How do I get my wife to stop lifting heavy?

Options
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble at home lately. Recently, my wife has gotten into lifting heavy weights. How can I tell her to stick to cardio with the rest of the ladies without sounding like a total jerk? I told her than men don't really like women who lift, but she said I should love her no matter what. She's trying to lose weight anyway, so lifting weights is really counter productive. It's only been about 2 weeks, but already she's started bulging and her shirts are ripping to shreds. We can't really afford to buy new clothes every month. She's also started growing dark hair in all the wrong places, and her sex drive is through the roof (I'm still sore). What am I supposed to do?

Replies

• runnninginmd
    Options
    Funny
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can't get her to do or not do anything. It's her choice.

Regarding the ripping shirts to shreds and growing dark hair, must be those steroids she is taking.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble at home lately. Recently, my wife has gotten into lifting heavy weights. How can I tell her to stick to cardio with the rest of the ladies without sounding like a total jerk? I told her than men don't really like women who lift, but she said I should love her no matter what. She's trying to lose weight anyway, so lifting weights is really counter productive. It's only been about 2 weeks, but already she's started bulging and her shirts are ripping to shreds. We can't really afford to buy new clothes every month. She's also started growing dark hair in all the wrong places, and her sex drive is through the roof (I'm still sore). What am I supposed to do?

can we limit sarcastic trolling posts to the chit chat...

This is likely to get good even with me calling you out though.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just sit her down and explain that women lifters get bulky and she is a delicate flower and you're afraid that she will break the pedastal you've put her on.

Also, she should only be eating 1200 calories. You might need to start restricting her diet a little bit.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Tell her to take up Tae Bo instead
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Does she have violent mood swings and sometimes physically abuse you? Sounds like roidin to me.. haha
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    just don't let her post here when she beats you in arm wrestling...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    She got more than 60g of protein, didn't she?
  • LoraF83
    Options

And she probably ate most of it after 7pm.
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really hope you're joking...?

Lifting weights is really good for women, from a fitness and appearance point of view, as well as from a physiological/health point of view, for example it helps to improve bone density...

Technically a woman shouldn't be able to get too big, or body-builder-like without taking a little extra something on the side, our bodies don't produce enough testosterone...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Buy her a copy of P90x or Insanity along with a new broom and dust pan for Christmas. The video will make her go from ripped and sexy to skinny and skeleton-ish in no time flat and the broom will increase her productivity around the house. Just be nice and get her initials engraved on it, now that says love.

The real question is where did she get all that protein from? What what?
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just sit her down and explain that women lifters get bulky and she is a delicate flower and you're afraid that she will break the pedastal you've put her on.

Also, she should only be eating 1200 calories. You might need to start restricting her diet a little bit.

:flowerforyou: lol
  • kkschelle66
    Options
    Time out.... i am not bulky. i lift 5-6/week. i am far from being bulky at all. i am 5'3 and 133 lbs. i am a competitor. there are ways to lift and not get big. alot of that is what she is putting into her body to fuel it... if she is eating excessive amounts of carbs fats and proteins then yes she can get bigger cuz she is over feeding her muscles! the key is a clean lean diet and then she can lift AND do cardio and STILL look feminine :)
    it IIIISSS possible... i've done it!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You definitely got to be kidding.:noway: :noway:
  • ADHDentrepreneur
    Options
    You're either a troll, or just an idiot. If you're not a troll: Tell your wife to divorce you and find a new man with an IQ bigger than his running shoe size. I hope you haven't procreated yet, if not, get sterilized immediately.
  • LoraF83
    Options

Buy her a copy of P90x or Insanity along with a new broom and dust pan for Christmas. The video will make her go from ripped and sexy to skinny and skeleton-ish in no time flat and the broom will increase her productivity around the house. Just be nice and get her initials engraved on it, now that says love.

Can you please tell my husband where to get me an engraved broom & dustpan for Christmas?? That's all I really, really want!!! It would make my life complete :bigsmile:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Why are you letting her out of the kitchen long enough to go to the gym? Tell her to make you a sammy like a good little woman.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Troll much? LOL!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    You're either a troll, or just an idiot. If you're not a troll: Tell your wife to divorce you and find a new man with an IQ bigger than his running shoe size. I hope you haven't procreated yet, if not, get sterilized immediately.
    Roid-rage? Don't get mad at the funny stuff, get mad at the people that seriously ask questions about this stuff.
    Can you please tell my husband where to get me an engraved broom & dustpan for Christmas?? That's all I really, really want!!! It would make my life complete
    Try Macy's. Though you might be able to get a Louis Vitton branded broom if you look hard enough.
    Why are you letting her out of the kitchen long enough to go to the gym? Tell her to make you a sammy like a good little woman.
    See, this women gets it. Why are you posting on line and not in the kitchen yourself?? Hmmm...? :huh: :huh: :smile:
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Can you please tell my husband where to get me an engraved broom & dustpan for Christmas?? That's all I really, really want!!! It would make my life complete
    Try Macy's. Though you might be able to get a Louis Vitton branded broom if you look hard enough.

Ohh! Maybe I can even get a matching apron.....if I'm a good girl that is. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.