What broke your camel

Options
People hear and see things about why they should lose weight all the time. You see thin friends, you see mourning shows, and your doctor may even had suggested it... But decisions always seem to come down to ONE EVENT that "breaks the camels back"

I'm curious. If you only had one sentence to describe "your broken camel moment" and set you on your weight lose journey what would it say?

I read a Facebook post from a colleague who lost 65# and is still losing

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Broken heart...the joke is now on her
  • donnabayliss76
    donnabayliss76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

aw hun, im glad u got the last laugh though xxx
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Laying a hospital bed, with tubes everywhere. My Dr saying "If you keep going the way you are you will be dead in 6 months or less"
    That was it for me.
  • Cassie8877
    Options

WHAT A DUMB B*TCH! lol yeah i would def say the joke is on her! :o)

um i think mine was when my husband left for deployment.. gave me something to work hard for...
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We had a meeting in a very old amphitheater room at the hospital I work at. I'd never been in the room before because it's steep and old and I tend to use the nicer rooms but we were in a pinch. The chairs were old wooden school desk style chairs with the desk that flips over your lap. It was built probably in the 40s or 50s and when I sat down I discovered to my horror that not only would I not be able to flip the desk closed, my butt didn't fit into the chair. I could just perch on the very edge of the chair. It was mortifying and I ended up spending some time crying in the bathroom afterwards.

I started working out and eating right a few days later and about two months later I was in that room one more time and I'd already dropped enough weight that I slid into the chair comfortably and while I could close the desk it was extremely uncomfortable - but it was a start.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Being concerned about my DH's weight and health and discovering I weighed two pounds less than he--and he's five inches taller than I!
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    The hump on my front.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant with baby number 2, the Dr told me I had already gained 20lbs, and I was at 219lbs.. that means that I was 200 when I got pregnant( I never used to weigh myself), I knew I hadn't lost the weight from the first pregnancy but I deff didnt realize I had gained more!! I knew I had to change, or Id be fat for my whole life. So I asked if it was safe for me to loose weight or atleast gain no more, she said I could safely loose and be ok as I was very overweight( Im just under 5'5).
    I got all the weight watchers info for free online, and started there and youtube...I lost a little, then stayed steady and only gained 20 more the rest of the pregnancy ( most of that was baby, he was 10lbs1.4oz) I was 242 going into the hospital to deliver....He just turned one on 9/14... I am hovering just above 160 now same weight I was before any kids.
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awful photos from vacation! I don't want to hide from the camera, I want my kids to know its important to take care of yourself, so many reasons but the biggie was those vacation photos. Ugh!
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My dh give me a not subtle hint that I lose the weight or lose him.
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Seeing a candid photo of myself.
    I did not know I was "that" big, the mirror lies, photos tell the truth!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Not fitting into any of the clothes in my wardrobe
  • cheekylemur
    Options
    I was out on a trip, and the client's elevator was broken all week. Between getting to the top of the stairs in such bad shape I was seriously considering whether I needed to call for help, and realizing I had bid a job that wouldn't have an elevator option, something had to change. I impulse joined a gym and decided to fix it and get myself healthier.
  • AngeK77
    AngeK77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went to see the Doctor to be perscribed Duramine, I told him look I've been on every diet known to man but I cant get enough of food. I love food, my family loves food, the world is obsessed with food!
    The Doctor then proceeded to tell me that it wouldn't work for me and that "oh I can tell just by looking at you, you probably have Metabolic Syndrome and you probably already have diabeties." What a nice man.

I had all the testing done but it freaked me out soo much that I didn't go back for the results for a whole month. That along with my recent seperation from my partner of 12 years could have sent me either way.

I instead joined a gym, cut out all the junk in my diet, started reading more about nutrition and meditation.
    Oh and ALL of the tests came back negative.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For me it was last January when I was told that I'm a T2 Diabetic.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A picture taken of me and my then 2 year old son, I knew that moment I did not want to ever take another picture with my kids where I was that embarrassed.
  • fallbrawl
    Options
    The fact that i can't wear half the clothing i used to. I was also rejected from what i consider a dream job because of my size.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awful photos from vacation! I don't want to hide from the camera, I want my kids to know its important to take care of yourself, so many reasons but the biggie was those vacation photos. Ugh!

This did it for me, as well. Those vacation photos with me looking like I had a rolled up sleeping bag strapped to my midsection was it.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Having to buy a size 26 jumper
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did not want to be the biggest sister.