What broke your camel

Options

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Broken heart...the joke is now on her

Kind of similar for me but not completely.
    I had started a pretty solid workout routine about a month or two before my X and I broke up.
    When we did break up, it motivated me to push even harder!
    Now when he sees me, his facial expression makes it looks like he's constipated and feels super awkward. haha. It's pretty hilarious.

Now I'm obsessed with working out and I do it all for ME!
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my mom took a photo of me sitting in her garden and put it on facebook... i was mortified, if i had seen it before i would have deleted it off the sim card! the photo is on my profile as a warning never to get that big again ( i was 204lbs), i said that day i was going to lose weight!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My dh give me a not subtle hint that I lose the weight or lose him.

Yikes - that must have been a very difficult and heart breaking conversation for you. :flowerforyou: and big hug.

For me - it was seeing photos from my nephews wedding. My husband is asian. There's only 2 white women (3 - the bride was white) married into the family. You'd think it would be easy to recognize myself in that crowd. When I finally recognized myself (by the clothes) I was was ashamed and embarassed of my appearance. So I'm working hard every day to change it. Some of my inlaws are fitness finatics so I'm sure they will take notice when they see me next.
  • PrettyInChiTown
    Options
    My boyfriend of 8 years left me. I knew I had to do something so I wouldnt die of a broken heart. Had to keep my mind and body busy.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was going to put on shorts one day and was too embarrassed to wear them... Light bulb !
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    My boyfriend started working out and I didn't want him to be hotter than me.

I'm very competitive.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ... being pre-diabetic at age 23 and being 200+lbs overweight.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    On a whim, I thought it would be fun to sign up for a pole dance class from Groupon. You have to wear tank tops and tiny shorts, and the studio walls are mirrored. I had NO idea how heavy I looked until I could see myself from all angles. I wrote on facebook that night about how I needed to lose weight and a friend recommended MFP. I joined a week or two later and haven't looked back since.
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mines really boring. I was painting my dads house, and he was paying me £600.. so the idea popped into my head that I'd ask him to not pay me a penny until I'd lost weight! I get £100 for 20lb lost and 40lb lost, and then the final £400 for 60lb(my goal).

I've been wanting to lose weight for years, but this is my latest and best motivation! :)
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    I split the butt out of my jeans.

So I went up a size. Split the butt right out of those some months later, too. I was in denial and didn't want to go up ANOTHER size, so I bought one of the same. Then refused to wear the jeans again, opting for my dress pants which were bought to be big so they actually fit.

I really missed wearing jeans. I hated wearing jeans. It was so uncomfortable. It hurt. I didn't like that it hurt.

25 pounds might not be a lot but I did lose a lot of inches due to exercise and whatnot. It made a difference. AND I'm back to the original size that I started out. Hopefully no more butt splitting.

Wait... that sounded bad.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    a picture of myself sitting in a lawn chair with shorts and a tank top...what the hell was I thinking...i couldn't believe how fat i was.
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    Systemic Lupus diagnosis at 35. Not being around to see my boys grow into men worries me.
    I need my insides to be just as healthy as my outside
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i turned 40 and was tired of the dryer shrinking my size 14s
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Not feeling beautiful on my wedding day.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I just started again after gaining back all or most of the weight I lost with MFP this Spring. This time around I am starting because my work clothes don't fit and I can't afford new ones, my running shorts look terrible on me, and my husband started getting serious about his health because he wants to be a cop. It's a lame excuse, but I gained weight after getting married in June in large part because I started eating like he does instead of how I used to. Now we are in it together, and that is very motivating for me. Plus, I have yet to hit my goal, even after getting within a few pounds back in May.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Seeing my photos from my 10 year high school reunion and realizing I didn't fit in my size 16 jeans anymore.

Something about that number 18 and my fat looking face in those pics led me here.

14906222.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jennyfrmtheblock801
    Options
    Realizing I had not only not lost any weight 3 years after my pregnancy but GAINED 20 pounds.
  • blanchette_j
    blanchette_j Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a photo of myself, I think, "That's not me!" It finally clicked that if I am a skinny girl at heart, I should be one on the outside, too.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My dh give me a not subtle hint that I lose the weight or lose him.

That's not right what ever happened to in sickness and in health - you were sick!
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest motivators was my husbands hot, beautiful, thin secretary at work. She looks great, and is about my age. So yeah, she was a motivator, the camel... but not in a bad way. I felt gross. I hated pictures of myself. In general, I just wasn't happy with myself and tired of feeling inadequate. I thought if she can look this good why can't I? So, here I am 33lbs lighter 2 lbs away from goal.