Anyone with a significant other who is sabotaging them??

Options

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Piehole is a cruel word? Really?

It's a silly word to describe the mouth. That's it.

BWHAHAHAHA!! Omg. Ima peeeeeeeeeeeee. Piehole is cruel? Surriously?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    just break up.

I wouldn't. I love him too much. :heart:
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My DH is the worst eater, just like your BF. Steaks every other night, loaded baked potatoes, salads drenched in dresssing. We basically eat completely different meals every day. Although he does make things low-fat and low-calorie for me.... yesterday he made homemade chili using ground sirloin, but, he loaded his bowl with cheddar cheese and sour cream! I'm so used to his bad eating habits tho, it doesn't even bother me anymore. So, I'm right there with ya!

My husband eats just like that! I don't really look at is as sabotage, maybe because I'm not on a strict diet; I'm just trying to improve everything overall and lose a few pounds in the process. But when I read this post, I was like, "Yup! Exactly!"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Unless he's holding you down and shoving food into your face, you are the master of your own piehole.

Word.

This pretty much should've ended the thread.

Agreed!!! Just another excuse from people who already have too many excuses!!! Nobody is 'sabotaging' you, you're sabotaging yourself because you have no self control.

Not true at all. I have no excuses. I make no excuses. My weight loss has been successful. I now have extreme self-control. I don't give into his temptation and he didn't make me fat. It boils down to being supportive.

It's not his choice to do this, it's yours.
  • karynspeace
    Options
    Unless he's holding you down and shoving food into your face, you are the master of your own piehole.

This is pretty true. Plus, love the Master of the Piehole. Hehe!

Gonna have to remember that "Master of the Piehole line. Baahaa
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

lol true nicely put...though i agree with some of the otheres :)
  • amandamaedchen
    Options
    I've really struggled with this, too, because my boyfriend and I are in a long-distance relationship so when we do get to see each other we like to go out to romantic dinners (complete with appetizers and alcoholic drinks) to make up for all our missed dates.

But eventually it had to come down to my own self-control. Just because my boyfriend wants to eat something fatty or unhealthy, doesn't mean I have to. There are always going to be temptations out there. The question is, are you committed enough to say no to peer pressure? ;)
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    YES! oh my gosh..
    I was going to post something like this.
    my boyfriend always bring the worst food into the house.. you know like all my favorite chips and stuff. he also gets fast food very often and asks me to pick it up (so hard to not order anything).
    and he's always offering me cookies and stuff. i don't know if he's trying to get me off my diet or what! but it's sooooooo annoying.

LOL i feel the same way.. and he brings home all my favorites LOL its like he wants me to stay fat but I love him haha ..lately..if he does bring something home.. I'll eat half and get him to eat the other half (so I'm not tempted later LOL)
  • rythmless
    Options
    There are so many replies on here about women being "sabotaged" by the men in their lives. What about the other way around? My wife gives the not-so-subtle guilt trip of worrying that I may soon weigh the same as her. I try not to push, and even have taken to keeping my victories to myself to keep her from feeling bad. I know she wants me to be successful, but I think she also resents the fact that I have done so well so far and she has not. The problem is that she does not take it as seriously as I do, and will never see the same results unless she does.

Wat do?
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My husband is very much into fitness and working out; but eats anything and everything he wants, despises vegetables, and can down 1700 calories in a sitting. There is no changing him, as we've been together 22 years. I am jealous that he has never counted a calorie and weighs what he weighed 25 years ago at the age of 42...but oh well. I've also gotten used to eating whatever I fix for myself and it being something he won't touch. The other night I had grilled salmon, sliced tomatoes, broccoli, and half an avocado. He had meatloaf and double mashed potatoes.
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't necessarily overweight but he does have horrible eating habits. Not only is he the worlds most picky eater, he loves meat, potatoes and hot sauce! So he mostly eats fast food, pizza, and chips! He doesn't work out because he is so busy at work (works 3rd shift at UPS) but I wish he would try to sneak more fruits and veggies in at least.

As hard as it is seeing him with worse eating habits than mine, he supports my hard work at the gym.
  • shantellrae
    Options
    YES! Actually, my husband does do it unintentionally, but I sort of lay some blame with my weight today because of how he enables me to eat so bad. He has a really fast metabolism and can get away with eating burgers at every meal - I cannot. So I think he tells me "You look fine, just eat a burger!!!" so that he doesn't feel guilty eating bad in front of me, but then I feel awful after giving in. I'm through with that! I must find the will power to say NO. Any tips on eating good while everyone else is eating bad in a restaurant setting?
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm new to this site. What does DH mean? **** head?

DH means Dear Husband... BF - Boyfriend
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't necessarily overweight but he does have horrible eating habits. Not only is he the worlds most picky eater, he loves meat, potatoes and hot sauce! So he mostly eats fast food, pizza, and chips! He doesn't work out because he is so busy at work (works 3rd shift at UPS) but I wish he would try to sneak more fruits and veggies in at least.

As hard as it is seeing him with worse eating habits than mine, he supports my hard work at the gym.

This is my boyfriend minus the 3rd shift work...he works at home.
    My bf has really bad eating habits...meat, starch and sweets and he doesn't like veggies...but he has at least learned the concept of portion control now and he lost 20 lbs as a result. I luck out many nights because he's gone when I eat dinner so I can make whatever I want and because I want to cook more veggies, I can.
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    I haven't read all of your reponses....I have to admit to jumping right to the reply button. I also live with my boyfriend, pure farmboy! He is not Diabetic and not really at an unhealthy weight. But he eats what he wants and when he wants. We both work late a lot and he always wants to stop by and grab fast food. Me, I lose all sense of priorities when looking at fresh made fries! He really doesn't understand why food and restaurant choice can be a problem for me. He thinks if you want to lose weight just cut out the morning cracker and soda. (I don't think I ever had a midmorning break (snack) like that. I gave up regular soda probably over 15 years ago. He thinks I'm being silly when I go walking, or try any other type of exercise.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can only be responsable for yourself. Maybe he'll be inspired by your progress. If you do the cooking, just cook what you want. If he does the cooking, tell him thanks but you'll make your own because you feel you have to make some changes in your life.

True, but I can imagine it's much harder when your significant other isn't on the same page.

Since I am so close to my goal (5 lbs) and my BF met me after I had already gotten into shape, he thinks I'm nuts. He's always telling me that I could eat whatever I want, I look fine the way I am...etc. So as much as I love how he appreciates me the way I am, he doesn't get the work it ttook to get here, or what it takes to maintain it (not to mention he's totally JACKED & could eat enough to feed a small country without gaining weight) lol

I'm not sure this requires an answer but since you quoted me........

Of course life style changes are harder if your SO isn't on the same page. That's why I suggested talking to them and explaining you're trying to make a change. You shouldn't make him eat your way unless he/she wants to. The other side of that coin is you shouldn't be required to follow their dietary choices.

These kinds of situations are always easier if you can discuss them but if you can't come to an agreement you have to do what is best for yourself and let them do what is best for them.
  • GerhardtKoch
    GerhardtKoch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not intentional sabotage suspected at this stage. My own weak minded approach to the whole weight loss and fitness regime, which I have committed to. My Wife's got this crazy wonderful metabolism that seems to burn whatever she consumes. Then there is the three carpet munchers at home who she has to fully stock with snacks for school, sweets etc. just too much temptation around the house for me. I have to become a recluse and not socialize at work, functions etc. since there is all the saboteurs around me, some freak just put a plate of pastries on the table right outside my office.

So basically what I am alluding to is, nobody but ME is going to be responsible for my weight issues and I am going to have to learn some serious self discipline to reach my goal. Now excuse me I am going to hunt down and kill the sucker (f replaced with an s to minimize profanity on this forum).
  • Hayesgang
    Options

This is YOUR journey!

Did you try and change his eating habits before you changed yours, or were you along for the ride~enjoying the same foods he's having now. I think a lot of us get all high and mighty because WE made the choice to changes, how would you feel if the roles were reversed. We choose this path when WE are ready not when someone tells us too.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My hubby has said one night after dinner- "Don't go to Zumba, stay home and we can watch 2 episodes of Breaking Bad on Netflix". But, he was kind of kidding, kind of not. He is overall great though :)