Spreadsheet for BMR/TDEE Deficit, Macro calcs, HRM zones

Options

Replies

• Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice work - well done!

But still so confused about what I should be eating to lose weight! MFP recommends 1200, a dietician recommended 1350, someone else said 1700 and this spreadsheet recommended 2160 or so.....argh!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!
  • lemonfizzle
    lemonfizzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks and bump
  • lynzbeaner
    lynzbeaner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the spreadsheet my understanding of BMR and TDEE are vague, see here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide?page=5 however your spreadsheet has confirmed the daily calorific intake figure I'd calculated to maintain was correct after all.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Nice work - well done!

But still so confused about what I should be eating to lose weight! MFP recommends 1200, a dietician recommended 1350, someone else said 1700 and this spreadsheet recommended 2160 or so.....argh!

Did you do the bodyfat calc and use your results in the box?
    Then you are getting best estimated BMR.
    Did you fill in the activity calculator honestly for what you will really do?
    Then you are getting best estimated TDEE.
    The TDEG is based on amount to lose and type of workout, so best deficit to keep from undereating, but enough for fat/weight loss.

MFP is based off YOUR choices of activity level and weight loss goal - you made it 1200. When you follow the program and eat back exercise, now what level of eating would you be at?

Did dietician know your BF% and use it, and your intended exercise amount?
  • heybales
    Options
    Thank you for the spreadsheet my understanding of BMR and TDEE are vague, see here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide?page=5 however your spreadsheet has confirmed the daily calorific intake figure I'd calculated to maintain was correct after all.

Ya, strange that was almost copied directly from this without any reference to it, though a comment she found great topics on MFP about it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Some people do luck out that the 5 levels decently estimate their activity level. Most don't.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    This is wonderful! Thank you :)
    Keeping forever!
  • heybales
    Options
    This is wonderful! Thank you :)
    Keeping forever!

Do keep the link and check for updates to the ver date, most have been visual lately, but thinking about some other improvements to other tabs perhaps. Probably keep the Simple Setup tab since everything there based on studies.
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump...awesome! Thanks for sharing...
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Bump.