Morbidly obese, need support on my long journey

Options

Replies

• jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese here, too, and on the road to losing 154 pounds. I sent you a friend request. I log every day and check message every day, add me if you'd like.
  • de2brown
    Options
    You can friend me. I'd like to share something I saw today that has really inspired me. Maybe this will inspire you, too. I hope so. "Changing Rooms" is a photographic record a young woman kept of her 160 pound weight loss over a years time. Here is the link: http://juliakozerski.com/changingroom

That is amazing, thanks for sharing that link!
  • Thin1979
    Options
    Hi :) Please add me as a freind. I used to weigh over 300 pounds and am now down to 170, still not the size I would like to be but getting there. I think you will find alot of supportive people on this site. i would like to help. It sounds like you have alot going on in your life and I applaud you...remember you ALWAYS have to take care of yourself first so you can take care of others that you love. You can do this!
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I too am morbidly obese and have finally decided to take my weight loss seriously since I have a daughter and grandson that I want to be around for. My grandson is 9 and his father ( my son) died at age 19. So let's make it happen this time. We can do it
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    good luck!!! you can add me if youd like as well!!! :)
  • LiqueLique89
    LiqueLique89 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Keep in mind that it's a process that takes time; i've learned to celebrate the little victories [not giving in to sweets or saying no to fast food] as well as the big ones [noticing the weight come off and how i feel about myself]. Also remember "NEVER GIVE UP!" You may stumble a few times and encounter many slip ups but remember to see each day as a fresh start. Feel free to add me for more support :smile:
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Although I have not walked in your shoes, I can tell you that you are so worth it to get to a healthy weight.

You sister needs you and I am sure you have a loving family and friends who also love you and need you in their lives.

You must change the way you think about food, and eat to live, not live to eat. It is not easy, but when you think of YOU, and then think of your loved ones it will help you on your weight loss jourrney.

Just take your time. Perhaps just 1-2 pounds a week, and try to do some type of exercise, even while sitting down.

I wish you much luck. You can do it! If you fall off just get right back on!
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    good to you.. im here to support u... we can do it!!!
  • book_worm4
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me! (:
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm on here every day and love motivating people. :)
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Same goes for anyone else too

I'm fairly new to this but you'll find you need to do diet and exercise. Make sure you offset any bad days with an extra good day and challenge yourself constantly. Dont settle for what you are now, dream of what you want to be and make it happen!
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations on your weight loss. I too started at 313 lbs and am now down to 287.6. Still have a long way to go but thought it would be impossible to get to 180. How did you do it. Please add me as a friend.
  • debrahen
    Options
    Congrats on starting a new journey. Remember to acknowledge your successes to yourself! We're all here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend! You'll do this - - one step at a time.:happy:
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Good Luck and feel free to add me I will help support you anyway I can :smile:
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're with people who understand and will keep you motivated! :heart:

Feel free to add me if you need support. I'm 5'11" and was morbidly obese at 300 pounds. Just recently got into a healthy BMI. Feel free to look at my profile for more about me lol.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a wonderful bunch of people posting here! I'm so impressed. Yay for all of you! To Cajun, and all the rest who are just starting, welcome to MFP! You'll do great and I know it. You've taken the first step, so now it's time to take the next one. One thing at a time, make small changes. Wishing you the best!!
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    cajunfemme,
    i, too, am morbidly obese, and have been that way most of my life. severe health problems are forcing me to change my ways, i'm hoping that mfp will help me get healthy. right now, i'm on med leave from work, getting over a bad fall that broke my L tibia and tore the meniscus (cartilege) in my knee. big-time arthritis has set in all over from having to use a walker. i've just GOT to lose weight and get over this!
    feel free to add me to your friend list, and i'll support you all i can. we're almost neighbors~ i live in Arkansas. was born in Bossier City at Barksdale AFB, went to LSU for a year & a summer, and have some cousins who grew up in LA, so i have a few Louisiana ties....
    BEST of luck to you on your weight loss journey! You CAN do it, girl! :flowerforyou:

janie
  • cajunfemme
    cajunfemme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an awesome transformation. Thanks for sharing!
  • jlh1411
    Options
    Hey chick i'l support you on your journey, read my profile, and add me as a friend if you like. It's tough starting any journey but the satisfaction of growing in confidence as you reach your goals soon out weighs the anxiety of the long term goal. Just a little tip to get you started. Have a long term weight loss goal, and time limit goal. but break it down to short term targets. Just for example. if you wanted to lose say 2 stone in 1 year, set your target on a monthly basis. maybe 4lb a month. then each month re set your target to fit your life style that month. so if you've got a holiday coming up cut your target down. or choose to maintain that month. always keep your monthly targets realistic and doable so that you are encouraged with success not disappointed and discouraged by what you view as failure. REMEMBER! any loss is a success! no matter how small. and any maintain is a success if you chose it. You have got this far so pat yourself on the back we all have to start somewhere! You're a marvellous Fantastic woman! Your beautiful and courageous! Not trying is the only failure in my book. I tried to give up smoking for 36 years but i never gave up giving up! I have now reached my goal! I have finally conquered my addiction! I found something to live for and made my ultimate decision. I have been given up 9 Months and can honestly say i feel like i've never smoked! I am well and truly over it. I once stopped for 6 and half years but never stopped craving them! In the end i just gave in and had a cigarette! it took me another 13 years before i reached this point. but it's when you get to the point of no return you realise you have to do or die! I'm with you lady if you want me to share your journey i'd be honoured! JXX:flowerforyou:
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is so supportive here :) I was never a smoker but I did lose a lot of weight between '02 and '04 almost 400 pounds and like an idiot I let Life crap get between me and being healthy and gained a lot back.
    It took me almost 6 years to get that motivation back I have been back on plan since the end of May and have loss 128 pounds.
    I know for me the difference is how I approach things I am not on a Diet you go off Diets this is the way I choose to eat and that is it each day you get up and choose to eat healthy, You choose to not eat Foods that are not on your plan, You choose to exercise even when your Body hurts.
    I have a Medical condition Lymphedema that gives me major mobility issues that I have to work around but there is always a way- for me right now it is working out in the Pool.
    You and everyone else feel free to add me as we go on this Journey to being healthy :)