Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    On my left hip I have a full color Siberian Tiger head. A proud and majestic animal. If I could own one I would. Boyfriend paid for it for my 40th birthday.
    My next tat will be a tattered old teddy bear holding balloons and each balloon will be the color of my 3 kids birthcolors and can add balloons for grandkids.
  • plus_chocolate
    Options
    Angel on my arm with the name Mae Etta (My great grandma)...dove on my back with a ribbon that say faith when I am finish there will be another that says unity and the my family scripture between them
  • IMyriah30
    Options
    Tribal on lower back
    Chinese symbol for wind, bc my name is Myriah and there's a song "they call the wind
    Butterfly on hip
    Butterfly on ankle( love butterflies)
    Wings on my shoulders(consist of angel, butterfly and dragonfly wings)
    Anchor with "I refuse to sink" on foot
    Birds of a feather into a swallow on chest(my profile pic)
    Husbands name on ring finger
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I have 5...really need to get more pics up.

1. Right Hip. 3 hearts within each other - Got it the night I turned 18. Inner heart (pink) represents my immediate family growing up; middle heart (green) represents my family to be (now my kids); outer heart (blue) represents God....each takes care of the other.

2. Right Shoulder. Gecko & butterfly - My son and daughter

3. Left Shoulder. A Hawaiian tribal symbol (I lived there for 4 years). It reminded me of a wave, and water brings me peace. There are four conjii, one on each corner. Strength, Peace, Happiness and Faith. I got this one as my divorce was in the works.

4. Left Hip. Hibiscus with a palm leaf, words that say "Hideaway Hotties" - This one makes me blush, but it's my fun one. I had a good group of friends in HI. We met every Sunday during football season at a bar called the "Hideaway". It was open for families on Sundays and was very family friendly on those days. We'd go back on Fri/Sat nights, or have parties somewhere else. Anyway, since we were all affiliated with the military and leaving the island, we said that everyone had to get branded before leaving. ;)

5. Left Side (armpit to hip). Three hearts with a rose intertwined. The hearts represent my kids and myself. The rose represents life and shows that no matter how many thorns you encounter, there will always be beauty in the end. I got this one a week after my divorce was final.

ya lets see

Working on it...I'm horrible with taking pics of myself. :)
  • Willlift4shoes
    Options
    Just got mine. Its a cover up. Its a mother fairy holding up a baby fairy in front of a moon. I am a mother and love all 5 of my babies. Its on my lower tummy and side. I love it.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

1. Right Hip. 3 hearts within each other - Got it the night I turned 18. Inner heart (pink) represents my immediate family growing up; middle heart (green) represents my family to be (now my kids); outer heart (blue) represents God....each takes care of the other.

3. Left Shoulder. A Hawaiian tribal symbol (I lived there for 4 years). It reminded me of a wave, and water brings me peace. There are four conjii, one on each corner. Strength, Peace, Happiness and Faith. I got this one as my divorce was in the works.

4. Left Hip. Hibiscus with a palm leaf, words that say "Hideaway Hotties" - This one makes me blush, but it's my fun one. I had a good group of friends in HI. We met every Sunday during football season at a bar called the "Hideaway". It was open for families on Sundays and was very family friendly on those days. We'd go back on Fri/Sat nights, or have parties somewhere else. Anyway, since we were all affiliated with the military and leaving the island, we said that everyone had to get branded before leaving. ;)

5. Left Side (armpit to hip). Three hearts with a rose intertwined. The hearts represent my kids and myself. The rose represents life and shows that no matter how many thorns you encounter, there will always be beauty in the end. I got this one a week after my divorce was final.

ya lets see

ok if you insist I'll take pictures of you :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

ya lets see

ok if you insist I'll take pictures of you :flowerforyou:

Cute....how did I miss this one? Well...the horribly taken pics are now up on my profile.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My most recent is shown in my ticker. I thought of it as hope...when I was kid I always blew on dandelions and made a wish. :) I have 5 others and am going in again in about a month for my biggest so far. When it is completed I will post pics of it.
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I got my first one a couple weeks ago.
    It goes across the top of my right shoulder (on my trapezius) and it's simple black cursive that says "Let's adore and endure each other"
    I got that because when I moved abroad to London, UK I used to work across the street from a graffiti piece done by an artist named Steve Powers. He does this series around the world called Love Letters and I would walk by it every day to and from work. It used to put me in a good mood and I also wanted something to remember my time in England as it was a dream of mine to live there since I was about 6. I just didn't want something obvious like a Union Jack etc.
  • ScottsCompassRose
    Options
    Let's just leave it at that I have ink (4)!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    ff95037b.jpg

I've been told it's hard to read, so incase you can't see it, it says,
    "Do you suppose she's a wildflower?"
    -Alice in wonderland

It's my constant reminder to be vivacious and wild and carefree while still being absolutely beautiful. I suffered from depression for far too many year (my next tattoo will cover my self mutilation scars)

All I want to be is a wild flower

they make the best honey
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    no ink on me... just not my thing. Interesting stories though!
    :smile:
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Heart on my left wrist... It was sort of a heat of the moment thing, I just up and decided I wanted it as an early 21st birthday present to myself. Kind of symbolizes me coming into my own and becoming the person I want to be <3
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    ff95037b.jpg

I've been told it's hard to read, so incase you can't see it, it says,
    "Do you suppose she's a wildflower?"
    -Alice in wonderland

It's my constant reminder to be vivacious and wild and carefree while still being absolutely beautiful. I suffered from depression for far too many year (my next tattoo will cover my self mutilation scars)

All I want to be is a wild flower

they make the best honey

Am I perverse for taking that very sexually?
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I plan to get a basic version of the bicycle tatted on my right big toe when I'm done ❤ lol
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Here is mine!

2s8qov8.jpg

It is the only one that I have, and I absolutely love it. It's a line from the Bright Eyes song, "No Lies, Just Love" in Mongolian script (no real reason, I just thought Mongolian was beautiful).
  • mackenzierain
    mackenzierain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great topic, love tattoos. I have 11 so far;

- 2 chinese symbols: love and dream on each shoulder
    - betty boop on my right outer ankle
    - music notes on right foot
    - stars across my left foot and up the outside of my ankle (done in dot work)
    - koi on left thigh
    - 3 stars on inner right ankle that my sister and I got together
    - papa roach lyrics on back left shoulder blade area
    - headphones with 'beautiful insanity' underneath middle of my back just below my neck
    - hedley lyrics on right inner upper arm 'even the beautiful lose control'
    - a rose with wings on left upper arm

I want atleast 2 more: flowers on right thigh and sparrow on right shoulder blade area :)
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a peace sign that i did myself in the arch of my foot (young, stoned and stupid), but i love it...reminds me of the good old days

A lizard in my back. I used to have a bearded dragon and loooooved lizards (cant wait to cover it up now)

and lioness on top of my left *kitten* cheek! that one I loooove! and defines who I am.....a real lioness (plus its my astro sign)
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Alis Volat Propiis" across my upper back with a butterfly on either side.

It means she flies by her own wings. I left home at 17, I have 3 children that I pretty much raise alone. I've never needed anyone to take care of me.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have 9, I drink heavily.