Your first love?

Options

Replies

• taaaters
    Options

Time doesn't heal all wounds... it only heals some. Past loves are one of those things that sometimes can't ever healed by time; sometimes love lingers, sometimes regret lingers, sometimes the "what ifs" can be overwhelming. I think if you are lucky enough to meet the right person some of these feelings evaporate and you don't think back and wonder what could have been. Or sometimes you just think you've met the right person, you stop thinking about what could have been with your past love, then you find out the "right person" is, politely put, not the right person, and those thoughts start to manifest again. It's purely an individual thing - some people are lucky enough to be grateful about where they are and not look back. Others will always look back.

Anyway, mine is "Throw Your Arms Around Me" by the Hunters & Collectors.

Clearly you have a very good understanding about relationships, had the same pep talk from a friend who studies psychology...

Experience can be a very good teacher :)
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    Um none. I do have a few that remind me of my ***hole exes. :grumble:
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Carrie Underwood-Before He Cheats
    Uh oh...
  • nessivjnat41
    nessivjnat41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Reasons" by Earth Wind & Fire!!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Oasis - Cigs and Alcohol
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm Amazed-originally by Wings, but in our case, it was the cover by Jem
    Valentine-Martina McBride

And in response to the "no longer reminiscing", it does happen! My first love and I broke up about 3-4 years ago and randomly got into contact last year. He came up to see me (he had moved out of state) and we hung out at my place. I thought I would still feel something, some spark or some inkling of love for him still, but I felt NOTHING. Not a damn thing. I felt bad because he did :/ But it was a crazy feeling to me that my first love, someone so important for that time of my life, had literally just become another person to me. But hey, that's the way life goes, right?!
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    innocence by sarah buxton

"and now and then i miss those days, but coming back to this place,
    i realize that it ain't him i miss, it's that young girl wide eyed first love one time innocence."
  • GibblesandBits8064
    Options
    "Far Away" by Nickleback or "Dear God" by Avenged Sevenfold when we broken up for awhile, but considering he's now my husband there are many other songs that make me think about him. Like Brad Paisley's "Then". Or our wedding song "Believe" by Joe & N'Sync. Yeah I said it:)
  • Blackbird16
    Options
    Korn - Coming Undone
  • 8Spokes
    Options
    We're high school sweethearts but what always makes me think of him is any Zero 7 song. <3 Reminds me of going out into the world together as adults; our first struggles and achievements. :)
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I turned 21 today, and I still have never had a first love, not even a high school sweetheart. =/
  • 8Spokes
    Options
    I turned 21 today, and I still have never had a first love, not even a high school sweetheart. =/

Don't worry, it's not a race. :)
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options

That's okay. No shame in that.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You're Still Here by Faith Hill

My first love was my late fiance who died 5 and a half years ago. There is a line in the song that goes "I heard you in a stranger's laugh so I hung around to hear you laugh again, just once again" that just cuts through my heart. Sometimes I'll see someone with a certain facial expression he would do and it comforts to see that again but also kind of hits me like a sledgehammer.
  • BlueGenius
    BlueGenius Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @frogz21 & @8spokes, thank you both for your words :) Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I can only pray the wait will be worth it!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @frogz21 & @8spokes, thank you both for your words :) Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I can only pray the wait will be worth it!

The good ones are always worth waiting for :] I fell in love with the wrong types until this year when I met my boyfriend and now I finally know what everyone means when they say the right one will come along when you least expect it. Love will find you too!
  • underthecherrytree
    Options
    Love Song-311
  • pussycat1997
    Options
    let me love you -mario
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bryan Adam's Heaven was 'our' song. Unfortunately he was an a$$hat so I can't listen to it anymore without wanting to call him and tell him that he is, indeed, an a$$hat.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Flat bottom girls - Queen

It's "FAT" bottom girls....LOL