Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any one reccomend a great crockpot recipe?

Replies

• mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Salsa Chicken

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Packet Taco Seasoning
    1 Cup Salsa
    1 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
    1 Can low fat cream of mushrrom soup

Place Chicken breasts in crock pot, sprinkle with the taco seasoning packet, place salsa, sour cream, and soup on top and cook for about 8 hours on low. When it is done, shred the chicken and serve over noodles or rice.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Bump
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Bump. Loving these crockpot ideas.
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    I'm going to try this!! thanks :)
  • ces921
    ces921 Posts: 17 Member
    bump
  • starfishme81
    starfishme81 Posts: 33 Member
    check out www.skinnytaste.com I am currently making the pork carnitas slow cooker recipe and they are fabulous. My family loves it. I have also made the chicken pot pie soup and again it was good. She has easy to follow low fat recipes. Good luck!

I second her page. I have tried several things (including the CP meals) and they are all delicious!

Skinnytaste is where it is at. Never made a bad recipe off this site and it is husband and friend approved!
  • dayaisy
    dayaisy Posts: 25 Member
    super easy chicken recipe...roll up three balls of tinfoil fairly decent size....put them in the bottom of your crock pot surround them with chop onions, carrots, garlic potatoes if u like. place a whole chicken on top of the tin foil and season as u like. Pour low sodium chicken broth around chicken to cover veggies, I also add a splash of white wine ... The tin foil works great the chicken is raised up enough so that it doesn't completely fall apart... then I use all the left overs to make a soup the following day....
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    This is my go-to. The leftovers freeze well. It can get high in sodium quickly, so look for low-sodium beans and canned tomatoes. I make my own taco seasoning to cut down on sodium as well.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-taco-soup/detail.aspx

1 onion, chopped
    1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans
    1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
    2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
    1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
    3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
    sour cream (optional)

1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
    2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
  • sassmo
    sassmo Posts: 21 Member
    bump. You're all making me hungry!
  • bump
  • bump for later!
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Crock Pot Recipes

She has a lot of really good recipes. I've made a few things of her's so far and all of it has been pretty good.
  • bump
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    bump for later
  • KRG72
    KRG72 Posts: 9
    Is there any thing you dont like or won't eat? I have a Crockpot Cook book with many different items. Any thing thats your Favorite?
    Some I have tried and really enjoyed.
    Let me know.
  • dmc65
    dmc65 Posts: 2
    My mother has been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease as a result of her diabetes. Being that I need to lose weight and am doing my best not to become diabetic, I have been trying to cook healthy for the both of us keeping in mind her diet restrictions. I found the following recipe on Davita.com not knowing how it was going to taste but was very pleasantly surprised and it couln't be more easy. I was concerned there would not be enough fluid but was quite suprised to see how much juice the onions, apples and meat produced. We cook in advance and separate into portions refrigerating and/or freezing what is not being used. Hope you enjoy!

Slow Cooker Apple Pork Roast

Ingredients:

■2 medium apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges.
    ■1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
    ■1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ■3-pound pork roast
    ■1/4 teaspoon salt mixed with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    ■1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    ■1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste

Preparation:

1.Place chopped apples and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
    2.Rub pork roast with salt and pepper.
    3.Place roast on top of apples and onions in slow cooker.
    4.Pour applesauce over roast.
    5.Dust with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, or to taste.
    6.Cook on high heat setting for 4 hours.
  • tv1123
    tv1123 Posts: 2
    bump for later
  • grandmagege
    grandmagege Posts: 42 Member
    Awesome site THANK YOU !!!!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Teriyaki chicken:
    3 chicken breasts diced
    1 large can pineapple chunks and juice,
    1 onion chopped into chunks
    1/2 bag baby carrots
    3/4 c favorite teriyaki sauce (watch the sodium!)
    1 green pepper diced

Serve over rice or quinoa.

Got this in the crock now- hope the power stays on til its done =/ We are in Sandy's path- and hoping for the best.. and a decent meal apparently lol
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    saving for later!