Did you marry your first love from high school or before

Options

Replies

• Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I married my kindergarten sweetheart! We "loved" each other throughout elementary school, "dated" in middle school, "hooked up" in high school, then went our separate ways for a few years... then found each other again and now we've been married for 2 years next week (10-2-10)! :) Couldn't be happier!!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yep... dated for 4 years, married for 14+. i love him more today than i did yesterday!
  • I married my kindergarten sweetheart! We "loved" each other throughout elementary school, "dated" in middle school, "hooked up" in high school, then went our separate ways for a few years... then found each other again and now we've been married for 2 years next week (10-2-10)! :) Couldn't be happier!!!

THAT IS TOO SWEET!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Started dating the week I turned 17. Got married 1 month after graduation in June that following year. Celebrated our 38th anniversary this past July. We have 2 daughters and our 5th grandchild is due the week before Thanksgiving.

He is my heartbeat, my whole life.

But he was not my first love, and I've thanked the Good Lord many times over the years that I walked away from that 1st one.

love this!
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Met my husband when I was 13 and he was 14. His mother was my music teacher. We dated for six years and married when I was 19 and he was 20. Three grown children later, and now an empty nest, we have just celebrated our 40th anniversary!
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Met in elementary school, "special friends" from age 10, started going steady at 16 (I wasn't allowed to date until then), engaged at 21 and married at 22. Three beautiful girls and 18 anniversaries later and he's still The One.

We've had a tough year with a major surgery for him but are so lucky to have each other - and they said it wouldn't last .....
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I had 2 kids from him and we were together from 13 years old till i was - 20 years old. No I did not marry him THANK YOU JESUS!
    33de6dcfa83db68b13741ca65bd2abad.gif

HAHAHA!!! What a great pic! :heart:
  • jaded011
    Options
    i didn't marry my first love from highschool.. but i got married while still in highschool.......

my first love... well. that lasted about 6 months and then on and off for a while.. then at 17 i married a navy guy and moved away.

years later, after i had left my husband, i somehow became best friends with my first love.... we now have a 3 year old daughter named Ava Levaeh (said Levay), we are not together- and he just NOW came back into her life, like, a couple weeks ago, after 2 years and 9 months of not a single email, call, text, or child support of any kind. he seems to be trying now, and i'm grateful. and praying he doesn't break her heart.. he broke mine a few times- lol.

so.. umm.. got married in highschool- but not to my first love. just ended up having a baby with my first love years after i got married to someone else LOL.. wierd life.
  • jaded011
    Options
    Met in elementary school, "special friends" from age 10, started going steady at 16 (I wasn't allowed to date until then), engaged at 21 and married at 22. Three beautiful girls and 18 anniversaries later and he's still The One.

We've had a tough year with a major surgery for him but are so lucky to have each other - and they said it wouldn't last .....

something about that- made me think of that song by trisha yearwood... she's in love with the boy...... the not being able to date until a certain age and said it wouldn't last, but, obviously it has...
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If so are you still together. How many years?

My husband and I went to the same high school, he was a grade below me. We had mutual friends though we never actually spoke to one another. I knew him as that stoner skater kid, he knew me as hot meghan. We didn't meet until 3 years after I graduated HS and graduated college and moved home with my parents. We met at a HS friends party. We dated for 2 years got married this past May. So. In. Love. Still.
  • sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I married my husband whom I met in high school, we didn't get serious til college, been together 25 years, 3 children and were still happy, and it amazes me how love can continue to grow after all these years. As we see our children becoming adults we are both awaiting with pleasure the time when it will be just us two again. Oh, been married 19 years.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I was a senior in high school when I met my husband. He was a freshman in college. We have been married for 11 years and have three beautiful girls:)

My first HS love though, no....its a good thing I didn't marry him. I am a Christian and he is agnostic:(
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Newp. He was kinda ****-ish, so dodged a bullet right there!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met while in high school (we didn't attend the same school though). We've been together for 16 years, married for 9.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    Yep. Got married at 18 (no I wasn't knocked up, haha!) Our 14 year wedding anniversary is in a couple months.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm marrying my crush from high school this summer. We've been dating for 5 years now. I can't REALLY call him my high school sweetheart since we didn't start dating until the summer after I graduated. He's my first boyfriend and he's set the standard pretty darn high. We have some very major differences (Republican Christian- Libertarian Agnostic marriage anyone?), but both of us have so many other things in common (love of science, boating, swimming, science fiction, music, video games, modeling hobbies, computers, animals, hiking, movies to name a few) that it only matters once in a great while.

Also awesome, we're both really flexible and both willing to learn. I'm learning more about Christianity from him and he's pretty much got a associates degree of science knowledge from me.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Married for 15 yrs. divorced 3 years ago
  • andreajorg
    Options
    Married my high school sweetheart. We have been together for 17 years and married for 14. We have 2 boys and are more in love than ever!
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Started dating when I was 15, he was 18. Got married in July, couldn't be happier. You don't get to choose at what point in your life God gives you your soul mate. Sometimes it's 15, sometimes it's 50. We got a lot of smack for getting married so young, but I knew I would never find anyone else so gentle, caring, loyal, forgiving, trustworthy and kindhearted. Never. We just decided that since we knew we were each other's life companion, we were going to do it right by getting married to go off to college together instead of just moving in together or something. We want our children to have what every child deserves, a stable home with a mother and a father who are married. I would never ever give up on our marriage. We're all human... every one makes mistakes and has flaws. But love has no conditions. :)
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Married my first love/high school sweetheart while I was still IN highschool! Springbreak, 1990. He is still my best friend and love of my life! Married for 22 years with 3 beautiful, smart and well mannered boys. Our oldest is 22 (yes, I was 'knocked up') and he is a senior at Purdue University, majoring in Anthropology. We also have a 15 year old and 13 year old.