Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have about 12 or 13. Too many to tell a story about each one :)
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Mine is about a metamorphosis...in mind and spirit. The other is a tribute to my two dead brothers. Everything else I get from now on, is just for the hell of it....I just want some ink and I'm getting the itch now.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Starting to design my next one. I plan on getting it done after I run the Boston Marathon
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have a lot.....I think about 12-13? but they are kinda merging into one really....
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja star (Metallica) and there really isn't a story behind it other than the fact that I'm a HUGE metal and Metallica fan. I plan to get more in the future though!
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I have 2.

Right calf: ying yang with flames. Love ying yangs. It was my first tattoo.

Left shoulder: winnie the pooh with a clover. (ex hubby's name in a banner he wasn't my ex when I did it though.). Reason behind this one is I wanted another tat. Hubby said he'd pay only if I got his name. Trust me when I say his name is very very small in the banner since the clover is only about the size of a quarter. And I love Winnie the pooh since forever. The clover because he is Irish.

Want to get another one with aliens for my 4 kids.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    getting an octopus on my hand with the tenticles wrapping around my fingers,Thursday
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Wrapped around my right ankle I have Vires Fortitudo Venia which is Latin words for strength, courage, and grace (figured if I had them tattooed on me I could portray them better the first two I'm great with but the last man am I clumsy). On my inner left ankle is a cherry bomb, yup The Runaway's one. What's funny is I was thinking about getting it on vacation with my sister in West Virginia visiting my Dad. Well we went out to brunch with my Step-mom's son and I guess they were talking about it when I was in the bathroom. When I came back they kept urging me to tell him about the tattoo I wanted to get and he said 'Well, now you have to.' Of course I was confused, but he continued 'I get all my tattoos done at the Cherry Bomb.' At that point it felt like fate.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Its all on here if you're interested :) - http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/what-my-tattoo-means/
    Pic:

tattoo.jpg?w=252&h=396
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    both on my back.. Rose... was a cover up from a home tat as a teenager.. the other a large Koi fish..= balance and acceptance of self. Next one is to be a turtle..= Life ..longevity..
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    i have five tattoos,7 stars from my neck to my shoulder,(4 sisters 2 brothers) arabic down my back .quote saying ANGELS ARE NEVER TOO DISTANT TOO HEAR YOU i love anything to do with angels, 3 pawprints on my ankle because i love dogs and ive had 3 dogs in my life that meant the world to me, 3 butterflies on my side because i think they are a beautiful creature,and a flower design on my hand because I DONT KNOW WHY ,LOL
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    tattie.jpg

my first one on my tailbone (aka my tramp stamp, though i'm not a tramp by any means...). essentially just the Godsmack tribal sun with different colors and a pentacle in the center because I'm Pagan.

l_95b41e4278c1584bec15b88454b7fd00.jpg

My second one across my upper back symbolizing my husband and I coming together as one and sharing our faith together.

101_11012.jpg

My most recent one on the inside of my wrist... been a die-hard Legend of Zelda fan for as long as I can remember... so why not?

My next one is planned for when I get down below 300lbs. It'll tie in with the one on my upper back and be going down my neck along the spine, in Japanese characters, say "Riki Ai Funi" meaning "Strength and Love in Harmony", symbolizing the hard times my husband and I have been through and knowing that we need to have both strength and love to overcome the hard times and come out perfectly fine together on the other side.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Top of my left foot is a large opening yellow chrysanthemum, Japanese-styled art designed at Slave to the Needle in Seattle.

Inner left wrist is the saying "Il vaut mieux faire que dire", French, loosely translated as "actions speak louder than words." Literally "it is better to do than to say." Location is so I have a constant reminder that nothing changes unless I get off my *kitten* and make it.

Entire right inner forearm is covered with bamboo branches and 3 blue birds. Below and following along the curve of the branches are each of my daughters first and middle names, in the same order they are represented by the birds (older two together and above, from my first marriage, looking over the smaller one, alone, from my second (current and last!) marriage.)

I have probably a half dozen more that I will eventually have.
  • dan09554
    dan09554 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have 1. It's a pocket watch being carried through the clouds by a cherub. The time on the watch is the time my daughter was born. Above is her first name and below is her birth date.

The funny thing about the style of watch I chose is that when i printed a few to compare the one I chose had the exact time my daughter was born.....That had to be the one!
  • babygirl_70
    Options
    on my left shoulder i have 2 boxing gloves 1 pink & 1 blue with a tribal design the tribal design is for the Native American heritage in my family & the boxing gloves reminds me of the horrible abuse iI have been through so far by men, but reminds me also to never stop fighting,,,my prince charming is out there & will find me someday, LOL
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have two. One is on my right wrist. I got it done in purple because I really like color tattoos. It's in French because I took French in high school and thought the language was beautiful. So I needed a beautiful language for a beautiful sentiment. It also happens to be my sn lol. It says "L'amour Suffit" which translates to "Love is Enough." It's a very roundabout idea of the Beatles song All You Need is Love, which is one of my favorite songs. It's on my wrist where I can see it so I can remind myself when I'm being a ***** that I'm surrounded by people that love me, and that's all I need.

The second one is on my neck, it's a roman numeral number 2 with flourish and little hot pink dots around it. The flourish and dots are because I'm very girly and I like pretty things, the 2 is because I am the middle child of three, and we wanted to get tattoos as siblings to remind ourselves that when everyone else has gone away, we will always be there for each other. So, my older sister got a 1 and flourish similar to mine on her wrist, I got the 2 on my neck, and my little brother got a 3 on his arm...his is really ugly, but he likes it so whatever lol. My 2 is a little crooked, but I like it better that way because it kind of represents me and how I am in no way perfect :)

The tattoo artist told me when he did the pink dots that they would fade away within months because of how often I would wash that spot being that it's on my neck. I basically told him shut up and do it anyway, and I'm glad because almost 2 years later they are still there and pink as ever. So. There. lol
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WAbg6.jpg

It means a lot, and the meaning evolves for me as I grow. When I got it, it simply meant "goddess" (it's God/Allah in Arabic with Egyptian wings and the wedjat eye), but now I consider it my protection against the ills of humanity, and my aspirations to soar above typical thinking. Oddly enough, its in the tramp stamp place. :)

I'm working on designing a sleeve tat that will go all the way down to my fingers. It'll incorporate a TARDIS, a 1up symbol, a life meter, some symbol of my kids, Sekhmet, a bracelet with chain ring, and a quill. I'm thinking I'll use this as the basis, but have the quill at my shoulderblade and the design cover my arm, spreading down my left arm to my fingers:

OfNjc.jpg
  • Mako_33
    Mako_33 Posts: 42
    Options
    I haven't got one yet but I am looking at getting one, I am thinking of getting a shark around my bicep but haven't found a design that I like. Does anyone know a good website to get ideas?
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A trail of bufferflies going up the outside of my right calf
    Two roses that wrap around each wrist
    A lily on the back of my neck (mother daughter tattoos that I got with my mom)
    A paw print on my left foot with a heart inside for my cat that I put down
    And "To Love & Be Loved" on the back of my ribs from when I went through a heartbreak.

And hopefully getting another within the next couple weeks :D
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't got one yet but I am looking at getting one, I am thinking of getting a shark around my bicep but haven't found a design that I like. Does anyone know a good website to get ideas?

I love this site: http://www.tattooset.com/ I've found all sorts of cool looking tats here.