Slim in 6 group starting monday morning, 1/11/2010!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Running in my area right now is a pipe dream as we have ice everywhere, all the time, and probably will for at least the next 2 months. I don't have a gym membership, and I really don't want one either.
So, I have this copy of SI6 I've occasionally played with, but I've never gone through the entire program. I am hoping that the general conditioning will help carry me through until the running season starts back up. Plus it will prepare me to start training for p90x.

So, if you're interested, please join!

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    You should definitely do the entire program for six weeks. You'll love how you feel!

I've done it twice. I started my second round in August, and I've been using it and Power 90 since then. I've also done P90X. In some ways, SI6 is harder — at least it was for me.

Have fun!
  • msarro
    Options
    Yep, that's the goal! I figure it'll carry me through until the end of february when it should hopefully be warming up a little. Plus I figure if we have a group going, it'll give me some accountability :laugh:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I just started Slim in 6 back up on January 1st - but I'd be more than happy to stick through for an extra 2 weeks and be a workout buddy with you!

I too started when Jill did in August (but I didn't finish the first 6 weeks like she did) and my husband was working out with me. He kept his weight off (I did not).
  • PJilly
    Options
    When are you starting?
  • PJilly
    Options
    When are you starting?
    I guess I could read the subject line and figure that out! :tongue:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Are you asking me Jill? I started New Year's day. I believe this group is starting 1/11/2010 (look at your topic sweetie) :bigsmile: :laugh:

You're making me smile today! :bigsmile:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    And that is why I :heart: you! Do you want to join in on another 6 week challenge with us? That way when I win the biggest loser challenge you can say you gave it an honest attempt....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • traceygilkes
    Options
    What is it and how do I join?:smile:
  • msarro
    Options
    Well, Slim in Six is a beachbody work out program dedicated to losing weight. Basically its 6 workouts a week (with an optional stretching routine on day 7) for 6 weeks. To do it you'll need to either buy the workout plan, or find a friend who already has and is willing to share :)
  • PJilly
    Options
    And that is why I :heart: you! Do you want to join in on another 6 week challenge with us? That way when I win the biggest loser challenge you can say you gave it an honest attempt....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Six days of Burn It Up for four weeks? Ha! I think not. I paid my dues already. :happy: I'm liking the Cardio Core/Ramp It Up/Power 90 Sculpt 3-4 rotation I've been doing. It's working well for continuing with the fat loss while giving me more strength training than straight SI6. I'm not sure what I'll do after I feel like it's time to change it up again or how soon that day will come, but for now, this seems to be working for me. I'll totally cheer on, and commiserate with, everybody doing the six-week program though! I still remember cussing at Debbie my first couple of days doing Burn It Up. :laugh:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    It was worth a shot! :wink:

I'm so glad that you've found what works for you. I'm not sure if I may be ready for BIU or not. I'm not finding RIU all that challenging (like I did in August) I'm really not quite sure why - but I still break a sweat and get short on breath so I must be doing something right (plus the scale says I am)
  • aag1030
    aag1030 Posts: 25
    Options
    I bought the Slim in 6 set in July & haven't been dedicated enough to do it 6 days a week so I haven't gotten past Start it up - but you guys are scaring me with your talk of Ramp it up & Burn it up!!!

I did try the Cardio Core the other day and wanted to DIE!!! lol...

I love doing the Slim & Limber every night - whether I work out or not.

My boyfriend & I just joined a gym but I'm still doing SI6 at home - alternating my gym days with it. I do love the workout I get from it... but I'm now a lil scared of moving past the 1st video!! Thanks Lisa & Jill :wink: lol
  • traceygilkes
    Options
    How do I join?
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Hey there!!

I would like to join. I did 5 weeks back in July but didn't do the last week because we ended up going out of town..

I just recently started doing BIU a few days here and there but would love to do the 6 week challenge.

Thanks!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay! I just started si6 last week from disc 1 (I tried the last workout a few months ago and about died)
    So now Im starting back to disc 1!!
    My set has 2 dvds with 3 workouts + the two slim n limber/ slim n 6 pack.. is this all there is? If so would that break down to about 2 weeks per workout??
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    How do I join?

You can join through Beachbody directly or through a Beachbody Coach like myself or there are a few others on this site as well. My website is below - you can check it out. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ps. How do you track si6 in your exercise diary??!!
    Ive been doing it for just 15-20 min of general aerobics.
    (I dont have a HRM!)
  • aag1030
    aag1030 Posts: 25
    Options
    Ps. How do you track si6 in your exercise diary??!!
    Ive been doing it for just 15-20 min of general aerobics.
    (I dont have a HRM!)

I was wondering the same thing!!! I put it in as general aerobics too... not sure what else to put it as unless I sit and count out every rep of every lunge and all that ... ya know?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Yay! I just started si6 last week from disc 1 (I tried the last workout a few months ago and about died)
    So now Im starting back to disc 1!!
    My set has 2 dvds with 3 workouts + the two slim n limber/ slim n 6 pack.. is this all there is? If so would that break down to about 2 weeks per workout??
    It depends on how old your DVD set is. I bought mine in early 2008, and that's all mine had. Then I loaned my DVDs to a friend whose home got broken into, and all her CDs nd DVDs were stolen. I was bummed at first that I had to replace Slim in 6, but now I'm so glad I did. The second DVD also has Thin Thighs Guaranteed (tried it once, didn't care much for it) and Cardio Core Express (which I love!).
  • PJilly
    Options
    How do I join?

You can join through Beachbody directly or through a Beachbody Coach like myself or there are a few others on this site as well. My website is below - you can check it out. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Yep, I'm a BB coach too. We're everywhere! Nice to meet you. :smile: