how different are you from your online persona?

Options

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't always have women crawling on me, well only on the weekends! =P

Other than that I am pretty much the same in person as I am online.

27335446.jpg
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same in person. Though I type less compared to online interactions. And my mouth moves more.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm not as articulate in person. I spend a good amount of time editing the things I want to say in forums, trying to get the best message across. Also, since I like to have a lot of time to think about what I'm saying, there's a lot of 'um's and 'uh's in my speech.

I need to be more like you. I hate backspacing so whenever I feel like I phrased something wrong I just feel like "Ah screw it" and post it.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more open and honest online, more like myself. In RL there's really only my partner that I can fully be myself with. Yeah, there's friends and family that are close but not completely. I'm more shy offline.

Online, it's not anonymous, but it kind of is at the same time. I have a few RL friends on here but they never actually log on. I think if several people I actually knew were on here regularly, I would hold back with quite a few things. I like being completely relaxed on here.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely more flirty online but i'm equally as crazy (in a good way)!!!! :) xoxoxoxo
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Not different at all, I'm just as abrasive in RL! LOL
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Personality-wise, really no different.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm a total social phobe in real ife. But if I get comfortable around certain people my smart aleck self will emerge.
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am much less awkward and much more "the man" online, but it is me... At least the me i want to be
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    What you see is what you get. Pretty much live by this. No need to front in real life vs. online or vice versa.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I am very much a wise *kitten*, smart *kitten* & a little b&tchy in person. Okay, maybe a lot in person.. lol and i am VERY much myself on facebook, because i have some very close friends on there i have had over 6 years now.. that i STILL talk to every day. I am snarky, silly, i laugh A LOT and i love to give shiz.

On MFP, i am a little more reserved, because this is a place where a lot of people are putting a very sensitive situation out in the open for people to (even though you arent suppose to) judge you.. because that is what 90% of people do. Judge. So i try to be a little more sensitive about that..

However, I dont take shiz from anyone. I can take if you say.. "hey more veggies needed!" or.. "where is the water today?" but dont cram down my throat that im killing my body, and that i ate too much cake or had too much beer on my cheat day. Dont tell me that because i drink beer, im a bad person, and you are *worried* for me. Thats crap.

So all in all, im still "me" and always have been.. (ironically, my profile says to "find me again") lol.. but i think the more weight i lose, the more i feel more comfortable in person being myself.. who i really am.

Make sense?
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I am just as goofy, silly, dorky and flirty offline as I am here!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Same ol' me. Just as reserved and shy online as I am IRL :laugh:
  • mindirella
    Options
    I'm more insecure and shy in person.........................
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    im totally different....online im the outta shape guy you see to your left with a dull personality , no money and no girlfriend....in real life, im a male supermodel for calvin klein , with a great sense of humor , loads of money and the most gorgeous girlfriend in the world...oh yeah, I also adopt lil puppies and kids from other countries:)

What? No kittens? You gotta thing against p*ssy? :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im taller and more concerned that Im overly optimistic and intensely happy and motivated and that it will bother people.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same guy, online and off. What you see is what you get; there is no difference. I would like to think that I am a fun,outgoing,happy guy with absolutely NO filter both on and off line.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm less furry in real life.

I am probably more outspoken in the real world because it's easier for someone to know whether I'm being serious or joking.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a frog. :-)
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am more "real" here than on facebook. The way I act online on MFP is the way I act when I am with my friends in person. I'm crazy and a flirt. But on facebook I am friends with people's kids and family etc and I feel I need to be more reigned-in.