Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Cds309
    Cds309 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Boob shrinkage....and I mean *extreme* boob shrinkage.

I went from almost a very full D to a B cup. Although, now that they're smaller.....I've grown to like them much better this way. :happy:

Im al ittle upset because my boobs are shrinking and my feet but not much else. I dont wanna be stuck with a big belly and little boobs!! !lol But I guess the belly comes in time. Its always the last to go! Old stubborn belly!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    that so many of the young guys on the college campus will suddenly look appealing. Dont know if that is due to the increased sex drive from losing/working out, from being more confident, or from being relatively newly single.

But :love: :blushing:
  • sistershort1
    sistershort1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sistershort1
    sistershort1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a family member tell me about three years ago I looked like I had somewhat of a "bump" on my butt...when I got home I looked and really couldnt see it when I was fully clothed...later that night as I was getting ready for my bath I looked for it again...omw...I thought I had what looked like a small "tail". I thought about "Shallow Hal" the movie...his buddie had a little tail at the bottom of his spine he could wag...I thought "Oh no, I've got the "tail"...I laugh about it now since I am 95 pounds down and only 107 pounds to go on this journey...I guess this is the weirdest thing I have noticed...but oh the wonderful things I have noticed...like #1)I finally have a lap for my grands to sit on, #2)I can fit in my car seat belt, #3)I don't have to ask for a seat beat extender when I fly now, #4) I can finally fit in an amusement park seat for a ride, #5)I can park out in the parking lots of where I shop instead of parking in the "handicap" place, etc, etc, etc...I could go on and on...I too love my new body and all the changes I am experiencing.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have the tailbone pain too! It's not bad at work as long as I sit in the right position and get up every couple hours but if I have to sit in my car longer than an hour I have a hard time standing back up and my tailbone throbs for a few hours after. Trying to make sure I work my glutes to see if that helps keep me more elevated and thinking about investing in some sort of cushion...

I had this happen too and I found out it was from my spine being out of alignment. I started getting chiropractic adjustments and this pain is gone now.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ANYONE found there hip bones too? i didn't acually now i had hip bones! lol :blushing:
    and can i just say while on this subject....

These super skinny people they must be just made from all bone and have sooo many funky lumps and bumps about them!
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I feel taller and people say I look taller and my posture is so much better. I have collar bones and hip bones that took some time getting used to cause I sleep on my side.
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i notice the little bone on my wrist sticking out. never noticed that before. kinda felt good lol
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Just noticed I can see more of my wife now. :bigsmile:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    This past year has been a journey of self-discovery. Things I never noticed about myself when I was thin (I got plump after having ups and downs with money and not having enough food. It's amazing what happens when your access to food is taken away, and then give back to you!)

1. My elbows have nobs. These nobs hurt after prolonged time at the keyboard (which is unavoidable as I'm on a computer all day), so I have to put a jacket under them about mid-way through the afternoon.

2. Usual suspects: being cold, nearly losing my wedding ring in a restaurant, etc. (rather than get a ring sizer, getting my wedding and engagement ring re-sized is going to be my treat to myself when I’m at a healthy/stable weight! So that it’s something to look forward to, since I love that thing like woah!)

3. My car got bigger! (no, my butt just got smaller)

4. I'm smaller than I think I am, yet not proportioned as well as I think I am either. This means I visually see clothing at the store that makes me go, "oooh I want that!" get it in a bigger size, which doesn't fit. So I get it in a smaller size, which /also/ doesn't fit because my body shape is kind of weird at the moment. Lose-lose. x.x

5. Holy crap, I have hip bones (I can feel them when I lay down!)

6. Someday I'll have collarbones -- they're kind of there, but not yet!

7. I lose my knuckle dimples! Now I can see the tendons and bones and stuff. Not too sure how I feel about that.

8. Rather than lose my boobs (which I so desperately want to), I'm losing my butt. So pants still fit weird, with more of a sagging derriere. I'm hoping that when I'm done, this stuff will equal out.

9. Standing up straight, arms over my head, side view – I have RIBS. I have a good layer of fat still, so it takes some work to see them (and again, not sure I want to be able to, y’know, SEE them 100% of the time, but it’s good to know they’re hiding in there).

10. FEET and FINGER size loss! Which was cool! I can wear all my old rings now!! I think I lost 2.5 ring sizes so far. (although, y’know, that COULD have waited until all of the gut was gone… ;))

11. My eyes are bigger. O.O Well, technically, the fat smushing on my eyes is gone, but still! I like this one!!

12. The BEST part of this lifestyle change that no one could have warned me about is discovering that with more energy and ability to do things, that my husband and I would BE doing more outdoors-y stuff together. Vacations, hikes, you name it. It’s like getting set free from a prison I didn’t know we were in!

Some less than awesome changes:

I expected people to notice, and for the most part everyone around me has been very, very, VERY supportive, but no one tells you how to deal with the people that inform you that you look so good and that you couldn't possibly need to lose anymore. Nor are they convinced when I tell them that I'm still 37% fat! I carry it all over my body so my proportions look "normal", but my bones are still buried in fat. (Think the people off WALL-E) I know my body, and I know what's healthy and what's not, and I know what my measurements say. I've still got stuff to lose!

The most disappointing thing: No one tells you that clothing lies. It's not just that a size 6 in one store isn't a size 6 in another store, but that a size 6 today isn't a size 6 when I WAS a size 6. It's so discouraging to be able to get into a size 6 and then turn around and not be able to fit into a size 10. Because of this, I approach stores trepidatiously. It usually takes my husband to fish out stuff for me because my eyes tell me that nothing will fit, and when it does, I’m happy and excited! When it doesn’t, it’s darned depressing. I guess I should say that it’s not just clothing that lies, but my eyes.

Smaller people clothing is not always meant for bustier people. >:| I’ve pulled a muscle ‘cause of my chest recently so it’s gonna be time for a reduction when I’m all done. I’m tired of the weight!! As a result, though, pants will fit better but shirts won’t.

The HARDEST part is that I move, act, view and think of myself as bigger. I’m not sure if I think of myself as the size when I started, or just bigger. It’s like, my mental image is all warped and bloated. Some days are good – some days are bad. I’m hoping that as I get closer and stay there, that this will change.

Everyone talks about a “thigh gap”, but no one mentions a “calf gap”. My knees are far knobbier than I expected as my legs are slimming down. I don’t like (as others have mentioned) when I sleep on my side and they press against one another! My legs are working (I think) on this “thigh gap” which I’m not too fond of, since it’s brother the “calf gap” has made itself at home on my body. All I hope is that some of my “knobby” knee is fat and everything will sit closer together when I’m at a healthy, reasonable weight!! I don’t want no wind-whistling gaps!!

For all the pluses and minuses, though, I wouldn’t change anything. I’m a smaller, healthier, more active me!
  • shortcakemedic
    Options
    I have been donating mine to the local women and children's shelter. I don't ever want to get back in them again but I have been keeping the one size bigger. Afraid if I am having an off period then I will need them. So far I have been going strong since May but don't have a good track record.
  • _Brown_Eyed_Girl_
    _Brown_Eyed_Girl_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One thing people never tell you is how annoying it is to have to keep buying clothes and bras while you are still losing weight!

I need to buy new gym clothes constantly, because every pair of leggings I own falls down now when I run. I also bought a couple of really beautiful dresses when I was overseas recently that no longer fit me and I have a whole section in my wardrobe of clothes I love but can't wear anymore. Grr! :explode:

It's also really hard to adjust mentally to your new body, I still feel like my old fat self! I had a friend's 21st birthday last week and went into a store to find a dress. Immediately, I grabbed a size 14 and it FELL off me. I ended up having to buy the size 10 and was so confused (in a good way). :laugh:

The other thing I've noticed is definitely the extra bones. I was at work the other night and was working on the back counter in front of some drawers when I suddenly felt this pain in my hip and realised that I had bumped my hip bone on one of the drawer handles. My co-worker was pretty amused by my reaction.

Take your pretty dresses to a tailor and get them taken it :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I discovered I have a collar bone. ;)
  • shephard1996
    shephard1996 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Instead of my breast busting out all over all sides of my bra they fall out now. Time for a few new smaller ones.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes is expected and I've bought new jeans, workout clothes, shirts etc. but last week I was wearing a bra and it was driving me crazy the straps kept falling off and the entire thing was hanging funny. This is my favorite bra and you ladies know when you get a good style...I have it in 3 colors. I had accepted the gap between the cup and the remains of my boobs but I couldn't figure out what was going on with it. When I was undressesing and complaining my BF said it's too big around I think. I moved it to the tightest clasp and it was still too big. So while I should have known, it was a shock
    a good shock but still. Now the problem is a 40a is not any easier to find than a 42b. :sad: These are good problems to have.:flowerforyou:
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are great. Bumping to continue reading later.

I've only lost about 9 lbs so far since Oct 15th, so I haven't noticed anything really different yet. I only want to lose around 30-35 lbs total.
  • tiffsanta
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • meeperpark
    Options
    1. You will be cold. You will not remember the last time you were so cold. Did you move to the Arctic Circle and forget? You will suddenly stop caring about showing off your cute new size __ clothes because you want nothing more than to stay inside a Snuggle until April.

2. You will lose weight everywhere, even in places you didn't even think were particularly fat. This is sometimes horrifying.

3. Screaming "OH MY GOD!" in store dressing rooms when you fit nicely into a size L (OMG no X's!) is considered a faux pas.

4. Necklaces, bracelets, shoes, even haircuts fit differently.

5. It takes a long time to forget how it feels to have a larger body. I still feel self-conscious moving past someone in a theater aisle and don't know if that will ever change. I have not yet flown or ridden a bus since losing weight -- we'll see if I still sit like a person who is nervous and overly conscious of her size.

6. Not everyone will be happy for you. You might be surprised who these people are. And you will know exactly who these people are.
  • snapehbp
    Options
    I have read every post and have thoroughly enjoyed them all!

The one thing that surprised me was that my shoe size, particularly with heels, has gone down! Didn't think I had fat feet but I notice my tennis shoes are tied tighter, heels are floppy in the back (nooooooo!!! My favorite heels need replacing), and I am starting to see "boney" toes (top view if foot).

Replacing clothes, although fun, is getting expensive!