Slim in 6 group starting monday morning, 1/11/2010!

Options

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on doing it through BB, just on here since I got my DVD's second hand. Guessing they're probably old? I don't even have documentation! Hahahaha. Oh well, I was able to find a calendar some time ago showing the schedule so thats what I'll be following. Are the slim-and-limber and slim and six pack optional things to do when you feel like it? Kinda getting excited!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    The recommendation is to do Slim & 6-Pack three days a week and Slim & Limber as often as possible. (I do it after every single workout because it feels so good.)

You can sign up on Beachbody for free even if you haven't purchased any of their products. If you do your workouts online in real time, you're entered into a drawing to win cash up to $1,000. They randomly select one person each day. I've never won, but I keep trying! A friend of mine won $300 about a week after she signed up, the brat. LOL. You'll get some BB e-mails if you sign up, but you can always opt out any time you want. They're really good about that.

Here's a link to sign up for free (you can also sign up to be a club member, which is $38.87 a quarter, but I'd suggest checking out all the free stuff first — you can always upgrade if you want): https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062
  • msarro
    Options
    The recommendation is to do Slim & 6-Pack three days a week and Slim & Limber as often as possible. (I do it after every single workout because it feels so good.)

You can sign up on Beachbody for free even if you haven't purchased any of their products. If you do your workouts online in real time, you're entered into a drawing to win cash up to $1,000. They randomly select one person each day. I've never won, but I keep trying! A friend of mine won $300 about a week after she signed up, the brat. LOL. You'll get some BB e-mails if you sign up, but you can always opt out any time you want. They're really good about that.

Here's a link to sign up for free (you can also sign up to be a club member, which is $38.87 a quarter, but I'd suggest checking out all the free stuff first — you can always upgrade if you want): https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062

Welp, I joined :)
  • PJilly
    Options
    Cool!

Have you played around with scheduling your workouts yet? You can select your program (Slim in 6) and your start date (January 11) and have it automatically schedule all your workouts for you, or you can schedule them manually yourself.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am in. I did Slim-n-6 a couple of years ago and now I have regain most that I lost (had a baby and life).
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this group. Love this workout. I just did Slim N Limber. It is a 10 minute stretching routine. I am recovering from foot surgery and am limited on activity. But this one I can do with cast on and not compromise my healing. My goal is to do this one twice since I can't take part in the aerobic routines yet. Any other activities that are free or cheap will be appreciated. Thanks for the challenge. I will be checking in on the 11th!
  • PJilly
    Options
    So glad to find this group. Love this workout. I just did Slim N Limber. It is a 10 minute stretching routine. I am recovering from foot surgery and am limited on activity. But this one I can do with cast on and not compromise my healing. My goal is to do this one twice since I can't take part in the aerobic routines yet. Any other activities that are free or cheap will be appreciated. Thanks for the challenge. I will be checking in on the 11th!
    And doesn't it feel so good? I'm doing a hybrid of Power 90 and Slim in 6 workouts, but I do Slim & Limber after every single one of them, even P90, because it feels like such a treat!
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    It does feel great. I think I sprained my knee on the opposite leg of the cast for overuse. The stretching has actually been healing. Stay motivated this weekend all!
  • msarro
    Options
    Welp, I hope everyone is ready :) This starts tomorrow!
  • msarro
    Options
    Let me just say: ouch. My legs and butt hurt. I'm not a fan of lunges and squats - never have been. My legs are still shaky. Oh well, no pain no gain :)
    One day down, 35 to go!
  • PJilly
    Options
    You count funny. :tongue: On my calendar, six weeks is 42 days! :laugh:
  • msarro
    Options
    You count funny. :tongue: On my calendar, six weeks is 42 days! :laugh:

6x 6 days = 36 days :wink:

I'm only counting workout days!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    OK, that makes sense now! :happy:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I hope every one is having a good first day. I am on week 2 and oh my it is harder i forgot about the floor work on your knee or maybe I block it out. oh well 5 more weeks to go and I can't wait in till i can fit back into all my pre- pregnancy clothes.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I hope every one is having a good first day. I am on week 2 and oh my it is harder i forgot about the floor work on your knee or maybe I block it out. oh well 5 more weeks to go and I can't wait in till i can fit back into all my pre- pregnancy clothes.
    Some day are tougher than others, but you will be in such better shape and it'll be so much easier by the end of the six weeks. Keep up the good work! SI6 has been my main exercise since August, and I've slowly but surely lost 19 pounds. I don't do Burn It Up anymore, but I'm glad I did it for the four weeks during the program. I think it made me tougher. :)
  • msarro
    Options
    Out of curiousity, am I going to need exercise/resistance bands? I see the people with them in the videos, but like I said all I got were the DVD's. The bands I have are busted :grumble:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Out of curiousity, am I going to need exercise/resistance bands? I see the people with them in the videos, but like I said all I got were the DVD's. The bands I have are busted :grumble:
    You need either bands or dumb bells. I prefer dumb bells. The suggestion is to use 3- or 5-pound weights, but I use 8-pounders.
  • msarro
    Options
    You need either bands or dumb bells. I prefer dumb bells. The suggestion is to use 3- or 5-pound weights, but I use 8-pounders.

Hmm, sounds like I'm gonna need to stop at target one night. At least small weights are cheap cheap cheap.
  • msarro
    Options
    Done for the day!
    How is everyone else doing?

Pjilly, I didn't see your invite until this AM at work :( Either way, I am on EST, so it'd have to be a little bit... later? I think anyways.
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Just got mine in for today. Wasn't able to yesterday. Back to work after 3 weeks off. Did a modified version of Start It Up. (Have cast on for foot surgery.) I actually worked up a sweat, even with my modifications! I had more strength than what I thought as I have been basically on the couch for 3 weeks! Proud of all of you! Keep it up!
    (If you don't have weights you can use canned goods!):smile: