Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i have a tattoo of skin on my skin

Hey me too! I'm now a minority. I heard that 50% of adult males are tattooed and 62% of females.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly inside wrist, it was a necklace given to me that I had reproduced in ink, other wrist is a purple ribbon shaped like a heart , it matches my sisters and represents hodgkins lymphoma wich she is in remission for.
    I have a pink star on the back of my neck, a monkey for my oldest son on my shoulder blade, "lets dance" by david bowie on my foot for my dad, my lips and the word "*****" on my bum, stargazer lillies on my lower back, and the newest piece is a buddha with a mohawk ( for my baby) holding two orbs, wearing a robe, riding a koi fish with a wise-man face center of my back about 6 inches or so across, from nape of my neck to just where my bra band hits, it needs one more color session.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Left shoulder- Love Length in Japanese. First tattoo got it when I was younger mom wouldnt let me get a tattoo unless she approved it I gave her a piece of paper that had Love Life in japanese on it. she had a friend look at it and they said it was something different and "correctly" drew out my tattoo. and they were so so so wrong.

I often wonder how many people have something written in Japanese or Chinese that is entirely different than what they intended.
    My dream job would be as a Chinese tattoo artist working on Westerners.

Oh the things I'd write!
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have several, but my first, and favorite is the sun on the back of my left shoulder. I got that one when I was 18 so the sun would always shine on me.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I got a few. But I can only talk about one...Sun( for my son) with his first letter in center
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    So far, I have one on my arm. I designed it myself and every detail has significant meaning. Without boring everyone to death about the details, the two dragons fighting represent my lifelong battle with some internal demons and the crumbling cross represents the impact that struggle has had on my spirituality.

tatt-part2-1.jpg
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    So far, I have one on my arm. I designed it myself and every detail has significant meaning. Without boring everyone to death about the details, the two dragons fighting represent my lifelong battle with some internal demons and the crumbling cross represents the impact that struggle has had on my spirituality.

tatt-part2-1.jpg

Ick... forgot. I was about 50 pounds heavier in that photo! LOL
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is my tramp stamp

bad-tattoos-156.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have "exit only" tattooed on my lower back. If I have too much to drink I don't want any mistakes happening.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Archer on right shoulder - Saggitarius - Me
    Rose (on what will be my left, bottom ab, once my six pack kicks in) - British Rose (me being patriotic? )
    6 Stars on left obilque - One for each of my siblings including me and Mum.
    An Ankh with heirogliphs at the nape of my neck, the gliphs move down the top of my spine to just below my shoulder blades. - life and all the good and bad that comes with it.
    Intertwined Sun and Moon - my deceased twin siblings
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have "exit only" tattooed on my lower back. If I have too much to drink I don't want any mistakes happening.

prove it
  • Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have six. Mine don't have much signifcant meaning. I just loved the tatoos. I have a sun on the inside of my right ankle, a butterfly in the inside of my right elbow, a huge butterfly on my stomach, a callalilly on the inside of my left ankle and a flower on my left foot. For my next one, I want a peacock feather on my left thigh, I think that would look cool....
  • Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have six. Mine don't have much signifcant meaning. I just loved the tatoos. I have a sun on the inside of my right ankle, a butterfly in the inside of my right elbow, a huge butterfly on my stomach, a callalilly on the inside of my left ankle and a flower on my left foot. For my next one, I want a peacock feather on my left thigh, I think that would look cool....

I forgot about the flower on my left wrist. It's really small, I forget I have it...........
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Alrighty then:
    1. Black Heart with gold wings over my left breast. I did this as one of my "tasks" to become a member of the black hearts at Ren Faire. It's a simple, nice piece.
    2. Phases of the moon on the base of my neck. I'm wiccan, so I follow the seasons and the moon..
    3. Cartoon turtle with a "speak no evil" monkey on its back on my left inner ankle- for my mom and me.
    4. Cheshire cat with the words "we're all mad here" on outer right calf. He's MY BOY!
    5. Fairy sitting on a crescent moon on my left shoulder blade- my tribute to Tori Amos. Her music pulled me out of a VERY dark place during my teen years. I would probably not be alive without her.
    6. Celtic Triskelion with cool tones on my right shoulder blade- my hubby and got similar ones but personalized them as our engagement present to each other.
    7. Coop style bride of frankenstein dressed as a witch and flying on a broomstick in front of a stitched-up moon on my right shoulder. My hubby and I are Frankie-philes. Nuff said.
    8. HR GIger Ink on transcrop #23 (aka the demented sparrow/bat) as my tramp stamp. This one tickled like crazy!
    9. My oldest daughters name in her handwriting, her birthday, and her 2 month old footprint on my left foot (she's almost 8 now)
    10. Celtic trinity symbol on my inner right wrist, to symbolize balance
    and lucky #11 my hubby and my initials (we're both RVs so I have an R- a V- and a backwards R) on my ring finger and the phrase "You're so cool" on the side of my finger from the movie "True Romance". My hubby and my movie.

Plans for MANY MANY more. I want to be a beautiful inked up old person too!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have my birth sign (ram horns) in the shape of a heart with 3 flowers for my daughters & my hubby's birth sign above all of it...got it last summer & love it....makes me feel sexy ;)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    I have my birth sign (ram horns) in the shape of a heart with 3 flowers for my daughters & my hubby's birth sign above all of it...got it last summer & love it....makes me feel sexy ;)

Sounds cool. Where is it?
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I have the eye of Horus on my right shoulder (egyptian eye), I wanted it because of one of my favorite band (Alan Parsons Project's album cover for Eye in the sky) and I did some research and found out what it meant. The sign was used on corpses when they had to cut through to skin, so they would move on to the other world. It also was the story behind where Horus lost one of his eyes fighting Seth who had killed his father in Egyptian mythology. I'm a total fan of egyptology.

Second is a tribal rose on my left ankle because roses are my favorites flowers and it was a present to myself when I freed myself from my abusive ex.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options

It's on my right hip...kinda hidden so you can only see it when I wear a bikini....or on my profile if ur my friend :)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options

It's on my right hip...kinda hidden so you can only see it when I wear a bikini....or on my profile if ur my friend :)
    That is one of the sexiest placements for a tattoo! I checked out the pic. Very nice! I love the design!
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1.my first was lower back, before they were called tramp stamps.a Celtic cross with intertwining knots that form hearts. 2. A shamrock on the back of my neck. 3. A plaid star on my arm 4. A black and white checkered star on my other arm. 4 and 5 hot pink and black stars around my elbows. 6. My chest piece a nautical star as body of butterfly with spider web wings surrounded by clouds and stars. 7. My sons name 8. St Augustine lighthouse has a banner under it of my sons bday. 9. Seahorse on a piece of sea grass surrounded by waves. 10. A flaming jack o lantern surrounded by bats, stars, and pieces of candy corn. 11. Gingerbread man getting his head bit off by a skeleton. Need to finish my shoulder to complete sleeve. And 12. My daughters name