Don't know what to do about constipation

Options
12346»

Replies

• Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    psyllium seed husk (1 tsp alternate nights with milk) + lots of water + fruits/whole grain food

Worked for me!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Cook with a bit of olive oil, or put a spritz on your salad, you need some healthy fats.
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I try to eat "low Carb" I always start the day with two tablespoons of Benfiber stirred into my coffe. If I don't want coffe, I just stir it into a little hot water. It seems to take care of what was left over in my system the day before...without compromising today's nutrients.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too,because of my meds. Even if I eat alot of veggies and drink lots of water,still have problems.I found if you add flax to your food,drink some aloe vera juice or psyllium husks,that helps.Good luck,hope everything improves.,
  • sunnybug90
    Options
    I take an Acidophilus vitamin and it works like a charm on my digestion. You could try that if eating veggies/fiber just isnt cutting it.
  • MuggsyMooGoo
    Options
    Same here, I was NEVER regular until I started "shooting" 2 TBSP of Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's brand) every morning before I eat. It might take a day or two, but it will move...uh...smoothly afterwards - especially if you're consistent. Because it's a morning routine my movements are at the same time (10-15 min give or take), all day long. Even if I my eating habits for the rest of the day aren't so healthy.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the posts but here are several foods to avoid... Physicians call this the BRAT diet. It's used for children who have diarrhea. Banana's, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.
    Also stay away from Cheese!

Broccoli is good and I did see someone mention Activia. Have you had a colonoscopy?
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me is to drink a big glass of water right before bed and first thing when I wake up in the morning. I drink tons during the day, but I always seem to get a bit dehydrated at night.
    Magnesium Citrate works for me to clear everything out, but it doesn't get to the root of the problem. The senna tea works well too, but sometimes I get really dizzy and throw up when I take it. I took physillum husk at the suggestion of my gastroenterologist for years after a bowel resection I had and that stuff is amazing, it made every poop perfect- I think I'm going to start taking it again.
  • hall0288
    Options
    Well, metamucil in water works great for me. A tablespoon of olive oil for really bad days!
  • michelleProv
    Options
    coffee and apple juice usualy do the trick
  • jlp4204
    Options
    I have always suffered from constipation until now.
    Try Flax seed.. I drink this smoothie each day and it's made a big difference for me.
    4 oz of Aloe Vera Juice. it's for digestion and has healing properties
    4 oz of orange juice or any fruit juice you like
    1 cup of frozen fruit medly - i get it at wal-mart
    1/2 cup for low fat yogart- I like vanilla
    1 tbs of honey
    1 tbs of flaxseed milled
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem for years :(
    So this is what I do... Yes water is a must... Apples are great I notice when I don't eat an apple a day I seem to slow down more..
    I also use Senokot its a vegetable laxative and is very gentle on your system... (it helps you to go, not forces you)
    I also drink a cup of tea either hot or cold, the one I like the most is by YOGI and it's called "GET REGULAR" works great...
    Whats great about this way is, you wont have to plan your day around a restroom... if there will be one close enough when you have to go, if ya know what I mean :0)
    I hope this helps you... it is annoying to have this situation but it doesn't have to be a problem...
  • Brodieno
    Options
    Sounds like you need more fibre in your diet. You can also use a supplement such as "Clearly Fibre" that works extremely well. It is tasteless and mixes with all liquids and can be added to almost any food. Available at most Health Food Stores and Pharmacies. This is a natural vegetable fibre made from chicory root.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem for years :(
    So this is what I do... Yes water is a must... Apples are great I notice when I don't eat an apple a day I seem to slow down more..
    I also use Senokot its a vegetable laxative and is very gentle on your system... (it helps you to go, not forces you)
    I also drink a cup of tea either hot or cold, the one I like the most is by YOGI and it's called "GET REGULAR" works great...
    Whats great about this way is, you wont have to plan your day around a restroom... if there will be one close enough when you have to go, if ya know what I mean :0)
    I hope this helps you... it is annoying to have this situation but it doesn't have to be a problem...
    Please keep in mind that "get regular" tea includes SENNA a stimulant laxative....
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I add Tbspoon of Benefiber to my coffe in the morning before breakfast. It has no taste, and doesn't feel grainy. Yet it does the trick for me.