Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options

Replies

• PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds..............met the ex-wife there:tongue:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Southern Comfort.

Yup. And Peach Schnapps. :sick:

And Tim Horton's cookies cuz I literally cracked a tooth on one of those suckers. :sad:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I got a really bad case of food poisoning from a pulled pork sandwich when I was 16, just the smell or sight of it now makes me gag.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't fry anything after at 17yrs. old I burned my eyebrows off in a bad grease fire. Baked is healthier anyway!
  • lisag2007
    Options
    Hard butterscotch candies. I choked on one when I was in the third grade and everytime I see one, that's what I think about. I would probably try it again, but don't guess I have had the opportunity.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Those little powdered donuts. When I was a kid, my nose was really small and always stuffed up, so I'd have to inhale before I took a bite of food. Yea, I'd inhale with the donut right about to go in my mouth, and the powdered sugar would seriously almost choke me to death. Still can't even think about eating them as an adult without my eyes watering... haha!
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Apple juice. I got sick in after school care once or twice from it. It looks like my son may have an issue with it too. Blech
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Goulash...I ate this once when I had a stomach virus...need I say more? ECK.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Jolly Rancher Vodka. Where you dissolve an entire package of jolly ranchers in a fifth.
    Five shots in ten minutes later. Then maybe a few more.
    Most hungover I've ever been in my life.
    I can't even drink vodka anymore let alone even smell jolly ranchers.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was scared to eat fin fish for a long time, due to choking on a pin bone, as a kid. Even now, when I eat fish, I'm very cautious about pulling it apart in small enough bites that I can check for bones. As I'm experienced with dressing raw fish for cooking, I would also rather be the one preparing it for home cooking, as I am the most careful (and skilled, in the house) at feeling over the flesh for bones and pulling them out with the needle nose pliers.
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I loved chunky peanut butter. When I was about 8, I had graham crackers with chunky peanut butter spread all over for lunch, and later that day threw my guts up. I ended up with a BRUTAL stomach flu-type thing that lasted a week, and consisted of puking until there was nothing left in my belly and hideous headaches that would get so bad I'd throw up more. I still don't know if I just happened to catch a really nasty bug, or if it was some intense food poisoning. :sick:

My husband told me that they make the chunky peanut butter by using the sweepings off the floor. He is obvioulsy a smooth guy.

:sick: :sick: Oh lord :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • alxinhim2
    alxinhim2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I was younger... I went to a Chinese restaurant with my family.. and they ordered a big platter of Sushi.

I love sushi... but I also saw a huge pile of ham on the platter as well.. and shoved it in my mouth... learning that it was NOT in fact ham... it was ginger.

Since then.. I cant stand ginger.. unless its ginger ale lol. YUCK
  • alxinhim2
    Options
    Jolly Rancher Vodka. Where you dissolve an entire package of jolly ranchers in a fifth.
    Five shots in ten minutes later. Then maybe a few more.
    Most hungover I've ever been in my life.
    I can't even drink vodka anymore let alone even smell jolly ranchers.

That sounds delicious
  • alxinhim2
    Options
    I got a really bad case of food poisoning from a pulled pork sandwich when I was 16, just the smell or sight of it now makes me gag.

OH MAN that stinks! I LOVE pulled pork. lol. I dont know if I could handle not being able to eat it.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ham lunch meat because I choked on it when I was about 5. I can eat ham roast, but never, ever the lunch meat.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    my brother made me a salmon sandwich when I was 5 years old without taking the bones out of it first and I choked pretty bad.....I haven't been able to eat any kind of fish ever since. I like seafood though I can eat lobster, clams, crab, shrimp etc. I always say if it crawls along the bottom I can eat it, but if it swims its off limit. lol

This. My dad's *kitten* made us a salmon mornae once, with all the bones in it still. It was disgusting and we werent allowed to have a drink with dinner or leave the table until we were done. It was awful!!!! Havnt gone near salmon since!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    This is gonna sound odd, but because I puked just shortly after eating a bowl of clam chowder, due to unrelated circumstances (i.e. caught a stomach virus from a friend's sister), I haven't been able to enjoy it like I once did.. Can barely stomach it.
    Just yesterday, my brother and I went to Red Lobster and as always, he ordered the clam chowder. I eyed the bowl, wanting to try some---and I did... but it just wasn't the same.

The same thing goes for the alcoholic beverage known as a blue motherf----r. I drank waaaay too much of the stuff and upchucked my soul the very next day---but because all I could taste and smell was some kind of blueberry or raspberry (it was fruity, okay?) liqueur coming up, it took quite a long time before I could stomach it again.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My husband wont eat greenbeans because his dad made him eat a can of them and aparently they where rotted because a mouse had gotten into it. His dad and my hubby both got ubber sick.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    CELERY!!! yuuuuuuuuuuuk, ate a piece and gaged because I had to pull a very long string out of my throat.....like a hair :sick: ewwwwwww...i cant eat it.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I haven't choked on anything.. But I have a REALLY hard time with fish.

I used to go on fishing trips with my dad.. We'd catch grouper, when we got home I went and cleaned myself up, and when I was done.. Boom. Dinner was on the table.

One day my dad and cousin (they were like, 25 & 18 at the time) let me play outside when we came back from fishing. So I got to see what happened to the fish between catching it and eating it.

They were slinging fish guts and making the heads "talk" while they sang the Fish Heads song.

Screwed up, man.