PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Obviously those people are not as photogenic as you are

very sweet of you,

but seriously, is it really magazines and tv that have everyone thinking they have to look like some kind of cartoon character..
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

very sweet of you,

but seriously, is it really magazines and tv that have everyone thinking they have to look like some kind of cartoon character..
    I don't think it's helped. I may really consider limiting my daughters access to magazines.

As strict as that is. I want her to grow up the perfect beauty she is. NOT with some magazine image of what she should be.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options

very sweet of you,

Like Jessica Rabbit? Got to be going for irony!
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Unfortunately that's the world we live in. There is this mindset by the media and everything about what is beautiful. Most people feel that they need to photoshop their pictures to look attractive. If people only knew that the media represents a small percentage of people. The majority prefer real. We find all different types of people beautiful. Differences, flaws, is what makes us unique and beautiful.
  • imchicbad
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...

you went way out in left field..............high ball. Thats not done on the computer im talking real life and no matter what its different than photoshopping it-, im talikg about erasing wrinkles, moles, brightening you eyes, slimming down legs and waist. making your eyes bigger- weird stuff like that, real make up and hair and clothes that are not computer. Im taliking about like a dating site---heres my photoshopped pic- then meet up and Brittney spears turns out to be carrot top, LIKE THAT!:huh:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    erm . . . sorry can't answer; laughing too hard.
  • imchicbad
    Options
    Unfortunately that's the world we live in. There is this mindset by the media and everything about what is beautiful. Most people feel that they need to photoshop their pictures to look attractive. If people only knew that the media represents a small percentage of people. The majority prefer real. We find all different types of people beautiful. Differences, flaws, is what makes us unique and beautiful.

yes i agree, we all have the flaw...thats is what makes us beautiful! absolutly true.
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The internet is a place where some people get to be anybody they want to be. I kind of like being me so I don't photo shop, but some people just aren't happy. I think we all choose the most flattering pictures of ourselves to put on line, so the person you meet in public still might not look the same. This picture of me was taken at like 3 in the morning, after 8 hrs of work, and about an hour of clubing, so it is honestly me.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    can I say that I did not read what you wrote. I saw your profile pic and opened it and stared like an idiot at it for like 15 minutes. All of us should be as lucky as you or at least feel like we are. This is not meant to be rude, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • imchicbad
    Options
    The internet is a place where some people get to be anybody they want to be. I kind of like being me so I don't photo shop, but some people just aren't happy. I think we all choose the most flattering pictures of ourselves to put on line, so the person you meet in public still might not look the same. This picture of me was taken at like 3 in the morning, after 8 hrs of work, and about an hour of clubing, so it is honestly me.

mine was 2 am on my birthday last year in the club lol...its the real me, and my boobs look enormous because of the angle...so oh well, im sure the smerky remarks are from that but oh well HATE IF YOU WANT TO,

my pictures are not photoshopped, and i have flaws that make me different. i think you look fantastic by the way. I just wonder how much computer world really is replacing reality in people minds...its crazy thats all.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So, we can agree that fake is fake, whether on the Internet or in real life? Are you suggesting that online fake is worse?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Im board too :huh:
  • imchicbad
    Options

very sweet of you,

Like Jessica Rabbit? Got to be going for irony!

Or Carol Burnette
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Is electronic enhancement more damaging to the minds of the youth over surgical?
  • imchicbad
    Options
    So, we can agree that fake is fake, whether on the Internet or in real life? Are you suggesting that online fake is worse?

....my point IS THIS..if you photosop the crud out of you pictures-then you look nothing like in real life.
    I look like my pictures...you look like your pictures- if we met we would like our picture not anime.

If you met some one and they sent a photoshopped pic, and they looked nothing like that...you dont think thats a little weird..
  • imchicbad
    Options
    To think that photoshop can contribute to eating disorders and such is a trip- or that perfection is what you HAVE to be is wrong, dont get me wrong people, lots of you have comment on my "boobs", there not photoshopped nor are they that huge lol, bad angle in the club, so lets get over that. I said nothing about boob jobs and who cares, im talking about the fact that when you photoshop every picture you have, your robing yourself of who you really are, I love the flaws in people - i think they make you who you are, some one said earlier it makes you unique. like freckles and croocked teeth. Why would you want to look like everyone else, and photoshop is out of control i think, yeah its cute to photoshop a pic or two- no harm done- but all the time to every single one...too much
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    for attention of course...but I don't understand it...i'm me and i'm handsome as I am lol...I guess some people would rather read comments about what they wanna look like instead of what they do look like..and yes..there are a lot of them
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I see what you're saying. I think. So, are photoshopped pics different than pics of someone with fake nails, false eyelashes, tons of make-up and hair extensions? Just throwing that out there as an example. Is there a difference, in your opinion?
  • ladynblu87
    ladynblu87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How do you know a picture is photoshop
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I like to drawl mustashes on people or had cute things is that what you mean? The answer is because its super aeesome sauce