Girls with Man Calves

Options

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten* nice strong calves.. I wouldn't want to get into a kickboxing match with you! :laugh:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I get that kind of muscle in my legs too...it drives me nuts when people say that women can't bulk up. Some of us just have thicker muscle even without trying.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    JEALOUS.

My calves are really long and thin even though they are pretty strong. I never gain weight below the knee :(
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Probably just your genetics. I've been approached by trainers I know in the gym to ask me what kind of calf workouts I do. They hate me when I look at them quizzically and say "walking.....I guess."
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Damn check those calves!! *kitten* I have been training mine for 3 years and mine is not much better than yours...damn good genetics I would say
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here, and it's genetic with me, too. But hey, EMBRACE those legs. I love my legs. Imagine having the opposite problem of little bird legs! You don't want little bird legs. You want nice solid legs that keep you supported all your life. Legs like that won't let you down. Also, they are ****ing sexy. (At least I think so.)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. I have never let it bother me. My brother always picked on me for having bigger calves than him. I have had a lot of women ask me how do you get them. I have them naturally. As I continue to walk, they get more definition. Even though my waist has expanded, my husband is still in love with my legs after 24 years. Sorry I have not figured out how to add picutres to the message boards or I would show you mine.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Why are they man calves?.. because they have muscle? :noway:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Because I wanted to offend someone. Success!! :laugh:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I HATE my calves my husband LOVES them he says that my legs are super sexy. I know he's biased but its the only opinion i care about <3
  • Gizziemoto
    Options

Because men are jealous that we have them and they don't. :happy:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Embrace it and kick the **** out of anyone that makes fun of you.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    <--- OMG! I just posted about this on my wall!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Same here, and it's genetic with me, too. But hey, EMBRACE those legs. I love my legs. Imagine having the opposite problem of little bird legs! You don't want little bird legs. You want nice solid legs that keep you supported all your life. Legs like that won't let you down. Also, they are ****ing sexy. (At least I think so.)

^This.
  • allifantastical
    Options

Because men are jealous that we have them and they don't. :happy:

Exactly!
  • Gizziemoto
    Options

Looks great to me and yes I am a female. Just using my doggie in his costume for Halloween. He likes to trick or treat.:laugh:
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I get mine from my dad, and they aren't as bad right now, but whenever it is softball season, they seem to visibly grow :/ The only time it really makes me sad is when I want to wear a skirt.... I feel like wearing a dress makes you look hyper feminine anyways, and it obviously isn't a big problem with jeans or shorts because (at least for me) I am not trying to look very feminine then.
    So I just don't wear skirts haha!

But I guess even if you are unhappy that they are so well defined, it is such a better trade than being unhealthy, and maybe eventually you will see them as something to be proud of because it symbolizes how much work you have done to get here. (in the way that I am usually happy to see mine because it means that softball is in session haha!)
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I've got skinny calves, have all my life, despite attempting to build those muscles specifically and being a runner. Like, to the point that I can't wear knee-high boots because I look like a child in daddy's waders. Which is ok with me now, because I've realized that if I need tall boots like that, a short skirt to show them off will likely make me freeze, and if I don't need tall boots, I'd just end up with sweaty calves.

I say work what you've got (rock those calves!), and trust your body to find proportions as your weight changes that can be both healthy and attractive when you find styles to flatter the shape you're in.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Looks great to me and yes I am a female. Just using my doggie in his costume for Halloween. He likes to trick or treat.:laugh:

Thank you. :blushing:
  • allifantastical
    Options

Thank you. :blushing:

I agree, very nice!!

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about having big calves.