Healthy breakfast ideas. NEED YOUR FAVORITES.

Options

Replies

• chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt, go lean Kashi, mixed with berries. I weigh everything. It is not a low cal breakfast but high protein and low fat
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Atkin's Granola Meal Bar or a Chobani Greek Yogurt with a quarter cup of kashi cereal mixed in....and coffee with a splash of milk...of course ;)
  • okiesarah
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt for breakfast :)
  • okiesarah
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt for breakfast :)

Me too. Something like Chobani so you get your carbs and your protein. And it is the simplest breakfast ever. And you can sprinkle some granola on it too.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Since I don't like to cook first thing in the morning during the week, I came up with a breakfast sandwich when I found pre made egg whites:
    2 Nature's Path Homestyle gluten free waffles, toasted
    1 piece 2% american cheese
    1 Simple Foods Made Good egg white patty, heated in the microwave
    Put the egg white and cheese slice on the waffles and put it together
    You can add breakfast meat (I don't care for sausage and bacon so I eat it without) I will occasionally put a slice of tomato on it if I have some
    On the weekends I'll have toast with almond butter and a cup of 1% milk
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do pumpkin oatmeal- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 c of Fiber 1 bran, 2 tbs pure pumpkin, 2 tbs sugar free maple syrup, and 1/2 c almond milk. It's awesome fills me and gets me going. Put all in as you make your oatmeal normally ect maply syrup and almond milk. I make mine the night before so I can heat it up at work for breakfast.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast (and perfect for a dorm room fridge without having to really do anything) is a bagel thin (110 calories), a laughing cow light cheese wedge (35 calories) and enough turkey to bring it up to about 200 calories. Sometimes a tomato or pickle as well.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I prefer to have an omelet stuffed with veggies, a little thin sliced turkey, and some salsa on the side. But usually my most convenient breakfast is instant oatmeal.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I make oatmeal and then melt a serving of honey peanut butter into it - it's good with walnuts too
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You will think this is soo gross, but a trainer gave me this recipe and I eat it EVERY morning
    1/2C cottage cheese
    1/2C oats not cooked
    1tbsp. cocoa powder
    1tbsp. peanut butter
    Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
    If its too thick add a touch of water until the consistancy you prefer..i SWEAR it tastes like a no bake cookie!!! Sometimes i put a squirt of maple syrup on it too!!

Yum, thanks for posting..definitely will try this one!!

YUM! Looks good, I will totally try.

I make quiches in larger muffin tins. I put them in small ziplock containers (the ones that say they're for 100 calorie snacks are the best) and zap them for 2 minutes in the microwave. I usually do veggie and cheese. So easy, I make them on the weekend for the coming week. My newest creation is spinach, broccoli, tomato and feta. I make a whole wheat crust, put it in the bottom. some healthy carbs, protein, and veg. Yum!
  • PythagorasStorm
    PythagorasStorm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound so complicated! I have this every weekday (and weekends when I work). Half a cup of rolled oats, one cup low fat milk, squirt of golden syrup. I find this fills me up much more than cereals etc. Also its easy to just throw in the microwave for a few min and its done.
  • Jojo1859
    Jojo1859 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! With peanut butter! or fruit! or brown sugar! So many options when it comes to oatmeal!
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    stealing this for ideas ! :) Good luck. I am a hard and fast fan of slimfast shakes fro breakfast
  • la_faerie
    Options
    My favorite morning foods include natural peanut butter on whole grain toast or tortilla, cottage cheese with sriracha mixed in, whole eggs, turkey sausage, plain whole oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in (my favorite), fresh whole fruits, and greek yogurt with some cinnamon and cut up fruit in it. Combinations of these are basically what I eat everyday, it just depends on the amount of time I have in the morning
  • 1. Oatmeal (Get the individual packets, so you get a variety of flavors, a pre-measured amount, it's quick, it's healthy, it's a good portion)
    2. Fruit Smoothie (I always make mine with 1 banana, some frozen strawberries, and some milk or fat-free vanilla yogurt. You could also add frozen blueberries, frozen peaches, frozen raspberries, or whatever you like. I try to make sure a banana is included to make it sweet without having added sugar. Sometimes, I also add grounded flax seed. I have a bullet blender that is great for making these because they have the containers with a handle, so you do not have to go through the trouble of pouring your smoothie into a glass. A regular blender works, too)
    3. Yogurt Parfait (1/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt, 1/3 cup granola, 1/3 cup fresh fruit)
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In a small saucepan I saute one or two cloves of garlic in a T of olive oil, add half an onion, two or three mushrooms, some different colours of bell peppers, broccoli or zuchinni, a tomato...then I pour two beaten eggs over it, crumble some feta cheese over top and cover it for four or five minutes so the eggs cook (all the fresh veggies add a lot of steam) then I top it with some fresh basil leaves....or sometimes fresh dill....then cook it for a couple more minutes...I'm a slow cook and this probably takes me half an hour, but I enjoy my coffee, the beauty of fresh veggies and the knowledge that I'm starting the day with my own health as my priority...before I wake up my kids for school and get into the hectic business of living.... I used to like starting the day with oatmeal, but I wanted to make sure I was getting as many servings of veggies as possible before eating other stuff....
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP :heart:
  • 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These are quick and easy!

I only have 1 day a week (if I'm lucky) to eat a "real" breakfast of eggs, spinach, tomato & rice cheese. On the rest of the days, I have 2 favs that I turn to. Another variation isscrambles egg whites with spinach and smoked salmon

1 - Chobani Greek Yogurt (plain), 50-75g blueberries, a little cinnamon to taste & if you need the xtra sweetness a little Sugar in the Raw. Add a scoop of Optimum-Gold Whey vanilla protein powder

2 - My other fav is Bakery On Main Instant Gluten Free Oatmeal, I mix in 50g blueberries & a shake of cinnamom. Try Glutenfreeda Instant Oatmeal and add a scoop of Optimum-Gold Whey vanilla protein powder

Both options are filling & healthy - the reason for the cinnamon is to help regulate blood sugar as well.

If you workout in the AM, add a good protein shake (I like the pea proteins since I can mix with water & not add xtra calories) or keep raw almonds to snack on.
    [/quote]
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    one serving of steak ums, 2 pieces of toast, 1/2 egg whites = 260ish cals and delicious! Throw in some green peppers, onions, and tomatoes!
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I usually eat toasted whole grain bread or 12 grain bread, peanut butter and banana. But lately, I've been on a oatmeal kick, so I been having 1/2 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon and then cup of yogurt. I try to drink at least 16 oz of water before I leave for work. I also keep protein meal bars around just in case if I'm running late and fruit cups.