =)
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! WE ALL NEED FRIENDS!
    I was obese when I started MFP in June. I have lost 16 pounds with MFP and I have about 24 more to lose. I have always struggled with my weight and MFP has been the most useful tool I have ever tried. I also feel like I am in the best mindset ever for losing weight and helping others. My parents were both morbidly obese and the weight took my father at an early age. My husband just started MFP (Pepetheworldcat) a few weeks ago and he is obese. He is already seeing how great the tool is if you use it. We are all here for one another. The positive energy on MFP is infectious!!!!

Can't wait to reach goals together and encourage one another along the way!!!!
  • TrishMGB
    Options
    I admire your strength and dedication to your sister......please feel free to add me.
  • cinner506
    Options
    Can add me!!! Good luck on your new journey!
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh! And I also do challenges - I am running one right now that runs til Halloween - you could join and set a low goal - like maybe 3 or 4 pounds and see if you can hit the mark by the end of the October. I will send you an invite. No pressure - but we have an awesome group of about 27 people who are all really positive and supportive ... if you want to join just add the group and then weigh in with us each Wednesday morning! After this challenge ends we are running another one that will go from halloween to new years. :D
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a single mum of a 6 year old and need to lose weight to be able to run around and do things with her. Being on my own and having no-one to answer to means I very easily slip into the 'eating what is easy' routine and I also do a lot of emotional eating too. I have just joined this site, been on here every day for the last 5 days and it is keeping me so inspired and motivated, whereas normally I would start and only last a few days. I'm going to do it this time with the support of all the wonderful people on here!
  • whitesocks1
    Options
    Congratulations! You made the very first step in a long, but very doable journey. Take it one day at a time. Walk one step at a time. You CAN do it. Use this motto, print it out on a large piece of paper and hang it where you exercise, where you eat, and keep a smaller copy in your wallet: "Time To Train".

I hope it will motivate you to dig deep, reach down inside yourself and make it happen, walk those steps, chart what you eat, and most importantly, inspire you to love your body, and cherish each day you are able to get out of bed.

I have so sign off now, its my turn, time to train

Train hard my friend!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to friend you. I started my weight loss journey, 8 years ago, super morbidly obese at 334 lbs. I have nothing but encouragement for you on your journey!
  • ShelleyD1960
    Options
    Dear Csjunfemme first of all im very proud of you for quiting smoking thats a very hard thing to do i know this because i quite all most 3 years ago and had smoked for 38 years. and as far as dieting dont think of it as a diet think of it as a healthy life change. keep healthy snacks bagged up such as fruit ,veggies,cereal and even those 100 callorie snack paks you can buy. try to eat your heavier meals early and eat lite at nite. at commercials if you are a t.v. watcher like me get up and do arm lifs leg lifs or jogging in place every other commercial. also eat small meals every 2 to 3 hours even if its just a picle or carrot. im not very good at writing i hope you understand what ive said and hope it helps you good luck and dont get dicouriged it took years to put it on it will take time to take it off yours truly shellyD1960
  • LauraAnn52
    LauraAnn52 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I'd like to share something I saw today that has really inspired me. Maybe this will inspire you, too. I hope so. "Changing Rooms" is a photographic record a young woman kept of her 160 pound weight loss over a years time. Here is the link: http://juliakozerski.com/changingroom
  • de2brown
    Options
    I am also on a very long journy to a healthier me, feel free to add me, i go to gym seven days a week, and log on here most days, although diet is something i always struggle with, i am improving each day :) I would be happy to help you!
  • ashwaeks
    ashwaeks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me too. I like making new friends here and motivating!