Girls with Man Calves

Options

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I would imagine the only way to slim down calves of pure muscle would be to not walk for a number of months and\or eat a dangerously low amount of food. I guess you could try walking without them flexing i.e. with your toes pulled upwards throughout the entire motion...
  • lovegrace21
    lovegrace21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just gotta say....calves are awesome and I only WISH mine were that developed girl!
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My calves are about 14.5 inches circumference, and I attribute it to riding my bike everywhere when I was younger. I don't feel like they are out of place at all or disproportionate... I always get comments on how great they look in heels, and I like that! My advice would be learn to embrace the awesome and sexy-ness of having well defined calf muscles! You go, girl!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had 17.5 and lost about an inch on each one. So mine got more defined for sure.
    img2066n.jpg
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First of all, your calves will not and do not look like man calves:) Secondly, there are many ladies that would kill for those kind of legs and most guys including myself love to see ladies with those kind of calves in heels.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have my fathers calves and my mother's thighs so my legs are big all around. I have to buy wide calf boots even after 60lbs! If I wanted them too, they could be large and muscular. right now, they aren't. I want them to lean out, which seems to happen when I get into running... I've gotten used to them but want them to be more defined.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    "Man" calves? I think you misspelled "sexy."
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I had big calves - mine are babies compared to yours.

I'm hoping to lose mine once I start losing more weight because I absolutely HATE my calves.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It will even itself out, your calves are the first things that are responding to the changes you're making. Be proud of them! They show your hard work. The other consideration is to change the type of workout I do, when I lift I notice the look of "bulk" more, but when I run I notice they get leaner looking.

OT, Don't eat my face because I said the word bulk.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    <--- man calves

I have had them all my life.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    They're freakin' awesome!!! You're so lucky!!!
  • smiles4support
    Options
    Mine are big/muscular as well...I HATE IT & ALWAYS HAVE!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yea it is hard to find boots that fit for sure.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I have this problem too. I've always had big legs, but since I started the weight loss, my legs have gotten really manly (or sexy as corrected by Kaleidy-Ly) looking. Not complaining at all though.

Just earlier today, I had this guy randomly ask me in the gym if I had been an athlete in high school or had run track. A customer of mines asked if I were training to become a cheerleader due to my legs (Do cheerleaders have big legs???)
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    wa wah wahh i have sticks for legs :frown:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You mean calves like this?
    3X3S9l.jpg

Some days I really like them but most days, I feel your pain :(
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    wa wah wahh i have sticks for legs :frown:

You aren't the only one:(
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm filipino so mine are permanent. :( Forever cows of steel. e_e
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mine are huge. I have no idea what they will look like once I reach my goal. The only time I lost a lot of weight in the past, I noticed my calves were gigantic. I hope once I get way down to my goal that they won't look so weird. Big is okay, I just hope they don't look freakish.

Edit: this thread just prompted me to measure mine. Now, I'm still a big girl but I don't feel much fat in my legs. I'm sure I'll lose a little but jeeeeez my calves are 20in. :noway:
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have huge calves too. I hate them because it makes it really hard to shop for jeans