It is. For Star Wars stuff I have this-

IMG_20120228_234736.jpg

And this-

2-1.jpg
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have quiet a few so bare with me..
    Chest: Memento Vivere which means Remember To Live; September 2011, I tried to take my life with a bottle of sleeping pills and a bottle of Jack Daniels, after I got out of the hospital, I wanted something that I could always see that would remind me that, everyone dies but not everyone lives.
    Right shoulder: A heart with wings with black smoke around it, with my brother's name scrolled inside; In memory of my brother that passed away in 2007.
    Left shoulder: A heart with a crown on top and a rose swirled around it, and a dove above it; In memory of my sister that passed away in 2007.
    Inside of right arm: My sister's name with flowers around it.
    Inside of left arm: My brother's name with stars around it.
    Right wrist: My nephew's name.
    Left wrist: My other nephew's name.
    Above my left wrist: A heart design with stars around it, with my best friend's name.
    Right hand: Three black and red stars near my thumb, Love on the center of my hand.
    Left hand: Three black and red stars near my thumb, Pain on the center of my hand.
    My left side under my breast: My ex boyfriend's name.
    My right calf: Tweety Bird, in memory of my grandmother that passed in 2011.
    My left calf: A flower design I got from a card my sister sent me before she passed.
    My right foot: A heart and flower design with Mom inside.
    My left foot: A heart and flower design with Dad inside. [ in progress ]
    :heart:
  • NicholeChristina
    Options
    I have a cancer ribbon with my fathers nick name in it ......a butterfly with my sobriety date under it ( sounds funny but it has been what has kept me sober a few times ....who wants a date that means nothing on you lol) and I have a chinesse symbol for success on my ankle and a purple lilly on the other ankle that says forgiven through it
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh sweet lord, how do I add pics?
  • kkwebster
    kkwebster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    while we wait for the puking unicorn pictures...

I have three blackbirds on my right shoulder- my sisters and I got it together.
    Celtic knotworked butterfly on my lower back (tramp stamp, I know :P)- got it when i graduated college. Butterflies symbolized rebirth and I was hoping it would encourage a pleasant transition into the "real world'...
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    oooh fun.

half sleeve- origami cranes/frangipani (b/c i'm a geek and an artist)
    inner forearm- polynesian (ode to early art)
    entire upperback-polynesian again (see above)
    hip- "cosa nostra" (brother and I match, sicilian heritage)
    side neck-stars (b/c i wanted a reasonless tattoo)
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Carpe Diem-inner wrist
    Heart shaped locket w/ key- left foot
    4 leaf clover w/ lady bug with saying Daddy Pat- In memory of my dad.- right foot
    3 lady bugs in the color of my girls birthdates- right foot
    Butterfly-back
    Flowers-back
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Star on my inner left wrist/forearm. Sailers used to have star tattoos if they could navigate by the stars. Also have heard that a compass rose/stars on the wrist tattoos symbolizes protection and guidance on their way home. I got this one a year after my 2nd Open Heart Surgery for a spiritual representation of protection and guidance on my way to my eternal home.

& Dog Tags on my right ankle "Loyalty" and "Courage" - Family tattoo with my mom and sister, Honoring my brother, cousins(3) and many many friends who served or are serving our country. (My brother and closest cousin were both medically discharged)

Looking to get a white tattoo "Let it be" on my right inner wrist. I am learning that life cannot go my way all the time and there is no need to be stressing(it's not healthy!!)
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Frog on my right shoulder - got with my daughter and my mom on my daughter's 18th birthday.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What: Cross with vines of leaves & flowers entwined around it
    Where: lower back (hate the name Tramp Stamp, but put it there so I dont have to wear a band aid at work & I think it looks sexy!)
    Why: I was turning 40, had just got divorced & wanted to do something I always said I wouldn't.
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    barbed wire around my left arm. Its not as pokey as you would think.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ive got a ton. shoulders, sides, wrists, finger, ankle, behind the ears,shoulder blades, inner arms, back of the neck, hips.
    started with one, led to another, and now its a symmetry thing really. although my favorites have to be my siblings initials. plus my shoulder pieces.with my verse saying" do not judge so you will not be judged"
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My first was a small and somewhat crappy "pick from the wall" rose and heart that I got when I was 18 and "in love"

And I have my first sitting tomorrow night for my new one - a half-back piece of a five-headed dragon in flight, who is known in mythology as the "queen of chaos", very appropriate to my life. So exited about it!!
  • xannonz
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my...........................hmmmmmm skin
  • xannonz
    Options
    Nothing hotter thank ink on a guy!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos, the most recent two are to commemorate our trips to Mexico. We have friends that own a tattoo shop in Puerto Vallarta, and our intention is to continue going every January to get some ink. The rest are just spur of the moment pictures or symbols I love!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    one on my ankle with flowers and 3 hearts - one heart contains my husband's name and the other 2 contain my children's names - 16 yrs ago and was drunk (ha)

one which covers my lower back with a Puerto Rico flag inside a heart and wings coming out of the heart -- this was an on the spot decision

and the last ones I got was my children's names and dates of birth on my wrists -- they are my life line and I constantly need that reminder
  • njitalian
    Options
    Full sleeve and chest panel done by Eddy Deutsche in 3 days straight. .

Symbolizes "Strength through Diversity"
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    4 Stars on my foot. It was my first tattoo and I love stars....not really deep lol

Anchor in between my shoulder blades. Got that when I was going through my divorce to tell myself to be steady and strong.

Cherry blossom tree on my shoulder and upper arm: Got that when I was going through some body image issues among other things. The cherry tree is strong and beautiful. It also represents the cycle of life to me, everything blooms and everything dies.

Plan on turning my tattoo into a half sleeve and also want to get a pirate ship near my anchor with a banner saying "this too shall pass" and a lighthouse so I can always find my way. :bigsmile:

I know, I'm lame lol.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Left shoulder- Love Length in Japanese. First tattoo got it when I was younger mom wouldnt let me get a tattoo unless she approved it I gave her a piece of paper that had Love Life in japanese on it. she had a friend look at it and they said it was something different and "correctly" drew out my tattoo. and they were so so so wrong.

Lower back- butterfly on a rose. 18th birthday present that all of my friends pitched in on.

Back of my neck- "Speak Now" I was at the flea market and my friend offered me a free tattoo, Taylor Swifts song "speak now" was playing on the radio

Infinity symbol on left hip- infinite potential and stuff

Anch and Heart on left thigh- I drew it in class and thought it was cool

Deathly hallows symbol on right thigh (my ticker picture) Harry Potter is my freaking childhood.