PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options

Replies

• Julieta17
    Options
    I really can't take this thread seriously.

AGREED!!

Someone needed attention / compliments this morning :yawn:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have a constant battle with insomnia and work in a high tech related environment where I'm (obviously) at a computer all day. My eyes are always red, so I photoshop some of the redness out. I know, I'm fake and mean and evil for doing so... and no one will ever meet me and recognize me cause I PS my eyes. **sniffle**
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Some people Photoshop (myself included) to intentionally not look like themselves. I like to keep my r-life and e-life separate, and artistically-rendered photos allow me to still be me, but with improved anonymity. In an increasingly wired world, hiding isn't necessarily a bad thing; and not everybody wants their everyday faces plastered all over the Internets.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with the real you... Im just asking.:flowerforyou:

What was wrong with your real boobs? Same thing.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ^ so sorry to hear that. I can totally under stand the wedding pictures and removing a pimple or a scrape- and the photographer that comment- AH! thats exactly what Im talking about- although my cousin lives in lala land and distorts every picture- i my self have notice lots of others following the trend, like the photographer said you can clear the picture to enhance- key is to not alter the moment.

MY EXACT POINT. 20 years from now- if all your pictures were altered -photoshpped to the hilt, thats not you.
    Much like all the plastic surgery that alot of movie stars are doing to thier faces is upsetting really. I personally loved Sygorney Weaver and Sissy Spacik (spelling lol) and Meryle Streep, thoes woman are beautiful- and havent messed with thier face.

Photo shop robs you of a uniqueness and beauity, like when you fell in love with the way some one smiles for instance, and maybe thier tooth was chipped lets say, but you loved that moment- then the go photo shop it out-looses it beauity you know what i mean.
    thats what I was trying to say, and although I understan black an white pics, backrounds and removing a crape, thats not what im talking about. But everyone seems to be so concentrated on making my profile picture from last years birthday. And trying to pick me apart I do find hilarious, because im not fake. Just my nails and Victorias secret is the bomb lol.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I really can't take this thread seriously.

AGREED!!

Someone needed attention / compliments this morning :yawn:

Yes, I totally need complements... but don't limit them to just this morning :wink:
  • imchicbad
    Options

hater ---another one- i keep you employed dont i :yawn: :yawn:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I find this thread highly ironic.....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've removed some particularly horrible looking mosquito bites from my legs with photoshop. Wish I could do that in real life. :grumble: But otherwise, just crop, resize, sometimes adjust color or contrast balance. I'm pretty damn good with photoshop, but I don't see the point in doing it on here. Takes the fun out of actually improving if I just made my before picture look like an after!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Asking why someone would want to improve their pictures is like asking why they would cake on make up, lacquer on the fake nails, have any plastic surgery at all, color their hair, put product in their hair, and/or wear hair extensions.

:yawn: this line -you have repeated here due to lack of reading, is redundant and moot-:huh: my hair is real- color real,eyebrows and eylashes real- my son has the same beautiful eyelashes...lots of latinas are like me, but my nails are fake....and it was my birthday and even though my looks upset you-the make up is not caked on (thank you)and once again- my boobs are not that huge- its the angle, but haters just seem to want to hate...so feel free to hate, I said photoshop- not hate onme for my looks. I have not had plastic surgery.
    And you ASSume. If you could read a little you would get my point, if your trying to be"funny/offensive, please allow me to insert your foot in your mouth:smokin:

dang, it seems like you're convinced every comment is about YOU.

Maybe.......just maybe............they were just answering the question. Maybe everything in life isn't about you. Maybe.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

How does that make him, or anyone a hater? He might hate your surgeon but thats the extent of hate anyone would have regarding your fake bits.

I think people often misuse the word hater. I hate attention seeking girls/women/silicon filled "things". And yes, if you call me a hater, then this particular time, you would be correct!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Thank God for Photoshop.

I'm actually an Elephant, but I fooled you, right? Believe me, the tusk is hard to hide. And, ohhhh, the wrinkles?!
  • imchicbad
    Options

How does that make him, or anyone a hater? He might hate your surgeon but thats the extent of hate anyone would have regarding your fake bits.

I think people often misuse the word hater. I hate attention seeking girls/women/silicon filled "things". And yes, if you call me a hater, then this particular time, you would be correct!
    Oh your so sure they're fake....how do you know this ? Victoria has many secrets you know, besides they're not photo shopped. And your comments on my bits have nothing to do with the subject.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just as your cousin why her photos appear to be overly photoshopped, in your opinion....
  • Dub_D
    Options

First of all, Taunto, I am not a him lol Other than that, I agree with you.

Hate is not a word I would typically use for an avatar who types on MFP forums. I'm sure if I knew you as a person I could wholeheartedly say I hate you, but I do not.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    [Oh your so sure they're fake....how do you know this ? Victoria has many secrets you know, besides they're not photo shopped. And your comments on my bits have nothing to do with the subject.

I can't answer this question without being mean so I won't answer it.
  • My husband is very good with photoshop and really anything computer related and the only time I will ask him to photshop anything is if we have a Christmas card or something like that and I have a giant pimple on my face haha. I also use some filters on instagram, but not usually. I have no clue why actresses and models do it, most of them are grogeous without all the photoshopping.

I agree most models do not need to be photoshopped. It is not them that do it, though. I have done some small time modeling (before I gained weight!) and have never NOT had one of those photos altered in some way- by the photographer or whoever hired me. It's usually minor, like evening my skin tone, making me look less pink... and one made my butt look rounder :blushing:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My husband is very good with photoshop and really anything computer related and the only time I will ask him to photshop anything is if we have a Christmas card or something like that and I have a giant pimple on my face haha. I also use some filters on instagram, but not usually. I have no clue why actresses and models do it, most of them are grogeous without all the photoshopping.

I agree most models do not need to be photoshopped. It is not them that do it, though. I have done some small time modeling (before I gained weight!) and have never NOT had one of those photos altered in some way- by the photographer or whoever hired me. It's usually minor, like evening my skin tone, making me look less pink... and one made my butt look rounder :blushing:

I'm with ya on the less pink skintone. Any pic of me when it's cold out and my nose is so red I look like a merry drunk!
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    Yeah don't you just hate fake people?

LOL:laugh:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's as bad as those fake people that steal photos from Google image search and pass them off as themselves. (NOT the same thing as posting a pic of a model as a goal/inspiration and clearly stating that it is not you)