Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    1. My kitchen counters are at hip bone height. My hip bones don't have much padding anymore. Granite corners are hard.
    2. Armpits get a lot more hills and valleys without all that padding. Nicking the pits shaving + deodorant = OMGWTF kind of stinging.
    3. It's cold.
    4. Underwear that is too big for you is a much more serious problem than it sounds like it should be.
    5. Finding clothes that fit and look good is still a problem, even when you're "thin". Don't believe the hype.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this, I have a few.

My rings went from a size 10 to 61/2!
    Shoes went from 11W to 10 (yeah, can't do much with big feet)
    I LOVE that I can feel my clavicle!
    One night huby cuddles me, and was feeling my side, I said, Yep, those are actually ribs!
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    I haven't lost much, and I still have a lot to go, but how excited I get when the scale is even the tiniest bit down from my previous lowest weight! It's always a mini dance party in my bathroom!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! Lets see I've lost 66lbs, still have a ways to go but here goes:

1. Not seeing the weight loss
    Being smaller :embarassed: i was at a small restaurant recently and had to walk between two people who had a small gap between the backs of their chairs. I even said to hubby i dunno if i can fit >.<. But dang i not only fit, i didn't even touch the chairs as i walked by :bigsmile:

2. I keep looking at my now much thinner fingers
    Im easily down a ring size and have started wearing my smaller size. Rings i used to wear on my ring fingers now fall off my middle fingers.

3. Shoulders
    I see the difference in my shoulders. They're less boxy

4. My profile
    Looks waaaayyyyy better

5. Space
    Hubby & i both can do food prep in my city Barbie doll sized kitchen. Before we'd always be banging into one another.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    1. My shoulders are now wider than my hips making me an inverted triangle shape.
    2. I lost my butt and had to start squats to get it back again.
    3. Thirsty more often.
    4. Hungry more often.
    5. When bending over or sitting I feel like still have a gut but I feel and its not there.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of things posted. My shoe size stayed the same and my wedding ring does need to be resized but not by much.

Not really a weird thing but I can lay on my side on the couch and my boxer can lay with me. 150 pounds ago there was only room for on or the other of us :bigsmile:
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When taking photos my mind still goes to "suck in that belly" but then I realize I don't have to much anymore
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I used to have to suck in my chin so I could minimize the double chin action going on in most of my photos. My most recent progress pic, I didn't do it, because I didn't think to, and no double chin or saggy neck at all in the photo.

Also, for me, nothing beats going down a dress size and donating all the stuff that's too big.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The other night my 1yr old grandbaby was asleep in my lap, up against my chest. My dog decided to join us and jumped up into my lap as well, behind the baby. They both fit in my lap! amazing!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I first got in really good shape I was feeling my abs (poking them here and there) and I felt a lump on one side by my lower rib but not on the other. Turned out to be a benign tumour but it was scary!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Underwear! Underwear that's too big is a problem. They fall down INSIDE YOUR PANTS. And how the heck are you supposed to pull them back up without attracting attention? You can't.
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I saw grey hair where I didn't want to.
    Oh well don't feel too bad about that! I'm a red head and well I've found white hair where I didn't want to for years and I'm only 31 and not a gray hair on my head!
    HaHa Salt & Paprika mostly salt now.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Me too on the rings! My wedding ring is now perilously loose, and I've only lost 20 lbs since my wedding two years ago. Money is tight so I haven't been able to resize it and I already lost it once in the snow this past winter and (miraculously) found it a week later when things thawed out. I'm thinking of wraping it in string or something so I can at least keep it on my finger!

Get some ring snuggies. http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Snuggies-Original-Adjusters-Assorted/dp/B0014DGXU8
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not having any idea where to even begin looking when you go clothes shopping. I hate shopping and won't go into the dressing room more than once. The first time this happened, I gave up after wandering around a couple stores trying to decide what I should pick up/what styles will work.
    lol I've always had a big smile, but now all I see in pictures is teeth! lol
    Shaving under my arms is a little trickier now that the space isn't flat with fat, but goes into.....my body? lol Idk.
    For me, though, the hardest part is my brain not yet seeing so much change. I see that I have changed and lost weight and that I'm smaller; I know this. But when I look in the mirror, I see the same shape and my eyes go first to the areas that still need work, so that's all my brain is recognizing. It will one day. I know it :)
  • MauxFaux
    Options
    I have Diastasis recti and had no idea until I noticed a dent in abs. My kids are 7 and 9, the dent has been there for a while, all covered in padding.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump

btw, I haven't lost a ton of weight yet but I'm currently wearing dress pants that I can take off without unbuttoning. There are about 5 inches of extra space. I could feel them slowly drop as I walk down the hall to go to the bathroom. I remember last year when I bought them they made my legs look like sausage links.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Went in for my annual mammogram this year and got the call that there was an issue and I had to go back for a more extensive mammogram. While there the tech doing the exam casually asked "have you lost a significant amount of weight?", I told her I had lost (at that time) almost 100lbs. Turned out that the weight loss showed up as an anomoly in my mammogram. Though it would saved me a lot of extra grief if they had just asked that question during the first mammogram.
  • Pantherfan44
    Options
    My hand went to rest on my side and for a second I was like...woah, what is that? I have some kind of weird lump there, on my side and kind of around the back. After a few moments of poking there and on the opposite side I realized that of course it was my rib.

I had this same thing just a few weeks ago, but with me it was my hip bone!

It does make sense but I didn't think about going down in bra size. I was riding my motorcycle and it got darn uncomfortable going over some railroad tracks!

I can totally relate to the bra size, It is the worst downside to weight loss mine virtually disappear :(
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    How people who never gave you a second thought now don't want you around when they go out or are jealous of you. I suspect this happens more with single women who lose weight than other categories of folks on this board.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Went dress shirt buying... Couldn't get my arms into the slim shirts. I can wear the old fat shirts or get custom made shirts.