• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    "Tears On My Guitar" ~ Taylor Swift
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Against All Odds - Phil Collins

After one break-up with an ex who I was still friends with (we were together for years, and it wasn't a "bad" break-up...we just simply were no longer "in love" but still were friends), we decided to go out one last time to dinner, and this song came on. Talk about awkward! And then a year later, after I had been dating someone new, well, that one ended very badly...and since I was moving out of state and we attempted to remain friends and went to go out somewhere one last time, this song came on again. Again, awkward! It was especially depressing when each one said "this reminds me of you." Oh really? I can see one of them saying that...the other...uhh...you dumped ME, dbag. :laugh:

Moral of the story? Don't step into a vehicle with an ex, or you will apparently be bombarded by Phil Collins voice. :tongue:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd Saw a band at a night club play this song on our first date. Now whenever I hear it on the radio I think of him.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Eric Clapton songs...good memories
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
  • ifitkillsme
    Options
    I'm Gonna Miss Her-Brad Paisley

Laughing at this one! :)
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Forever by Kiss
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    aerosmith dont wanna miss a thing
  • when a man loves a woman - percy sledge :heart:
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The Ex - Billy Talent :drinker:
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    Happy Together by the Turtles
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    First person I THOUGHT I loved - California by Copeland, super depressing song though lol

First person I ACTUALLY loved (yes there is a difference) - Everlong by Foo Fighters
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    every breath you take - the police..

He loooved that song, so made me love it as well hehe
  • GaryRuiz
    Options
    THHEEE Andy Griffith show
  • taaaters
    Options
    Awesome songs!!!

Ok, question for those who weren't cheated on, or had a horrible experience to which they look back in hatred and utter disregard: (lol)

You know it's said that time heals all wounds and that you'll be able to think of that person and not hurt anymore?

How do you get to that point? How do you get to the point to where you can look at where you are in life, be grateful for your past, and not ever think about what could've been?

Just curious! Having a case of the mondays!

Time doesn't heal all wounds... it only heals some. Past loves are one of those things that sometimes can't ever healed by time; sometimes love lingers, sometimes regret lingers, sometimes the "what ifs" can be overwhelming. I think if you are lucky enough to meet the right person some of these feelings evaporate and you don't think back and wonder what could have been. Or sometimes you just think you've met the right person, you stop thinking about what could have been with your past love, then you find out the "right person" is, politely put, not the right person, and those thoughts start to manifest again. It's purely an individual thing - some people are lucky enough to be grateful about where they are and not look back. Others will always look back.

Anyway, mine is "Throw Your Arms Around Me" by the Hunters & Collectors.
  • PapaDunx
    Options
    15 and the school's foolish too-smart-too-fat kid. But, the best actor in the county.

After one production, the school's netball captain, Lisa Baker, asked me to dance at the prom (Leaving the school's head jock behind)!!!

I nearly pee'd myself with fear! Didnt mind acting the *kitten* in front of 200 parents, but potentially stepping on Lisa Baker's feet whilst doing the round-and-round dance, filled me with absolute dread.

The song was "Imagine" by John Lennon and it was the most sublime three and a half minutes of my life.

Then she thanked ME for dancing with her!!! OMFG!!

She is now Lisa Rooney and has 3 kids, hasnt left our home town and I have travelled for nearly 30 years world wide and every time I hear it, I have 3 minutes and 30-odd seconds of time travel.
  • GaryRuiz
    Options
    the andy griffth show on tv land
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Awesome songs!!!

Ok, question for those who weren't cheated on, or had a horrible experience to which they look back in hatred and utter disregard: (lol)

You know it's said that time heals all wounds and that you'll be able to think of that person and not hurt anymore?

How do you get to that point? How do you get to the point to where you can look at where you are in life, be grateful for your past, and not ever think about what could've been?

Just curious! Having a case of the mondays!

Time doesn't heal all wounds... it only heals some. Past loves are one of those things that sometimes can't ever healed by time; sometimes love lingers, sometimes regret lingers, sometimes the "what ifs" can be overwhelming. I think if you are lucky enough to meet the right person some of these feelings evaporate and you don't think back and wonder what could have been. Or sometimes you just think you've met the right person, you stop thinking about what could have been with your past love, then you find out the "right person" is, politely put, not the right person, and those thoughts start to manifest again. It's purely an individual thing - some people are lucky enough to be grateful about where they are and not look back. Others will always look back.

Anyway, mine is "Throw Your Arms Around Me" by the Hunters & Collectors.

Clearly you have a very good understanding about relationships, had the same pep talk from a friend who studies psychology...
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Almost Paradise
  • chosengiver
    Options
    Oleta Adams: Get here if you can