Being Deleted/Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know if I were deleted. I don't necessarily look AT my friend list, but at what people post and I see on my MFP homepage. It doesn't bother me if they did because at this point I really wouldn't notice unless I did comment on them a lot. However, now and then I do look through and send messages to people who haven't been on a while and I've deleted one person because the only reason they added me seems to be to try to sell me some shake thing.

I do consider deleting people who haven't been on for 6+ months and telling them if they return they can re-add me, but I don't think I"ll have the hard to when the time comes. I just want people who are trying or using my support. At this point, it's not like there's a limit on friends.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone. I don't know if I have been by anyone else. Not sure I'd even know how to check if i had. Or know who would of deleted me.
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lol I was just talking abouth this yesterday a lot of people have deleted me and I have no idea why :p
  • tmj2191
    Options
    I'll delete people just to get my FL to a multiple of 5.

:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • tmj2191
    Options
    Have you ever been deleted for no apparent reason, or even after you try and reach out to someone? I have. Has anyone DONE this, and what were your reasons?

Yes I have and usually I delete people because they are not active on here, or expect people to motivate them but do nothing in return.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Whenever you give support or (positive) comments but never get anything back.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long and have no idea if I have been deleted by anyone. And if I have, it doesn't bother me.

I confess I have deleted two people so far. One, I felt the motives were more self/product promotion rather than a sincere interest in learning a new way of life and getting healthy for the long run. The other was a personality clash, I guess.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I delete frequently for various reasons. Of all the people who have deleted me only one made me sad because he was awesome and had great information.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I dont want to be deleted and I dont delete anyone. Not nice! Plus I want as many friends as possible! Makes me feel like I have a lot of support behind me :)
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people that are never on or never interact with me. I also deleted one lady because she was really pushy about seeing my food log. If I wanted people to see it I would of made it public...
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted by a few people for no apparent reason! Tried to find out why and if I posted something to offend them, but no answer. Strange! I don't "play" on here too much, so maybe I'm boring? I don't know but I just try to move on. Now, I will delete someone if they have not been online for more than a month. Does that make me a bad person?
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Being deleted for no reason pisses me off.
    However, I have deleted, and made it clear why I was doing and wished anyone I deleted the best.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted & have deleted. The 1's I've deleted is because they haven't logged in for about 8 months. Dare say they probably won't be coming back.

The 1 that deleted me probably did so because I made a comment about people constantly every day putting what they lost DAILY or when they had a loss which was like every other day - which irked me because they never put if they had gained, now come on.....I'm sure they had gains so why not be true to yourself & log it when you did not just when you had a loss *rant over*
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I do it to clean it up too, in activity, non support or when I look at their diaries and they eat CRAP! and then post "why am I not losing" It honestly drives me nuts. Some people just irritate me, and I dont even know them! I delete the ones who "whorship" these people as well. ;))) Oh god dont get me started on the ones I see eating 500 cals and saying the have a eating disorder, or the ones who think this is a dating site!
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I delete people who burn 1500 calories in 30 minutes or who log 'standing' as exercise.

I deleted someone off my friends list who logged, brushing my teeth, doing my makeup and doing my hair as excercise!!! I mean it was like 2 calories brushing her teeth but seriously? Lol. And then she always talked about making out with her boyfriend and once I found out she was like 14 I was like okay DELETE. Lol.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I only delete if they haven't logged in after a week or they stop offering encouragement.
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WHO CARES!!!!!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    People come and people go. On the internet, it happens more often than in real life. It's just how it goes. I rarely take it personally.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I friend people and then realize they're notorious on the forums for being idiots or they are just collecting women on their friends list. I also just delete people who haven't logged in for a long time or don't ever talk... I like to keep a small friends list.

this too!!
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    I don't normally delete anyone, unless they PMO to the point where I just don't want to even deal with it. I have been deleted by people (especially on Facebook) because either I am inactive with some of the games or because I have an issue with something and have a tendency to be blunt about how I feel. Some people don't like honesty, but it's canny because they don't want to be lied to. I am better at writing than I am speaking, especially when it comes to relaying what I feel. I guess no matter how candy coated my words are, some just don't grasp what I am saying and take it as critisism when I am not being like that. I'm misunderstood. Always have been, and always will be. :) It doesn't bother me, though, when I am deleted. I love people and love making friends, but if they aren't willing to respect where I am coming from or take the time to ask why I feel a certain way, then they weren't really my friend anyway.