Am I the crazy one?

Options
Or do some guys here post some pretty inappropriate ish to women on here?

Look, I'm not exempt from making comments to folks that might make my mother blush, but I tend to save such things for women I've developed some sort of 'relationship' with... who know where I'm coming from... who know if I'm serious or joking... and who have likely offered a comment or two before i broached such a subject.

But some of the things I see sent to my female mfp friends just makes me wonder... 'you kiss your momma with that mouth?'

Do I know the nature and history of their relationships? No, not always. Doesn't mean your 'open' comment isn't being received as tacky... if not downright disrespectful.

If you feel like I'm talking to you... then maybe consider if the ish you say to these random women online is something you would say to a friend IRL... (this, of course, is taking a leap of faith that you have actual female friends)

*steps off soapbox*

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Aww. You're cute.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Let me know how your fishing trip goes.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Aww. You're cute.

You should see the stuff that ^^^^^ she sends to me.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Aww. You're cute.

Don't make the other boys jealous.
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    Let me know how your fishing trip goes.

Ah, the beauty of it is, I don't live and die by my friends list...

Grown men fish for sustenance... not for friends... and definitely don't need keyboard courage to talk to women.
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Posting this anywhere but your news feed is an obvious fishing trip. But whatever you need to tell yourself.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    do-gooder.jpg
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Am I the crazy one?

Yes.
  • rondayvu
    Options
    Good comments , the anonymity of chat rooms allows people to go way beyond boundaries that they likely wouldn't cross in person.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Aww. You're cute.

No, YOU should see the stuff she sends ME!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    do-gooder.jpg
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I think guys have sent me messages and said stuff to me on here they wouldn't dare say in real life. And no guys, that's not OK. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I would say the women of MFP are as bad or in most cases worse then some of the men...I'm fine with that!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    The guys on here can be real deusch bags, but the girls on here that accept it aren't so classy either!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    do-gooder.jpg

I want that on a t-shirt.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    I would say the women of MFP are as bad or in most cases worse then some of the men...I'm fine with that!
    agreed, plus we are all adults. Women don't need a knight in shining armor to come rescue them from the evil online sex fiends.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    *Points at the OP* Look everyone! Gentlemen DO exist!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Someone just got some major brownie points from the Ladies. Check your inbox you may have gotten tons of boob pics lol
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    No silly, you're Crazy8ts.